Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    The long panel on the left side looks like it opens. It's not shown open in the official photo or in the booth photos, but it definitely looks like it's a separate piece from the body, so it's entirely possible that the buzz saw is in there (even if it's not completely movie accurate).
    Yeah, I saw that panel, it looks like even in their images it's broken on the prototype, or maybe they decided the production model won't have gimmicks on that side, we don't know yet. It's entirely possible that panel is full of gold too.

The OT still gets three accessories in the periscope, lightsaber, and scanner, plus the saga-spanning arm, so is it really that much of a travesty that they threw us PT fans a bone? It's not like they're these huge, giant accessories - I doubt the drink tray could have been included instead of these; that's a much bigger piece. I don't remember Hasbro saying the waves would be 75% OT to 25% PT - the USA Today article only says the line would "primarily" be OT, and that's not even a direct Derryl quote. You said it yourself that the booster rockets are the only PT accessories, so it's not like the OT's being ignored here or anything.
    It's a compromise that does neither OT nor PT fans any favors. Instead of getting an "ultimate" R2 since we're paying "ultimate" pricing, we're getting a handful of gimmicks and it seems to be ensuring that we won't be seeing all the stuff we should be getting in either realm. With this thinking, why not just make all Vaders into 1 figure, with ANH vest robes and ROTS limiting shoulder armor? Why not just make 1 Han Solo figure for the entire saga, so what if he has a different outfit in each movie and looks different as he ages - close enough, right? It's lame and a bad precedent. It's also surprising given the amount of sheer accuracy they put into the Sandtrooper - why show your commitment to such deep collector quality in one figure and then stumble on another? It's not like R2's a large figure or a complex figure or even heavily articulated, so is it a cash grab, is it just budgetitis, is it a lack of vision?

As for the 75% OT thing, I thought it was something said during the presentation, not sure where I picked it up if not there.
    EDIT: Rebelscum stated it here, I took it as accurate since they were at the show and I wasn't - http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front...ort_150221.asp

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    Are these the same forums that demanded a Yarna? That one worked out well.
    Good, good! Let the hatred flow through you. Yarna wasn't really the problem, Hasbro overproducing Yarna, allowing "pie in the sky sales"-minded retailers to dictate production numbers on a figure destined to be a low-seller, and that was the real problem, they should have revamped those wave 1 cases a quarter the way through production to avoid that pegwarmer.

Now if you had pointed out the fan forums' demands for a Sith Infiltrator toy...
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Anyways, kind of a shift in topic, but I've been hearing a lot of comments about how "strange" the character choices are for wave 1 of the 6" line. I was listening to the "Galaxy of Toys" podcast the other day and they asked what figures we would choose if wave 1 had been up to us.

Personally, I wouldn't change anything except Darth Maul, who I would replace with Bossk. Then have Boba Fett, Darth Vader, Bespin Han Solo and C-3PO for wave 2.

So, if you could choose the first two waves of this line, who would you choose?
    STRANGE?!? I don't get that thinking at all, this is as safe an assortment as you can get.
    - Luke pilot is visually distinctive and colorful, and recognizable as a main character yet not so crucial that should there be bugs to work out in the line they will have ruined a significant entry.
    - R2-D2, uh, duh!
    - Sandtrooper is a statement that this brand is willing to go the extra mile to get collector needs right, and it's also an adventurous version of an iconic Star Wars mainstay.
    - Darth Maul is the prequels it-boy, he's visually distinctive and an obvious bad guy, he's the poster boy for Ep 1, and he's alien.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I have to agree with JediTricks (and Hasbro) here.

Their marketing plan:

1 PT
    3 OT - makes sense in terms of demand for this price range.

also:

1 hero
    1 alien
    1 droid
    1 troop builder

Main OT:

Han
    Luke (X-wing - made)
    Leia
    Chewie
    R2 (R2D2 - made)
    3PO
    Vader
    Stormtrooper (Sandtrooper - made)
    Lando
    Boba Fett
    other alien / Ewok / from Jabbas / or from the cantina

Main PT:

Qui-Gon
    Obi-Wan
    Anakin
    Padme
    Darth Maul (made)
    JarJar
    Battle Droid / type
    Palpatine / Darth Sidious / Emperor
    Darth Tyranus
    Jango Fett
    General Grievous
    other alien

That being said, I'd leave wave exactly as it is.

BigBarada asked who would I choose? I'll answer for wave 2:

C-3PO
    Darth Vader
    Chewbacca
    TPM Obi-Wan Kenobi (because they made Maul already, and the last PT character was both alien and a villain)

All this being said, I still would only buy Luke Bespin, Snowtrooper, and Qui-Gon if they match my Unleashed (approx)
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I'm guessing we might see one "Small" character per wave to balance costs as well.

R2-D2 this wave. Yoda, Jawa, etc. in future waves.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    I'm guessing we might see one "Small" character per wave to balance costs as well.

R2-D2 this wave. Yoda, Jawa, etc. in future waves.
    Balance costs? So $20 for a single 6" figure isn't enough? Now they're gonna rip you off by giving you half of a figure for the same price?
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

LOL Slicker. They could re-release Maul as only the top half
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Balance costs? So $20 for a single 6" figure isn't enough? Now they're gonna rip you off by giving you half of a figure for the same price?
    Man... you have a serious hate on for this line. Not sure why you're so angry.

And as we've already seen with R2-D2 they pack a lot of stuff into those smaller characters.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I think they all look great. I may be getting them all!!

Having said that, Boba Fett and Darth Vader and the two I'm most anxious for.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Man... you have a serious hate on for this line. Not sure why you're so angry.

And as we've already seen with R2-D2 they pack a lot of stuff into those smaller characters.
    It's not so much a hate as much as it is a disgust. Just how these figures have taken a downward spiral to the point that they end up being $20 now. I realize that we had the Unleashed figures but we also had normal 3 3/4" figures to accompany them. But with these they seem to kinda be a main line and they've reduced the number of 3 3/4" figures.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

It's not so much a hate as much as it is a disgust. Just how these figures have taken a downward spiral to the point that they end up being $20 now. I realize that we had the Unleashed figures but we also had normal 3 3/4" figures to accompany them. But with these they seem to kinda be a main line and they've reduced the number of 3 3/4" figures.
    There will be eight $20 6" figures this year, 19 collector-focused $10 3.75" figures this year, and 12 kid-focused $6 3.75" figures this year. It seems like there's an initiative to release fewer items overall but make sure that people can actually find them this time around, which is coupled with the fact that the figures won't even start being released until more than halfway through the year. (There were around 50 Vintage figures in 2012, which had releases throughout the entire year, but most people could only find 12 of them.) Hasbro is just hyping the 6" figures more than they did for Unleashed or other similar lines because they really need to recapture the collector market, which is being lost to companies like Gentle Giant and Sideshow more and more these days (and not helped by people not being able to find Hasbro's stuff).