Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fear of Flying!

Fear of Flying!

Is it possible that fear of flying can lead to the dark side? If so someone needs to help Obi-Wan with his phobia. Does the Star Wars universe have psychiatrists?

Good point. You would think that a Jedi like Obi-Wan would be used to space battles. Oh well, it just goes to show that GL sucks at writing and doing his research.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

Originally posted by SithDroid
    Good point. You would think that a Jedi like Obi-Wan would be used to space battles. Oh well, it just goes to show that GL sucks at writing and doing his research.
    Why would Obi-Wan be used to Space Battles? The Jedi are peace keepers, not warriors. Mace said somthing similar to that in the trailers. And it was also stated in the trailer, somthing similar to this being the first possible war since the republic was formed.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Well I was just kidding. I'm sure that something so small like a fear of flying wouldn't lead someone to the dark side. If that were true then you could just jump in front of a jedi and go boo and BAM! instant Sith Lord!! I think it's more of losing control of you fears that would lead someone to the dark side.

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    And it was also stated in the trailer, somthing similar to this being the first possible war since the republic was formed.
    That was Sio Bibble, if I'm not mistaken

About Obi-Wan's hate of flying, one thought I have is that maybe it's because of Anakin's hotrodding that he has developed an aversion to it.

He seems pretty calm on the Queen's ship in TPM, but maybe Anakin gave him a few close calls, and Jango is reminding him of those encounters during the asteroid chase. :happy:

Perhaps EVERY time he flies, he ends up being in some kind of high speed chase and gets shot at and that is why he "hates flying".
    ubi mel ibi apes

Obi-Wan seems to have absolutely no aversion to flying in ANH, seems to me like a big change in the character for a convenient gag.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

JT,
    that thought crossed my mind too . . . my guess is that after Episode III I'll probably have to make some assumptions as to what happened to Obi-Wan later in life.

But it seems like "later in life" means "after sitting in a desert for decades", so yeah, one would think his dislike of flying would only be that much greater after being grounded for so long

Originally posted by JediTricks
    Obi-Wan seems to have absolutely no aversion to flying in ANH, seems to me like a big change in the character for a convenient gag.
    Well, I'm guessing that young Obi Wan in AOTC wasn't fond of getting skewered by a lightsaber either JediTricks, but he didn't seem to mind THAT in ANH

Times change
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

OB1 didn't say he was afraid of flying. He said he hated flying. He used the word hate as a metaphor(sp?) for 'dislike' or 'not care for'.