Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 194
  1. #71
    Toys R Us has Buy 1 Get 1 50% on all Star Wars figures right now. Including Black Series.

    Cancelled my Amazon order and reordered from them. Got the full set for an amazing deal.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

    AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

  2. #72
    I've been trolling hasbrotoyshop.com trying to score the Boba Fett/Han Solo carbonite since Sunday, no dice.

    GG, has the Boba Fett mini bust on their site, but it's only available to "members" and I'm not gonna drop $80 just so I can order a $150 mini bust.

    Hopefully Hasbro will get it together and put it up on their site.
    May the force be with you.

  3. #73
    Pawlus posted a fairly deep review of 6" TBS R2-D2: http://www.galactichunter.com/gh/sto...s-6-inch-r2-d2

    Ok, I've been reading Pawlus' work since 1996 when I was getting his email newsletters, and I've NEVER seen him come down harder on a figure. The video review is exceptionally generous as usual, but the written review is rough enough (keeping in mind that Pawlus is a bit of a cheerleader) that I am strongly considering canceling my preorder with Amazon.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  4. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Pawlus posted a fairly deep review of 6" TBS R2-D2: http://www.galactichunter.com/gh/sto...s-6-inch-r2-d2

    Ok, I've been reading Pawlus' work since 1996 when I was getting his email newsletters, and I've NEVER seen him come down harder on a figure. The video review is exceptionally generous as usual, but the written review is rough enough (keeping in mind that Pawlus is a bit of a cheerleader) that I am strongly considering canceling my preorder with Amazon.
    The more I see of that R2 the less I want it. It's pretty much a definite pass for me now. I'll buy the Sandtrooper and maybe Luke X-wing, depending on how he looks in person; but I see no reason to spend my money on R2 or Darth Maul (Maul looks excellent, but I just have no interest in owning the figure).

  5. #75
    I'd cancel the Amazon preorder, and buy him at Ross in January.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

  6. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    The more I see of that R2 the less I want it. It's pretty much a definite pass for me now. I'll buy the Sandtrooper and maybe Luke X-wing, depending on how he looks in person; but I see no reason to spend my money on R2 or Darth Maul (Maul looks excellent, but I just have no interest in owning the figure).
    I hear ya, had the Sandtrooper been available I would have preordered, but alas it was not. Luke I just don't want to drop $20 on in that outfit at all, it looks ok but I don't want Luke X-wing at this scale, doubly so when there will never be an X-wing for him to pilot.

    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I'd cancel the Amazon preorder, and buy him at Ross in January.
    If R2 hits Ross in January, we're in deeper trouble around here than expected. I am teetering on the edge of canceling.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  7. #77
    I've rarely seen such a lack of enthusiasm for a figure who's not even been released yet. And I'm still not convinced these are the future of the line; an awful lot of people plan to pick a few figures from this line, if they get any. And the kid appeal is practically nil.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

  8. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I've rarely seen such a lack of enthusiasm for a figure who's not even been released yet. And I'm still not convinced these are the future of the line; an awful lot of people plan to pick a few figures from this line, if they get any. And the kid appeal is practically nil.
    Well, it's obviously geared towards collectors, so the kid angle is nil. But the pick-n-choose is due to 2 things: prequelitis is still a divisive thing, and the quality on these is not where it should be.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  9. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I've rarely seen such a lack of enthusiasm for a figure who's not even been released yet. And I'm still not convinced these are the future of the line; an awful lot of people plan to pick a few figures from this line, if they get any. And the kid appeal is practically nil.
    Check out 6" Collector Forums. The reaction here is not typical at all.

    Frankly Sir Steve's is pretty much dead now anyway. Other than a few 4" Old Skool fans.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

    AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

  10. #80
    I was actually referring to the majority of folks I know who don't frequent this site. For the most part, it's still "I might get Vader" or "Maul looks good." Given that Hasbro won't change from relying mostly on big box retailers, I'm just not sure how long the line can work, especially when reaction to some figures is so lukewarm already.

    I get the impression you think I'm opposed to the line or want it to fail. I don't care--actually, I'd prefer it to succeed so long as no one decides to scrap the 3.75" line entirely. Hasbro's track record with things like this just doesn't give me much hope.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO