Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I'm not sure how many 6" figures I'll actually end up getting, but here's what I hope to see outside of the predictable main cast (Vader, Chewie, etc.) and obvious others (Stormtroopers, Boba Fett, etc.).

Grand Moff Tarkin
    Han in Carbonite block (at this scale should be electronic)
    Royal Guard
    Greedo
    Snowtrooper
    Biker Scout
    Any other Imperial (Drivers, Pilots, Troopers, Gunners, chokefodder Officers)
    Rebel Fleet Trooper
    Wedge
    Biggs
    R5-D4
    The Bounty Hunters (Bossk, IG-88, etc.)
    Any Skiff guards
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    Han in Carbonite block (at this scale should be electronic)
    I'm not sure if electronics are the best idea for a collector themed line. You'd basically be forcing mint-in-box collectors to open the toy up or face leaking batteries 10-20 years down the road. Plus the battery pack would need to be accessible to allow people to change or remove the batteries. Which is a permanent compromise to the look of the toy for an electronic feature that will get old after a couple of days.

If the battery packs are sealed and inaccessible, then what's the point of collecting them since the figure is likely going to be destroyed by leaking batteries after a few years?

That is true. But, I'd rather the batteries not be included anyway. With it being a more mature collectible line, I don't think it's necessary for it to have "Try Me" packaging and so there'd be no need to include batteries. Besides, not including the batteries means they don't have to sacrifice cost from the actual block and/or its features.

It's an unrealistic desire anyway. If they make it electronic, it'll probably be part of some exclusive set like for SDCC or something. If they actually use up a slot just to release a 6" block of plastic at retail, then it will probably come with a Han Solo figure and be a meager accessory that's not worth adding electronics to.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I'd really like to see the Sandtrooper they're doing be accurate to the armor in ANH for Sandtroopers, which means notably different from the armor used for Stormtroopers in places like the knee, the hip boxes, and more.
    I'm really hoping that will be the case; but it won't necessarily be a deal-breaker if it's not.

1. Vader
    2. Jedi Luke
    3. Stormtrooper
    4. Boba Fett
    5. Commander Cody
    6. General Grevious
    7. Scout Trooper w/ Speeder Bike
    8. Endor Han
    9. ANH Leia
    10. Chewbacca
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

With this line, I don't think I'd bother getting visually indistinctive characters like Tarkin and Biggs, I think I'd stick with iconic characters that are somewhat action-related (example: Endor Leia, maybe; but Ewok Village Leia, no). I do wonder how those secondary characters would do at $20 in this line though.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    With this line, I don't think I'd bother getting visually indistinctive characters like Tarkin and Biggs, I think I'd stick with iconic characters that are somewhat action-related (example: Endor Leia, maybe; but Ewok Village Leia, no). I do wonder how those secondary characters would do at $20 in this line though.
    The 12" Action Collection ran for a long time and included some major secondary characters.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    The 12" Action Collection ran for a long time and included some major secondary characters.
    The 12" Action collection also ran for about $19.99...
    How inflation has changed our figures.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Yes, and I didn't get a lot of those either.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

If these figures compliment my Unleashed at their scale - and I don't think they do as Unleashed is 7" if I'm right - I'd buy only 4:

Qui-Gon Jinn
    Luke Bespin
    Snowtrooper
    IG-Manga Droid (x2)

I might be persuaded to get:

Lando Bespin
    Chewbacca with C-3PO parts
    Leia Bespin Escape
    R2-D2

It would have to start with Hasbro making Lando Bespin and then I might go back and purchase the others if they were released first - I think R2D2 is coming out, right?

Otherwise, I'm not collecting a new line.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.