Thread: the Americans

Hybrid View

the Americans

Who's watching this new series on FX? It is excellent!

Its written by Joe Weisberg and I am Josh Weiselberg.
    It's also strangely similar to an idea I have for the mother of my main character in the novel I'm working on now.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

The pilot episode was waaaaaaaaaaay too slow. Too plodding. Ep #2 was great. Too bad the series couldn't have kicked off with that one. I will probably stick with it.

I also found it interesting that, in the pilot, barely any chemistry (minus the backseat car sex scene) between the two lead characters. I found them to be very standoffish toward each other. In Ep. 2, it was better. Maybe that part was rewritten or tweaked after the pilot was filmed.

The wife have just slept with another man for information. The couple was forcibly paired together though since they have 2 kids they might have developed feelings. I don't think they're passionately in love however. They might fall in and out of love depending upon their mission though.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

It could be debated whether they're technically married, at least under US guidelines. Probably have a forged marriage license. But at least they could act a little more interested in each other.

Haven't watched last night's ep yet.

future scripts could call them to have extramarital affairs