Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Top 5 Original Trilogy:

1. Emperor Palpatine
    2. Grand Moff Tarkin
    3. Darth Vader w/ Removable Helmet (RotJ)
    4. Princess Leia: Bespin Gown
    5. C-3PO

Top 5 Prequel Trilogy:

1. Jar Jar Binks (TPM)
    2. Darth Tyranus
    3. Jango Fett
    4. Mace Windu
    5. Anakin Skywalker (RotS)
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoulderOfOrion View Post
    Hey guys

I used to post on here about 10 years ago and for some reason I stopped (although my passion for Star Wars and Star Wars figures has remained). I don't even remember my username.

Anyways, hello everybody! I still recognise a few names from 10 years ago.

Well, I'm really looking forward to the Black Series as I love the 3.75 figure line and I also love the Sideshow line so I'm excited to get something in between.

What are the figures that on your wish list?

For me, the number 1 is Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker. I absolutely love the Sideshow version and I would love a highly detailed 6" version of Luke from Return of the Jedi.

The others on my wishlist are as follows:

Darth Vader (Empire Strikes Back)
    Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Padawan)
    Aayla Secura
    Anakin Skywalker (AOTC Tusken Fight)
    Jango Fett
    Luke Skywalker (A New Hope)

What about you? :-)
    Welcome back! Great username, Blade Runner reference? I was just thinking about that scene in particular the other day, so that'd be a funny coincidence.

I merged your thread into the existing one we have for 6" wishlist since they're so similar.

Your list is pretty good, I definitely would have Jedi Luke near the top of my list (it would have been the top a couple years ago, but since then Hasbro has hit this figure a lot in the 3.75" line). Vader ESB is another that'd be right up there, and Jango is one of the few prequel figures I'd like to see, there's not a definitive one yet in any line (Gentle Giant's 2nd mini-bust is as close as it gets right now). A transforming Destroyer Droid would be boss too.

Largely, I'm hoping they'll surprise me with quality paint and sculpts, and any character choices should mostly be good by me.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Lando Calrissian
    Captain Panaka
    Captain Typho
    Mace Windu
    Adi Gallia
    Stass Allie
    Fozec
    Edian
    Chuxter: I finally got your joke!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Holy crap. "The Black Series", you just got that??? That was literally the first thing one of my buddies said was going to be a problem with this line, the racial issue.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

All joking aside, I would buy a Lando in this line if he looks good enough. I think the packaging would look classy with the ol' scoundrel.

However, I foresee them leaving him out just to avoid the potential backlash.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

All joking aside, I would buy a Lando in this line if he looks good enough. I think the packaging would look classy with the ol' scoundrel.

However, I foresee them leaving him out just to avoid the potential backlash.
    Yeah, I'd buy regular Lando or maybe Skiff Lando if they made him good enough. Not likely General Lando though.

If they leave him out to avoid racial bias, won't that be a sign of racial bias itself???

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    If they leave him out to avoid racial bias, won't that be a sign of racial bias itself???
    In this world of Django Unchained NECA figures being recalled and groups complaining about a Jabba's Palace LEGO set, it's not hard to imagine a member of the General Public seeing a black character on a Black Series packaging, take it out of context, and complain to the media about it.

I doubt they'll get to Lando unless the line goes for quite some time, but the entire line is a surprise, so who knows.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Yeah, but not having ANY black people in the line would return us to the original SW ANH days when people complained there were only white people in space according to George Lucas, that is not better.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Yeah, but not having ANY black people in the line would return us to the original SW ANH days when people complained there were only white people in space according to George Lucas, that is not better.
    But people might not notice there being no black people in it. Whereas Lando on a card that says The Black Series will be a beacon for those crazies... particularly if he pegwarms like Lando has an unfortunate tendency to do. (I'm thinking of a situation where a store has nothing but Black Series Landos on the shelf at some point. Yikes!)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

But people might not notice there being no black people in it. Whereas Lando on a card that says The Black Series will be a beacon for those crazies... particularly if he pegwarms like Lando has an unfortunate tendency to do. (I'm thinking of a situation where a store has nothing but Black Series Landos on the shelf at some point. Yikes!)
    Yeah, SW fans aren't going to notice the absence of non-white folks or anything.