Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    I personally, have little to no interest in getting any prequel figures. that eliminates half of the figure possibility. I also have no desire to get anyone outside of Core Characters or non-Core figure decos. I have no need for X-Wing Luke without a X-Wing. So out of the first 12 fgiures, I only have interest in 7 of them, meaning I will never see those 7 in stock and the 5 I don't want will be shelf warmers.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Pawlus reviewed the Sandtrooper here:
    http://www.galactichunter.com/gh/sto...-action-figure
    He's more positive and the general feeling is excited, but there's an undercurrent of "ugh... why did they do that?" in several places.

Pawlus makes a mistake though, he cites the dot on the front of the Sandtrooper belt as an ugly assembly peg when in fact it's Hasbro and/or GG trying to recreate a shape on the actual armor and just not getting it very right.

Pawlus says Luke is better, which I find surprising.

Rich from RS reviewed Maul here:
    http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front...aul_153570.asp
    Overall a fairly positive review for the base figure, but not much love for the execution of the cloaked experience which is what I expected. I don't understand the point of wanting swivels below the elbow and knee when the hands and feet rotate anyway, those joints wouldn't add anything at all to the functionality. The photos show an unpainted ear stud though, kind of chintzy.

Also reviewed Luke:
    http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front...ker_153546.asp
    A very positive review, although rightfully calling out the unhidden pins for the knee joints. The biggest knock is against the deco on the head, which is what I expected. The review doesn't call out the sloppy vest paint though, and it looks like in their pictures worth noting.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Pawlus reviewed the Sandtrooper here:
    He's more positive and the general feeling is excited, but there's an undercurrent of "ugh... why did they do that?" in several places.

Pawlus makes a mistake though, he cites the dot on the front of the Sandtrooper belt as an ugly assembly peg when in fact it's Hasbro and/or GG trying to recreate a shape on the actual armor and just not getting it very right.
    That's the second Sandtrooper I've seen with some really questionable paint apps on the helmet. I'm really going to have to pay attention to that when I see these in stores. For $20, I expect the paint apps on the helmet to be nearly perfect.

These are now showing up more thanks to Target's resets, so I'll be interested to see what people think of these in person - including myself.

Really, because I haven't seen squat of these in Texas and all the "resets" at Target say "Saga Legends" and "Mission". Bare pegs all over and not a single indication of Black Series. Walmart -zip, Target - Mission/Saga, Toys R Us - Mission/Saga. Not looking good down south.
    May the force be with you.

The target in Frederick, MD had them the other day. They were in the back and they only had one case with one of each inside. A friend bought the whole thing. I saw the figures at his house and they're okay, but I can't see this being the future of the line.

I really think the shame of this new 6" figure roll out is that the sandtrooper is selling out first. I really hope this doesn't cause Hasbro to think we want nothing but army builders in this line. I can just see a long line of clone trooper repaints coming out next year and rotting on the shelves.

They had the 6" figures at TRU today. Two were left, both Darth Maul. He looked nice in the package, but as I'm not interested in Maul, I passed. Maybe when he shelf rots and reduces in price, I might pick him up.

They also had wave 1 of the black series. They had them all there still, but I'm more interested in Wave 2. In retrospective, I probably should have picked up the Scout Trooper.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    That's the second Sandtrooper I've seen with some really questionable paint apps on the helmet. I'm really going to have to pay attention to that when I see these in stores. For $20, I expect the paint apps on the helmet to be nearly perfect.
    Yeah, it's the simplistic manner with which they apply the paint, if they chose a more competent paint system it'd not be like this.

Basically, Hasbro's manufacturing limitations makes them the McDonalds of the collectible universe, they can take the same concept and ingredients as a gourmet restaurant but it'll still be McDonalds at the end of the day.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I saw these at three different Targets today, and while they were very, very impressive in person, the paint apps on all left something to be desired. Maul will almost undoubtedly be my first purchase, but he tended to have a smudge on the nose, or eyes that made him look a little too far to one side, or good paint on one head but poor paint on the other. The Sandtroopers' sand battle damage resulted in some weird mahogany streaks either on the helmet and/or chest that were too noticeable to let slide. All the R2-D2 figures had sloppy blue rings near the base of the dome, which was frustrating. Luke fared the best, but while he looked cool and I've heard great things about the figure, the costume itself is not particularly exciting to me personally. I'm really typically not too picky about paint when it comes to the 3 3/4" figures for a number of reasons - it doesn't bother me too much at that scale, or I'm worried I won't find the figure again, or the figure overall is just so cool it doesn't bother me - but I'm being harsher on the 6" line, maybe as a way to deter myself from going overboard here.

Sizewise, R2-D2 did also seem just a bit too short. I held up a Saga Legends R4-P17 figure for comparison, and while I don't know exactly how the SL figure compares to previous astromech droid figures, I do know that previous astromech figures have been scaled up (aside from the TVC Bar2-D2). So the fact that the 3 3/4" astromechs are too big and the 6" one is too small makes them appear just a little too close in size.

I assume these will be in pretty good supply as more and more stores reset and start stocking for Fall, so I'm not worried about finding them yet. Still, these complaints should register as fairly minor, and overall the figures were really quite cool.

Adam Pawlus has his reviews of Luke:

and Maul:

Both are fairly positive. The gloves on both figures look proportionally too big in photos, but that could be just an optical illusion. The ankle articulation really looks off on Maul's boot, it's not as bad for Luke, but I'm just not confident in this joint's usage.

Still haven't seen these in person yet.