Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    You didn't notice I was using the sarcastic font?

To be honest, I'm not sure that it screams "$20 figure that'll probably at least once go on sale for $15, if not on clearance for lower."
    There are some things that no sarcasm can fully convey.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Beast It might be only realistic because Hasbro's trained us to believe so. Without knowing the cost I cannot intelligently comment on this except to say that I buy the product as I described. I'd initially want to pay about $20 for such figure.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Sad Beastie! They put some of the Boba Fett w/ Han Carbonite on Hasbro Toy Shop this afternoon.

Missed out on getting one due to some annoying issues. Hopefully more come back in stock.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I just saw they put it up, sold out. Grrrr.......

Have I ever mentioned how much I HATE, LOATH, DESPISE, DETEST these exclusives which tell collector #$%^ you if your not rich. Yeah, like that. Now I remember what I used to hate about collecting and why I've been out of it for so long.
    May the force be with you.

After getting shafted with no exclusive for celebration last year (an event I actually could, and did, attend) I've got to say that I hate the way Hasbro handles these things. At least there's Lego Star Wars. They started getting most of my discretionary dollars last year and from what was shown at comic con (or rather not shown by Hasbro) they will continue to do so.

I still can't believe they're kicking off an all new line targeted at collectors with a figure most collectors won't be able to get. There are enough of us out there who think that "if I can't get them all I'm not getting any," that I believe this will really bite them in the rear end.

It is disappointing that not everyone can get the Exclusive. But....

You do know that Boba Fett will be re-released in Wave 2 in December, right?

And that they basically said at Comic Con that the Carbonite Block will probably be available down the line as well.

I'm guessing with Leia: Boushh whenever they decide to make her. We'll see what happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    It is disappointing that not everyone can get the Exclusive. But....

You do know that Boba Fett will be re-released in Wave 2 in December, right?
    Yes, I know they plan to release the ESB Boba Fett in wave 2. Which is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    And that they basically said at Comic Con that the Carbonite Block will probably be available down the line as well.
    No, I was not aware they said that, I haven't even read the Q&A.

If that is the case, then I would be VERY happy with that. I couldn't care less about convention exclusive packaging, but missing out on the Han in carbonite "figure" would be disappointing.

It does fit with Hasbro's MO though, they love to re-issue figures in multiple package designs days, weeks, months or even years apart.
    May the force be with you.

Rebelscum's Comic Con guy overheard the Star Wars brand manager tell someone else that the Carbonite Block will likely be re-released at some point so that people can get it. So it'll likely only be the packaging that is exclusive. I have a feeling it would probably be with eventual Leia: Boushh.

So, anybody who has one, what are your thoughts?

I got to see one up close in person during the con, and my thoughts are pretty much unchanged:
    - execution is lacking thanks to low- to mid-quality sculpting,
    - finish issues like poorly-finished runner mold-marks and seams,
    - joints are unattractive,
    - the shoulders are too low,
    - paint on Han carbonite was swirly and cheap-looking up close,
    - paint job on Boba is simple and lacks depth,
    - accessories look like upscaled 3.75" line pieces,
    - the whole affair just looks too much like a lower-quality 3.75" set.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I am pleased with my BS Fett.

The sculpting is much, much better than Hasbro's Marvel 6" figures. Having bought 4 of the 6 Iron Man 3 ones, I feared some of the QC problems on those might make their way to SW BS. Swirly plastic all over the figure especially on the Bleeding Edge Iron Man as well as brittle plastic.

At least based on Fett, that doesn't seem to be the case. My Carbo Han has a bit of swirliness but only on the back.