Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Well I feel like Slicker does but JabbaJohn rocked with the information he brought to this party. Very reasonable.

But I long for the days when the economy and interest held things together when we'd easily see carded Cliegg Lars, maybe Nyrat Agira, Imperial Dignitary Sim Aloo - because the line and the product flow-through would support them being at least one per case in standard releases.

Also the Clone Wars ANIMATED style might have supported Anocanda Farr, Bail Organa, Chancellor Palpatine, Trandoshan hunters, Riff Tamsen, Dutchess Satine, Padme in a non-action outfit - because collectors were also buying animated figures and it could be marginally supported and the product style was not just appealing to the kid market whom Hasbro determined needed an army of Obi-Wans for every customer.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

TNI has posted images of the first wave of the 6" Black Series line.

Wow. They all look great. And I love how much attention to detail they focused on the Sandtrooper.

Like the movie version he doesn't have the thermal detonator on the back of his belt.

http://jediinsider.com/index.php?catid=8&itemid=14709
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Luke's face sculpt doesn't look quite as good outside of Hasbro's lighting, but that's to be expected. Other than that, holy lord, these figures look amazing. I can pretty safely say I'll at least be getting R2-D2 . . . and so it begins . . .
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Maul looks awful, the Tatooine look has the big split in the middle plus the immobility of the arms and the odd expression and no droid control band; the Naboo head has really F-grade horns, paint and sculpt are unacceptable even at 3.75" levels, much less a 6" $20 figure.

Luke Pilot's hair is pretty bad, it's cast in orange with blond chunked highlights painted on. The face has a caricature quality to it, the angle is funky so it may be throwing off the likeness, but it could also be the weird paint on the eyes and eyebrows, I'll reserve judgement for the store. Paint on the grip of the pistol is unacceptable, why is it just a band of brown. Helmet does have weathering paint though, that's good.

Sandtrooper looks good, it does have that Hasbro problem of single-level paint so the weathering is either there or bald white. Hoping that left shoulder gap is meant to be hidden by the backpack's shoulder ammo packs (seen from the back), or that's an ugly section. Package has bent right elbow well out of position.

R2-D2 looks good at first glance, but is missing some of the finer details and the sculpting on the body and legs doesn't look any better than a regular sized figure.

Actually, that's my takeaway with a number of elements here, there's not really enough standing out as better than the 3.75" versions, there's a lot of thick sculpting and simple painting, not as much high quality as I had been hoping for. Tons of paint bleed too, and blobby-looking accessories. Hopefully they'll look better in person.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I have the General Grievous Unleashed.

I've actually thought about this and to go with him, I might purchase:

the 6" Obi-Wan Kenobi (ROTS - when that's offered - and it will stop one from pegwarming for sure) and 2 IG-1000 Magna (body guard) droids.

2 6" Super Battle Droids might also replace the Magna Droids.

In the IKEA "detolf" (glass shelf display cabinet) I also want Hot Toys (through SideShow I guess) to make a 1/6th scale General Grievous and the 1/6 scale Grievous Body Guard (of which I could possibly see myself having to spend like $400 to purchase 2 of them).

There will be NO Jedi figures facing them, as I suspect there will be no room for those figures.

In my "Geonosis, Utopau, Mustafar" detolf, I will display the SideShow ROTS Obi-Wan vs. the Hasbro 1/6 scale Grievous (nice figure, really - but you have to use those clear plastic bands to get him to hold the lightsabers). And miraculously, SideShow Cody and 212th Clone fit in there, too. (I liked but never bought the Airborne dude because I'm out of room on that shelf and he came out last).

So when Hasbro makes:

6" Obi-Wan

and IF Hasbro makes:

6" Super Battle Droid or 6" Grievous' body guard...
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Hasbro Toy Shop has Wave 1 up for Pre-Order now at $19.99 each.

Even better... if you spend over $50.00, you get free shipping. Ordered my set from them.

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/SearchR...CDT=1371775822

Beats all the other E-Tailers right now. Since Big Bad Toy Store wants like $10.00 shipping.

It looks like those earlier pics from Ebay might just have been factory rejects.

As here's some new package shocks of Wave 1. Everything looks just fantastic.

http://forum.starwars-figuren.com/fo...p?TOPIC_ID=514

I tried to look at the pictures, but I couldn't since I can't read German.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    It looks like those earlier pics from Ebay might just have been factory rejects.

As here's some new package shocks of Wave 1. Everything looks just fantastic.

http://forum.starwars-figuren.com/fo...p?TOPIC_ID=514
    They look like the same run to me. Maul still has stubby rounded-off horns and a giant split robe; Luke still has that weird look on his face and orangey hair and a weird brown band painted for the gun grip; Sandtrooper still has paint gaps at the belt; R2 looks identical.

The only thing that doesn't look the same is the Sandtrooper's gappy shoulder, and that could just be due to the joint being rotated forward on this sample - you can see it's wider at the back. Everything else is clearly angle and light differences.

But "fantastic" is definitely not the feeling I get from seeing these.

Ever the helpful commentary, Chux. Google Chrome auto-translates the page in-browser to say that the second guy has nothing to complain about with the figures and packaging.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Hasbro Toy Shop has Wave 1 up for Pre-Order now at $19.99 each.

Even better... if you spend over $50.00, you get free shipping. Ordered my set from them.

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/SearchR...CDT=1371775822

Beats all the other E-Tailers right now. Since Big Bad Toy Store wants like $10.00 shipping.
    Thanks for the heads up!
    I picked up R2-D2 and Sandtrooper and a transformer. Ended up 3 cents short of free shipping. Added the least expensive thing to put it over.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-