Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast
    The lightsaber and blaster pistol are iconic weapons though. And are included to offer display options.

And as Hasbro has said before, people complain if you don't include those basic accessories.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Yeah, I'm of the opinion that Hasbro should NEVER release a Luke Skywalker figure without a lightsaber, regardless of whether it is screen accurate or not. I even have a heart-wrenching story explaining exactly why, but I'm sure I've already told it several times.

Either way, the lightsaber would have been in Luke's possession during the Battle of Yavin, so there is no reason to not include it. Especially since we'll likely never get a 6" scale X-Wing to display Luke in, so they gotta offer something more than just his helmet as an accessory.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Just saying, couldn't they have it both ways with a removable holster? If G.I. Joe can pull it off at half the size and price, why not The Black Series? At that size, it should be easier and more cost-effective.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Just saying, couldn't they have it both ways with a removable holster? If G.I. Joe can pull it off at half the size and price, why not The Black Series? At that size, it should be easier and more cost-effective.
    But he never had a holster on the actual ANH X-Wing costume. Just like the Sandtrooper doesn't have one either.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    But he never had a holster on the actual ANH X-Wing costume. Just like the Sandtrooper doesn't have one either.
    And he never carried a lightsaber or pistol in the ANH W-Wing costume either yet you're fine with them being there. You can't pick and choose which things you think belong and don't belong.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    And he never carried a lightsaber or pistol in the ANH W-Wing costume either yet you're fine with them being there. You can't pick and choose which things you think belong and don't belong.
    Well, the blaster and lightsaber are not permanently attached to the figure, but a holster would be. So it's really two different things.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Well, the blaster and lightsaber are not permanently attached to the figure, but a holster would be. So it's really two different things.
    But with the larger scale, couldn't the holster be un-clippable? Like a breath mask on an ESB character, or a soft goods jacket, or a bandolier strap?

Unless, this is just a marketing campaign to get us to buy an ANH flight suit Luke (no blaster or lightsaber), an ESB flight suit Luke (with holster, lightsaber, etc.) and a ROJ flight suit Luke (with holster, new lightsaber hilt, black glove, etc.).
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

That's what I'm getting at. I know you probably think I'm a broken record, but if a company can produce a good-looking detachable holster for a $10 3.75" G.I. Joe figure, that same company should be able to do a convincing holster on a $20 6" Star Wars figure designed to be a collectible rather than a toy.

That way, you want film accuracy, take the holster off and display him without any accessories. But if you really think about it, he'd carry a holster if he's carrying a blaster; otherwise, if he hits some turbulence or something, the blaster might bounce around the cockpit and blow his head off.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Unless Luke goes all gangsta and just tucks in into his waistband.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

I'm sure there is a safety setting on those blasters.

Seriously, though, I think you guys are really reaching to find something to complain about here.

I actually returned the Luke X-Wing that I bought because I decided that I'm not going to collect the main characters for this line. I'm primarily going to focus on Imperial troopers and a few bounty hunters. If we ever get any of Jabba's henchmen in this line, then I'll get those too. So right now I just have two Sandtroopers and I'm holding out to see how the production version of the Stormtrooper turns out. Honestly, if they botch the Stormtrooper, then my enthusiasm for this line is going to take a major hit. Judging from the prototype, the Stormtrooper looks pretty crappy. I'm just hoping that they can somehow save it in production.

If Hasbro can't save the Stormtrooper, I'll still hold out some hope for the upcoming Biker Scout. If they somehow screw up the Biker Scout, then I'm bailing on this line... at least until we get an announcement for Bossk and the TIE Fighter Pilot.

True story: When I returned the 6" Luke X-Wing figure to Target, the lady behind the register said, "It doesn't look anything like him, is that why you're returning it?" I actually think the likeness is pretty good myself; but I still found that kinda funny.