Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Confirmed to be Boba Fett (ESB) with Han Solo: Carbonite Block. $44.99 at SDCC.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...igure/2131621/
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Wow, we're all... whelmed. I think we can safely say we saw this coming. I'm not blown away by the images so far though, the sculpt and paint look like the existing 4" figure, which isn't worth $20, so hopefully this is just a case of prototype blues.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I was kind of expecting to see a more detailed and weathered paint job. Plus, Boba's helmet looks a little squished on top. But I have no interest in the SDCC exclusive, so I'll just wait and see what the retail version looks like.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I was kind of expecting to see a more detailed and weathered paint job. Plus, Boba's helmet looks a little squished on top. But I have no interest in the SDCC exclusive, so I'll just wait and see what the retail version looks like.
    I totally agree about the paint job, or rather the lack of a paint job, there's no weathering at all and it really takes away here.

Boba's helmet is more squished in ESB compared to ROTJ, it's one of the reasons Sideshow's figure gets a knock, they used the ROTJ helmet design.

It looks like his rangefinder isn't movable, if that's the case I'm going to be quite disappointed.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Retitled the thread.

Hi-res photos have gotten out there:
    http://yakfaceforums.com/main/2013/0...te-han-images/

I'm underwhelmed to the Nth degree. These are supposed to be collector-premium quality, yet look at the sculpting on the shoulder armor, there's never been an uglier, thicker design for this on the 3.75" scale - going all the way back to the 1979 figure! It has added joints in the wrists and ankles, but uses ugly cut joints in the biceps and thighs (look at that right bicep joint in action); look at the hinge pins in the knees too, what the hell? And the sculpting doesn't look sharper than any 3.75" figure. The production version better look a hell of a lot better than this, I'd say it looks like an upscaled 3.75" figure if I didn't know better.

The carbonite block fares better, sculpting may not be a sharp as I'd like but it's good. Not feeling the phoned in paint on the control panel though. There's a seam on the side, looks like the control panels are inserts and the slab is built in halves.

This doesn't scream "$50 exclusive!!!" to you, JT?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    This doesn't scream "$50 exclusive!!!" to you, JT?
    Not even if this was 1995. What about you?

You didn't notice I was using the sarcastic font?

To be honest, I'm not sure that it screams "$20 figure that'll probably at least once go on sale for $15, if not on clearance for lower."
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I don't need this.

I especially don't need another Boba Fett figure.

I don't even have a pass into Comic Con as of yet, and may not even get one.

That being said, this is how you make Han Solo Carbonite

1. Han figure in white shirt, brown pants
    2. extra right and left arms, bent up with hands in frozen position
    3. carbonite block bottom - fits figure in it. Snaps to additional parts.
    4. clear carbonite top like 1985 POTF figure, goes over figure and lets you see it in carbonite block
    5. clear carbonite top like 1985 POTF figure, goes over figure and has holes around hands and face, with red "heat / melting" effects
    6. opaque carbonite top like 1996 figure, seals action figure inside, looks as it did when hanging on Jabba's wall
    7. opaque carbonite top like 2006 figure, seals figure inside, but has red heat melting effect
    8. Skiff guard force pike
    9. Skiff guard blaster
    10. Jabba's dungeon handcuff shackles
    11. Cloud City arm band shackles
    12. extra head with Han's face grimacing in anguish from being frozen
    13. sandstorm goggles from deleted scene

If you want to get crazy:

14. softgoods Bespin jacket
    15. removeable gun belt with working holster
    16. Han's signature blaster pistol
    17. oxygen mask
    18. welding mask
    19. hydropanner
    20. Mynock

This is the ultimate Bespin / Carbonite ESB / ROTJ Han Solo figure. I would buy this for the 3 3/4" line.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Tycho... that's kinda unrealistic for a $20.00 figure.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.