Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    No sign of these anywhere in my area. I've been reading disturbing news that Walmarts have been doing their planograms for the fall reset and many stores seem to have no intention of carrying the 6" line. If a retailer the size of Walmart opts out of carrying this line, then I don't think that bodes well for the long term longevity of the 6" figures.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

One of the other threads had this link posted to check Target codes online.

http://m.target.com/fiats/dp-087-06-...t_adv_xasd0002

On a side note, I checked yesterday and found several Target's near me with these in stock, but they had not put them out yet. I called around and asked about them, here is what I found:

Target #1: Showed 6 inch figures in stock. They were kind enough to pull the case for me from the stock room. So, I scored one of each, they were even nice enough to let me keep the box. It was the only case they had. The aisle had a tag for the 6 inch figures as well as tags for the Mission, Legacy, etc. None of the new stuff had been put out, just the clearance figures and an odd assortment of "Angry Bird Star Wars" stuff to keep the pegs from looking too bare.

Target #2: Showed 6 inch figures in stock. Claimed they "had some in the back" and asked me to wait on the phone while they looked. However, they did not put me on hold and I heard them talking. Younger guys working, one said to another "yeah, SW stuff is always worth picking up" "that would be about $40" "yeah, they are $20 each" "They're still worth picking up". Then he gets on the phone and says "We only have Darth Maul and R2-D2, they are in the store room. We can hold them in electroincs if you want". I stopped by and found the same shelving situation there, nothing new on the pegs but tags for the new stuff.

Target #3: Showed 6 inch figures in stock. I gave the code to the Customer Service girl and told here "6 inch Star Wars figures". She put me on hold then came back to me and says "Our toy department told me they don't have any new Star Wars figures." Which of course is not what I had asked her. I had asked her if they had the DCPI code in stock.

Target #4: Showed 6 inch figures in stock. Told me they had them in the back store room. I asked about Luke Skywalker and Sandtrooper, she asked the back room who told her they had a Luke Skywalker, but no Sandtrooper. When I got there, I checked out the toy aisle and found the same situation, bare pegs, tags for new stuff but none put out.

Keep in mind that each case has 1 of every figure, they are packed with 4 figures. So obviously Target #2 and #4 have sclaper problems in their toy department, Target #3 is probaly sick of collectors, but Target #1 is closest to me and seems to be the best.

Overall I managed to pick up 2 of almost every figure, except the Sandtrooper of which I only found one. I will pick up another later.

Also of note, the 6 inch Sandtroopers have picked up over the last couple of days on ebay. So it looks like these are getting out there slowly. It also seem that Hasbro only shipped about 1 case per store, or one of every figure.
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    No sign of these anywhere in my area. I've been reading disturbing news that Walmarts have been doing their planograms for the fall reset and many stores seem to have no intention of carrying the 6" line. If a retailer the size of Walmart opts out of carrying this line, then I don't think that bodes well for the long term longevity of the 6" figures.
    I went to a few Walmarts that had reset but not restocked - or were at least in the process of restocking. The Star Wars sections were noticeably smaller, and while it didn't cross my mind at the time, I didn't see any shelf or peg space for the 6" line. The Black Series pegs for 3 3/4" were clogged full of Discover the Force figures, 3D glasses and all, so that was my main concern at the time. It's been standard practice for years that different Walmarts will carry different items, so maybe some will still have the 6" line . . . though why they'd opt out of that in favor of the Jakks Pacific 31" Darth Vader is beyond me.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I went to a few Walmarts that had reset but not restocked - or were at least in the process of restocking. The Star Wars sections were noticeably smaller, and while it didn't cross my mind at the time, I didn't see any shelf or peg space for the 6" line. The Black Series pegs for 3 3/4" were clogged full of Discover the Force figures, 3D glasses and all, so that was my main concern at the time. It's been standard practice for years that different Walmarts will carry different items, so maybe some will still have the 6" line . . . though why they'd opt out of that in favor of the Jakks Pacific 31" Darth Vader is beyond me.
    My local Walmarts have put up their plan-o-grams and none of them included the 6 inch figures. They also have yet to put out any new stock, to include the Mission Series, Legacy, Black Series, etc.

The toys r us that I saw had them, placed the the item on actual pegs, instead of have shelf space. Needless to say, the figures, while having hooks, are too heavy to stay on the pegs. I tried twice to put the Mauls on the pegs and they both fell off due to weight.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I found Luke and R2 and turned them down. It's nice but not worth $20 and R2-D2 is too small.

I'm thinking Luke Bespin and ROTS Obi-Wan will be my only purchases from this line.

I think Qui-Gon and a Snowtrooper will turn out too small for what I'm looking for.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Postman delivered my 6" Darth Maul - I am not feeling this line based on this figure.

The tampoed paint on the head is off-center and the cheek pattern is wrong.

The right knee on mine is shot too high (you can see the punch-out still intact) and comes apart when used because it wasn't finished through the other side properly.

The outfit deco is simple and the sculpting is only fair.

The joints are all ratcheted and the leg joints have too much play while the arms are too stiff and somewhat limited in range.

The cloaked look doesn't work with the big split in the front and the overly short sleeves and no droid cuff.

The hips don't spread wide enough for tall kicks.

The horns are painted wrong with too little bone color.

There are fine details that are lacking like shapes on the horns, especially the temple horns.

There are seams and burr marks that

The eyes are tampoed slightly into the lower eyelid line.

The saber blades are 25% too short.

The footpeg holes are 4mm which is a size nobody uses for stands.

The ankle joints are unattractive.

The nicest thing I can say is the head and torso joints can be very expressive.

"Fair at best" is my take.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    My local Walmarts have put up their plan-o-grams and none of them included the 6 inch figures. They also have yet to put out any new stock, to include the Mission Series, Legacy, Black Series, etc.
    Same here. My Walmart finally put out their new planograms and not a bit of shelf space is being set aside for 6" or 3.75" Black Series lines. Looks like Walmart is investing completely in Saga Legends, Mission Series, Angry Birds and that's it.

It's not really a huge deal since I only want the Sandtrooper from the 6" line and Vizam from the 3.75" line, plus I'll be spending most of my energy collecting the new 5-POA figures; but it's just weird that Walmart would basically opt out of a such a major segment of the Star Wars toy line.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Amazon has the Sandtroopers in stock. And I'm pretty sure they'll arrive in a mailing box.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Amazon has the Sandtroopers in stock. And I'm pretty sure they'll arrive in a mailing box.
    Oh, you got jokes!

I swear, I just told my wife a few hours ago about how this is the most drama I've seen over SW collecting in a long lone time, and that was before I read T's post.