Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    I missed the Sandtrooper again on Amazon, but that's ok, I was busy yesterday with more fulfilling things anyway.

So I'm sitting here with this Darth Maul still on my desk, trying to decide if I'm asking for a refund due to this knee situation or what, and it dawns on me that I haven't actually put it in a 2-handed saber pose. A few minutes later, THIS FIGURE ANNOYS ME TO NO END. The arm articulation is limited too far, the shoulders can't pull in tight enough, the elbows can't bend up far enough, the hands have opposing hinges which means one move with one requires altering the other to compensate because it can't just bend that same way. So 2-handed poses usually end up with the saber hilt bent, and the arms can't get to some of the tight angles required.

That on top of the hips being too loose laterally, and the ratchets in the ankle joints being in the wrong places and leaving too much play, means this figure can't actually DO much the way Darth Maul is supposed to!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    That on top of the hips being too loose laterally, and the ratchets in the ankle joints being in the wrong places and leaving too much play, means this figure can't actually DO much the way Darth Maul is supposed to!
    What? Suck and Die?
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    What? Suck and Die?
    I was thinking before that, kick and swing a saber.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

TRU had 3 R2-D2's and 3 Luke's today. Somebody actually bought 3 Darth Mauls over the Luke? Really?

On a side note, they had the X-Wing exclusive in for about 30 seconds...aaaaaand, it's gone.

They have about 4 AT-AT Walkers in stock.
    May the force be with you.

Saw the 6-inch Maul and sandtrooper for the first time today in the stores. Liked the detail on both. Couldn't see if the stock on the sandtrooper's blaster folded out.

Quote Originally Posted by OC47151 View Post
    Saw the 6-inch Maul and sandtrooper for the first time today in the stores. Liked the detail on both. Couldn't see if the stock on the sandtrooper's blaster folded out.
    It doesn't, but the wave 3 stormtrooper's blaster does fold out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    It doesn't, but the wave 3 stormtrooper's blaster does fold out.
    Many thanks! I thought it would be hard to top the 'lost wave' 3 3/4-inch sandtrooper.

Ordered a Sandtrooper off of Amazon on Wednesday and it arrived in the mail this afternoon.... in a bubble envelope... No big deal, the figure's box wasn't damaged at all and I don't care about the box anyway. It only cost me $24.11 for the figure with shipping included, which is only a couple of dollars more than that this toy would cost in a store with Illinois state sales tax factored in. And that's not even considering the gas that I'd use up driving the 40 miles to the nearest Target or TRU looking for the figure. So, I think I got an excellent deal.

The figure itself is AMAZING! It looks soooo much better than those Sideshow 12" figures or the Kotobukiya and Marmit Sandtroopers that all cost at least 5-times as much.

It has some of the same paint flaws that I've seen in many examples online, but when you blow up those photos to fill a 27" computer screen then they seem like a much bigger deal than they do when you are actually holding the toy in your hands.

This is easily one of the most rewarding Star Wars purchases I've made in a long, long time. I think I'll wait until I find some in a store before I buy any other figures from this wave. I'd consider buying another Sandtrooper and maybe Luke X-Wing, but that's probably it until the Stormtrooper from wave 3 comes out. Well, I might buy Han Solo from wave 2, depending on how he looks in person.

I saw them all today for the first time. Truth be told, I found them a bit boring, and thought the paint looked pretty soft.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Has anyone opened them and sniffed them, actually?

I almost forgot and ignored the potential olfactory experience with these things.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.