Article: George Lucas Files To Sell Off His 2 Percent Stake In Disney For Nearly $2 B

"SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Wow. I wonder if this will get donated to charity as well?
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Kind of weird that he donated most of the $4 billion and is not cashing in nearly $2 billion in stock. If he donates that as well, then I'm going to start to wonder if he has some kind of terminal disease or something like that.

I meant to say "is NOW cashing in nearly $2 billion in stock." For some reason the edit function is not working for me.

I doubt he has some sort of terminal disease. Especially as he's going to be getting married soon.

I just think he's looking to do some good with the profits from his Star Wars empire.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    I doubt he has some sort of terminal disease. Especially as he's going to be getting married soon.

I just think he's looking to do some good with the profits from his Star Wars empire.
    Well, of course she's going to marry him. How else is she going to get all his money when he kicks the bucket?

Anyways, I guess it's all a moot point now. Thanks for the update, Maerj2000.

She's not exactly poor. She's pretty wealthy herself. And he already gave away most of his money.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    She's not exactly poor. She's pretty wealthy herself. And he already gave away most of his money.
    I'm know, I'm just poking fun.

Isn't there a tax reimbursement on charitable donations? He'll still get his money or at least most of it.