Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I have a civil question. If a 6" $20 figure is for collectors why does Luke not have a holster for his blaster or just not include the blaster?
    That's because Luke doesn't have a holster on his ANH X-Wing Pilot outfit. You're probably thinking of his Snowspeeder Pilot outfit from ESB.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I have a civil question.

If a 6" $20 figure is for collectors why does Luke not have a holster for his blaster or just not include the blaster?
    Because Luke never had a holster for a blaster when in his X-Wing Gear. Simple as that.

Same reason the Sandtrooper doesn't have a holster, but the upcoming Stormtrooper does.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Because Luke never had a holster for a blaster when in his X-Wing Gear. Simple as that.
    Do you mean in ANH? Here's a shot of Luke on Dagobah with his blaster holstered.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DagobahHolster[1].jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	27957  
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Do you mean in ANH? Here's a shot of Luke on Dagobah with his blaster holstered.
    That's Luke in his Snowspeeder Gear though. Since he wore that uniform in ESB, not the X-Wing one.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Yeah. My point about a $20 figure is that it is for collectors - to be authentic.

Don't include the blaster or lightsaber for ANH Luke.

It's an authentic collector figure, right?

How about extra hands (gloves on, gloves off? or damaged ROTJ hand?)

2 helmets: visor up, visor down?

Don't know. Don't collect these. Don't really care.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    What defects do you mean Slick? What's wrong with these 2 that I just picked up on Tuesday?
    Thank you Senor Tricks. :-P

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I take both the price and the fact that these are produced by Hasbro into consideration.
    So you take Hasbro into consideration and accept sub-par production? Would you buy a particular vehicle because you liked them but they produced sub-par vehicles?

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    That's Luke in his Snowspeeder Gear though. Since he wore that uniform in ESB, not the X-Wing one.
    Honest question. Is the Black Series figure specifically from ANH? Is there a possibility it could be from ESB too? Once again I'm just seriously asking.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    So you take Hasbro into consideration and accept sub-par production? Would you buy a particular vehicle because you liked them but they produced sub-par vehicles?
    It's not like there are other companies out there who produce 6" or 3.75" Star Wars figures, since Hasbro is the only company who has that license. So, using the cars analogy doesn't really work at all.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I did and didn't like it in the case of the Sith Infiltrator.

The ship did not do anything in the movie, so I figured it didn't warrant a vehicle the size of the Royal Starship or maybe slightly smaller than that (the real Sith Infiltrator had to be smaller than the Royal Starship).

But it ended up being too small and didn't work as a "star fighter."

I thought we could check the Sith Infiltrator off our list if they did it that way.

Now, Slave-One, the Clone Fighter Tank, and the (next) Jedi Starfighter were remolded and made REALLY sub-par (though for the kids' market). I'm buying none of that. I forget which underscaled vehicles were due next but don't care either.

I am hoping that at least as an exclusive we get full-sized fighter class vehicles with such new additions as the Gungan Bongo Submarine.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Honest question. Is the Black Series figure specifically from ANH? Is there a possibility it could be from ESB too? Once again I'm just seriously asking.
    No, the outfits are different. The pilots wear puffier jumpsuits and lighter-colored boots and gloves on Hoth, and since Luke goes from Hoth to Dagobah to Bespin, he only wears the snowspeeder pilot gear in the film. He wears the X-wing gear in ROTJ, but the figure wouldn't work for that due to the pre-car-accident appearance.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Not to sound too nitpicky, but if you're going for scene accuracy down to the fact that Luke doesn't have a holster in ANH, shouldn't you leave out the saber and blaster entirely? He doesn't carry either of those at all in ANH when wearing his flight gear, so both accessories are technically inaccurate.

Call me crazy or whatever, but if I were paying $20 for a higher-end collectible figure who comes with a blaster, I'd want the holster. I can assume that anytime Luke's wearing his flight gear and has a blaster, he'd carry a holster rather than having it slide around loose in the cockpit and risk blowing his head off.
    Tommy, close your eyes.