Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Amazon messed up a bit with the Unicron exclusive, but did pretty well with last year's Joe exclusives (though, probably due to the unexpected delay of Retaliation, wound up clearancing their Retaliation 4-packs).
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by indyjones1981 View Post
    No news on the Toy R US Endor AT-AT suprised on that. With it being Jedi 30th anniversary make sense to release it this year since it was delayed from October 2012. Any update anyone?
    Again, from JTA:

Question: When are they going to release the ROTJ AT-AT (TVC) in the USA?
    ANSWER: At the moment, the TVC Endor AT-AT is scheduled for a Spring 2013 release date.
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Could be, could very well be. It could also be that it's SUCH a background item that had that one single sneak peek picture not have been released, no fan would have ever actually asked for the piece and Hasbro could have lived their lives without ever thinking of that again. I mean, talk about an attack of the nobodies.
    Any previously unmade figures we get at this stage are going to be very minor background characters, and I would personally prefer an alien, with an all new top to toe sculpt, than some guy in a grey jumpsuit, that we've already had before, but with a slightly different head. I appreciate we all have different collecting sensiblities, and I realise some people are overjoyed that they'll be able to army build the scanning crew (and great for them, if that's what they like), but my preference is for more aliens! And it's not just because we got a flukey glimpse of the Utai that I want him so much.... when I first saw ROTS, they really stood out to me, and I instantly wanted figures of them, I really thought they'd be a given. Ok, we did get one, but I wanted the other one more! I just liked the short, stocky one better, and I prefer him without the molded-on headgear.
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

I don't understand this thing of selling off your 3.75" figures because your collection is done. Don't you want to enjoy what you feel is a complete collection?

Ugh, now I can't unsee that thing about the top eye on 6" R2.
    It's just to get rid of stuff that I have in my collection that I'm no longer as interested in. I do that every once in a while to make room and to insure my collection stays a manigable size, and to give me some spending money for other things.

And about R2, yup. I think it's got to be some kind of manufacture process reason. They've done that so many times that it's got to be that. Aside for that one issue I have no problem with the figure and still plan to buy it (probably for that soon to be empty shelf!)

Wow, the Tamashi Nations 12" C-3PO looks better than it did last time, like the matte finish of the body was toned down a little. If this piece were a hundred bucks less, I'd be really gnashing my teeth trying to decide on whether or not I could afford it, at $400 it's sadly too far out of my pricerange, but man does it look nice.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Amazon messed up a bit with the Unicron exclusive, but did pretty well with last year's Joe exclusives (though, probably due to the unexpected delay of Retaliation, wound up clearancing their Retaliation 4-packs).
    That wasn't 2012 though, that was 2010 bumped to 2011 and their very first exclusive. They learned a lot from that first experience, judging by how well they've done since.

Quote Originally Posted by sebillba View Post
    Any previously unmade figures we get at this stage are going to be very minor background characters, and I would personally prefer an alien, with an all new top to toe sculpt, than some guy in a grey jumpsuit, that we've already had before, but with a slightly different head. I appreciate we all have different collecting sensiblities, and I realise some people are overjoyed that they'll be able to army build the scanning crew (and great for them, if that's what they like), but my preference is for more aliens! And it's not just because we got a flukey glimpse of the Utai that I want him so much.... when I first saw ROTS, they really stood out to me, and I instantly wanted figures of them, I really thought they'd be a given. Ok, we did get one, but I wanted the other one more! I just liked the short, stocky one better, and I prefer him without the molded-on headgear.
    I guess. We still don't have a modern ANH Han or Leia worth a crap though, seems like that'd be nice to get done right before worrying that the one Utai we have isn't enough. Again, if Hasbro hadn't accidentally let a single moment in time show that they had sculpted and painted a prototype on the 2nd Utai, nobody would be clamoring for its production since, as you said, it's not like we have NO Utai figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroleptic View Post
    It's just to get rid of stuff that I have in my collection that I'm no longer as interested in. I do that every once in a while to make room and to insure my collection stays a manigable size, and to give me some spending money for other things.

And about R2, yup. I think it's got to be some kind of manufacture process reason. They've done that so many times that it's got to be that. Aside for that one issue I have no problem with the figure and still plan to buy it (probably for that soon to be empty shelf!)
    Oh, I thought you meant your WHOLE collection.

I suspect the eye isn't even a manufacturing ease (if the dome were otherwise smooth, it would make it easier to free from the mold, but the dome design has other stuff and even other eyes going on). It's maybe worth asking at Comic-Con.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Oh, I thought you meant your WHOLE collection.

I suspect the eye isn't even a manufacturing ease (if the dome were otherwise smooth, it would make it easier to free from the mold, but the dome design has other stuff and even other eyes going on). It's maybe worth asking at Comic-Con.
    It would take a lot for me to sell off my imperial army, my astromechs, my rebel ships and pilots, my jawas and their droids, and the few jaba's palace figures I have. But the two shelves I'm going to probably empty out are, honestly ones that seem to change every few years. Clone wars era vehicles and troopers, and misc. rebel personel and vehicles.

...And I'm thinking maybe only the clone wars era stuff I'm for sure going to get rid of. Not sure about that second shelf . . . I kinda like my A-wing and snow speeder.

If you or someone with the site could ask them about the eye on the top back of astromech heads almost always being done wrong by hasbro, I'd love to hear the answer!