Hybrid View

Even MORE new movies confirmed!

Bob Iger just confirmed the rumors: there will be more films outside Episodes VII-IX, based on individual characters. Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg are currently working on them.

This would be a great way for them to revisit popular characters who likely won't be appearing in VII-IX - Vader, Jabba, Yoda, Boba Fett, Darth Maul, etc. Awesome!

They should adapt the Darth Sidious origins novel.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I think film versions of various EU books would be great:
    - Thrawn trilogy
    - X-Wing series
    - Young or Junior Jedi Knights
    - Han Solo trilogies (Crispin or Daley)
    - Lando adventures
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Some of the EU stories might work best as animation so they don't have to recast the main actors. A Rogue Squadron cartoon with cool space battles would be great.

For the main actors that they wouldn't necessarily have to recast, they could definitely make standalone Qui-Gon and Mace movies with newly minted action star Liam Neeson and eternal badass Samuel L. Jackson and have them take place before their characters die since the actors don't look that much older. I would also LOVE to see spaghetti western-style bounty hunter movies about Jango, Boba, or any of the others. Or a mafia-style movie about the Hutts. I wonder if Ray Park could still play a younger Darth Maul - they could hide some of the aging under the makeup (his post-bisection storyline is being covered quite well in TCW, but they could go there if they so chose).

I would kill for a movie with Qui-Gon and Mace. I won't lie.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

They need to make a movie about the time Chukha-Trok saved the galaxy on his lunch break and still had time to help McDonalds invent the Big Mac.