Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Yeah, the Sandtrooper looks like something you would pay Gentle Giant or Sideshow $150-$200 for. It's amazing! Plus, the $20 pricetag is not going to stop me from buying multiples. Really nice to see the Sandtrooper-specific details on this guy.

R2 looks great as well, but I'm hoping those opening doors fit a little better on the production version. I could have done without the booster rockets for another OT related accessory, but I really have no complaints. It's really the best R2 figure I've seen.

I had planned to pass on Maul unless the photos just totally blew me away. Well, I'm still planning to pass on Maul.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I think R2-D2 is great. And while you may not like the booster rockets I'm glad they're included.

I can't really think of another accessory that would be better to swap out with them anyway.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Steve just loaded his great pics from the showroom. Hazzah for more pics!

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/g65...n-figures.html

It's great that R2-D2's dome eye is also in the right spot. Unlike the majority of 3 3/4".

I love how Maul uses minimal soft goods. Having a head w/ attached plastic cloak is brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    I think R2-D2 is great. And while you may not like the booster rockets I'm glad they're included.

I can't really think of another accessory that would be better to swap out with them anyway.
    Buzzsaw arm? Drink tray? Holographic Princess Leia? Any, or all, of those would have been better than the booster rockets.

Again, though, it's just nitpicking. I'm pretty excited about it overall.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I might buy R2D2 later on down the line on the secondary market or something if Hasbro makes Lando, Leia, Chewie w. 3PO Bespin Escape figures.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

So they simply upscale the size by a bit and charge twice as much for the same quality? I'm sooooo glad I don't still collect.

These don't look like anything special whatsoever and the fact that they're using lame characters instead of normal main character sculpts is typical of the type of people that are still around. Maul in the first line?
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

You may want to look at the pics again. They are by no means the "Same Quality".

Just compare the detail on Luke: X-Wing to his 3 3/4" counterpart for example. No contest there.

Lame Characters? Luke is lame? R2-D2 is lame? Sandtrooper is lame? That's just bizarre thinking.

And of course Maul is in Wave 1. They had to slot in a prequel character. And he has a large fanbase.

You may want to look at the pics again. They are by no means the "Same Quality".

Just compare the detail on Luke: X-Wing to his 3 3/4" counterpart for example. No contest there.

Lame Characters? Luke is lame? R2-D2 is lame? Sandtrooper is lame? That's just bizarre thinking.

And of course Maul is in Wave 1. They had to slot in a prequel character. And he has a large fanbase.
    Yeah, these 6" figures are above and beyond what's possible in the 3.75" line.

Also, I love the character choices except for Maul. If I had to make a list beforehand of 6" figures that I wanted without hearing any announcements from Hasbro, then the Sandtrooper, Luke X-Wing and R2-D2 would have all made it onto my top 10. The Sandtrooper would have likely been in the top 5.

I'm only buying these if I can pair them at the same scale with my Unleashed.

Then I want:

Luke Bespin to go with Vader Bespin Unleashed.

Qui-Gon to go with Maul Unleashed.

Snowtrooper to go with Luke X-wing Unleashed.

---------------------------------------------------------------

What I want are things that have never been made before that go with my existing collections:

3 3/4" realistic
    3 3/4" Clone Wars
    12" SideShow
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Luke X-Wing is lame. Why not use farm boy Luke? You know, the iconic one that everyone knows? R2 is good so that's the only one. Why make a Sandtrooper instead of making a Stormtrooper? And heaven forbid they make a prequel Qui-Gon or Obi-Wan instead of fanboy Maul. This line is dead before even starting.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!