Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    Maul only had 15 minutes of air time so I don't really consider him a main character. While Luke is a main character, I would be more excited if the Luke was Dagobah, Besbin, RTOJ, or Tatooine. Without an X-Wing for Luke to fly, Luke in X-Wing gear is kind of useless.
    He's still a pretty main character. And has a large fan following.

And I don't think Luke: X-Wing needs an X-Wing to earn being made.

We don't have a Rebel Blockade Runner for Captain Antilles either.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

We should, Beast. I even built 1 I felt so strongly about it

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    We should, Beast. I even built 1 I felt so strongly about it
    Yeah.... but you're an extreme crazy pants collector.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    He's still a pretty main character. And has a large fan following.

And I don't think Luke: X-Wing needs an X-Wing to earn being made.

We don't have a Rebel Blockade Runner for Captain Antilles either.
    If you going to start a new line though, and use Luke as your big name, wouldn't you use Jedi or Tatooine Luke over X-Wing Luke?
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    If you going to start a new line though, and use Luke as your big name, wouldn't you use Jedi or Tatooine Luke over X-Wing Luke?
    Jedi Luke... eh, maybe. But Tatooine Luke is actually kind of boring looking because he's just wearing white baggy clothing. With X-Wing Luke, at least Hasbro can produce a highly detailed figure with lots of cool little gadgets on his suit, a helmet, blaster and a lightsaber.

Personally, I think X-Wing Luke is just a more eye-catching design.

If Hasbro has started with Tatooine Luke, then I would still be excited about the potential of the line, but he would instantly go into the "definite pass" category for me. Just not interested in another toy of that outfit, no matter how iconic it is. For me, X-Wing Luke is in the "most likely purchase" category (which is just shy of the "definite purchase" category).
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Yeah... Tatooine Luke isn't really a figure that you can show off cool sculpting with.

Plus in the 3 3/4" line he was made so many times he was a huge snooze each time.

Honestly if Hasbro had premiered this line with "obvious" choices like Tatooine Luke and a plain Stormtrooper alongside R2 and Darth Maul, then I think that would actually not bode well for the future of the line and I would probably be significantly less excited about the announcement. Because it would feel like Hasbro was just going through the motions and wasn't really invested in the new line.

When they start out with secondary outfits like Luke's X-Wing Pilot uniform and the Sandtrooper, then it gets me excited because they seem to be thinking more "out of the box" and not just doing what everyone expects them to do.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Same reason I'm glad they didn't hit the ground with Luke: Bespin or Luke: Jedi Knight.

Those two are huge fan favorites and seeing them roll out so early would worry me.

Luke: X-Wing and Sandtrooper does exactly what you said. Shows Hasbro has faith in the line.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Personally, I think X-Wing Luke is just a more eye-catching design.
    He does look great, there's no denying that. I guess I'm so used to Hasbro pulling the plug on a line I enjoy that I would rather have the iconic figures out first so I can't say, "Man, I wish I had that one...".

I do hope that case assortments are not uneven.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    My concerns:

1. Quality in sculpt and detail are NOT sacraficed for the 3 3/4" line.
    Wait a minute... you're the guy who's still displaying POTF2-era He-Man Luke, Han, Vader, etc. and you're worried about quality sculpting and detail?