Hybrid View

Lightbulb Star Wars - The Black Series: 6" Figures Wish List!

Ahhhh... a fresh new forum for a fresh new toyline. And one that has me interested in buying Star Wars again. Something that I haven't done really since a couple years after RotS outside of every Jar Jar figure, Jocasta Nu, and the Jedi Force line. So let's kick things off with everyone's favorite wish list.

I'll keep this thread updated as much as I can. So list your Top 10 Figures!
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

1. Jar Jar Binks (The Phantom Menace)
    2. Darth Vader
    3. Grand Moff Tarkin
    4. Boba Fett (ESB and ROTJ Variants)
    5. Luke Skywalker: Jedi Knight
    6. Emperor Palpatine/Darth Sidious
    7. Count Dooku
    8. Chewbacca
    9. C-3PO
    10. Princess Leia: Bespin Gown

Trying to be realistic about my choices, this is what I would love to see within the first 2-3 years if the line is a success:

1. Bossk
    2. TIE Pilot
    3. AT-AT Driver
    4. Biker Scout
    5. Jedi Luke
    6. C-3PO
    7. Chewbacca
    8. Stormtrooper
    9. Boba Fett
    10. Gamorrean Guard
    11. Han Carbonite

I think Darth Vader is such a foregone conclusion for this line that I see no point in including him in my wish list.

If the line is successful and continues on for a few years, then I would like to see some more obscure choices:

1. Barada
    2. Kithaba
    3. Ephant Mon
    4. A-Wing Pilot
    5. Amanaman
    6. R5-D4
    7. Yak Face
    8. Pote Snitkin
    9. Squidhead
    10. Weequay
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Trying to be realistic about my choices, this is what I would love to see within the first 2-3 years if the line is a success:

If the line is successful and continues on for a few years, then I would like to see some more obscure choices:

1. Barada
    2. Kithaba

8. Pote Snitkin

10. Weequay
    I am VERY surprised at these names on your list, BB.

I am not all that enthused about this line. I'm taking a wait (a while) and see approach.
    "That's what Sheev said."

I'm already sold on the Luke X wing pilot and r2 figures. Maul I think I can live without. If it was a regular storm trooper rather than a sand trooper, I'd be ready to buy it as well. I don't think we'll get any obscure characters for quite a while so I'll keep my list realistic.

1. Vader
    2. Stormtrooper
    3. Han
    4. Chewie
    5. C3PO
    6. Leia from anh
    7. Boba Fett
    8. Scout trooper
    9. Luke stormtrooper
    10. Luke hoth
    I'd really love to see some scaled accessories/beasts to go with these like speeder bikes, taun tauns, and a wampa, but I won't hold my breath.

I'd really like to see the Sandtrooper they're doing be accurate to the armor in ANH for Sandtroopers, which means notably different from the armor used for Stormtroopers in places like the knee, the hip boxes, and more.

Do you think this line is going to use soft-goods, cloth robes and such? I hope they are better quality than the last large-format figures with soft goods, the Mega Action line. The issue of soft-goods could affect my list, like where Obi-Wan would fit in, that sort of thing.

Anyway, I really don't have a wish list yet, just do this line right and I'll be tempted by most figures, plan it out so there's longevity rather than flopping early.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Which OT or Prequel figures would you like to see?

Hey guys

I used to post on here about 10 years ago and for some reason I stopped (although my passion for Star Wars and Star Wars figures has remained). I don't even remember my username.

Anyways, hello everybody! I still recognise a few names from 10 years ago.

Well, I'm really looking forward to the Black Series as I love the 3.75 figure line and I also love the Sideshow line so I'm excited to get something in between.

What are the figures that on your wish list?

For me, the number 1 is Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker. I absolutely love the Sideshow version and I would love a highly detailed 6" version of Luke from Return of the Jedi.

The others on my wishlist are as follows:

Darth Vader (Empire Strikes Back)
    Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Padawan)
    Aayla Secura
    Anakin Skywalker (AOTC Tusken Fight)
    Jango Fett
    Luke Skywalker (A New Hope)

What about you? :-)

If the Sandtrooper wasn't in wave 1, that would have definitely been in my top 5 somewhere. I think X-Wing Luke might have made the top ten as well. But since those two are on the way, my want list looks like this:

Bossk - I don't want this line to die until they make a Bossk figure, no one else matters.
    TIE Fighter Pilot
    Biker Scout
    Gamorrean Guard
    Stormtrooper
    AT-AT Driver
    Barada
    Kithaba
    Ephant Mon
    Amanaman - these last four would never happen, but I would buy them in a second if they were made.

I really can't think of much from the Prequels that I would buy. Maybe Commander Cody, a Shocktrooper or an Ep2 Clonetrooper if they looked amazing
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Top 5 Original Trilogy:

1. Emperor Palpatine
    2. Grand Moff Tarkin
    3. Darth Vader w/ Removable Helmet (RotJ)
    4. Princess Leia: Bespin Gown
    5. C-3PO

Top 5 Prequel Trilogy:

1. Jar Jar Binks (TPM)
    2. Darth Tyranus
    3. Jango Fett
    4. Mace Windu
    5. Anakin Skywalker (RotS)

Quote Originally Posted by ShoulderOfOrion View Post
    Hey guys

I used to post on here about 10 years ago and for some reason I stopped (although my passion for Star Wars and Star Wars figures has remained). I don't even remember my username.

Anyways, hello everybody! I still recognise a few names from 10 years ago.

Well, I'm really looking forward to the Black Series as I love the 3.75 figure line and I also love the Sideshow line so I'm excited to get something in between.

What are the figures that on your wish list?

For me, the number 1 is Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker. I absolutely love the Sideshow version and I would love a highly detailed 6" version of Luke from Return of the Jedi.

The others on my wishlist are as follows:

Darth Vader (Empire Strikes Back)
    Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Padawan)
    Aayla Secura
    Anakin Skywalker (AOTC Tusken Fight)
    Jango Fett
    Luke Skywalker (A New Hope)

What about you? :-)
    Welcome back! Great username, Blade Runner reference? I was just thinking about that scene in particular the other day, so that'd be a funny coincidence.

I merged your thread into the existing one we have for 6" wishlist since they're so similar.

Your list is pretty good, I definitely would have Jedi Luke near the top of my list (it would have been the top a couple years ago, but since then Hasbro has hit this figure a lot in the 3.75" line). Vader ESB is another that'd be right up there, and Jango is one of the few prequel figures I'd like to see, there's not a definitive one yet in any line (Gentle Giant's 2nd mini-bust is as close as it gets right now). A transforming Destroyer Droid would be boss too.

Largely, I'm hoping they'll surprise me with quality paint and sculpts, and any character choices should mostly be good by me.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.