Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Article: Film buzz: Harrison Ford 'done deal' for 'Star Wars VII'

"SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

As long as he's not in an action role, then I think it will be fine. He can be the crotchety old starship pilot, but his rescuing princesses days are long gone.

I disagree. An aged Han Solo and an old Jedi named Skywalker saving the galaxy is what the movie should be about.

Now I'm getting bad flashbacks of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Ugh....

The movie that is The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is awful and it is not because Harrison Ford is old.

The only reason that Han Solo is such a strong character is because he represents the rogue male archetype so well. Basically, he exemplifies masculine traits that many men aspire to and he represents a man that many women are attracted to. That archetype is best represented by a male actor who is in his late 20s or early 30s at the oldest. Harrison Ford is now 70, so he physically cannot fulfill what that role requires anymore.

Of course, Crystal Skull was a horrible movie for many reasons that had nothing to do with Harrison Ford, but his age didn't help at all. Having a septagenarian Han Solo running around pretending that he is an action movie star is just going to destroy the credibility and dignity of his character.

You guys, and the writer of the article have it all wrong.

Harrison Ford will be the next actor to play JarJar:

"Meso nowa belieb in bombad religions and wizard weapons. Alza neeto is a good boom-ba by de zide! Und YOWZA!!!"

This will be said in a deep masculine voice that make men wish they were Harrison (with giant floppy ears) that make all the the ladies swoon.

Sorry to post a spoiler. My bad.

Which would be worse:
    - they pull a Young Indiana Jones and the Mystery of the Blues where he's not really in the story at all, just framing it;
    - they pull an Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull where he's in the story but they give him a horribly-written part and direct him like he's a lump of crap and then use the worse possible takes?

Oh, how about they just DON'T MESS THIS UP?!? Oh, right... Hollywood.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Which would be worse:
    - they pull a Young Indiana Jones and the Mystery of the Blues where he's not really in the story at all, just framing it;
    - they pull an Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull where he's in the story but they give him a horribly-written part and direct him like he's a lump of crap and then use the worse possible takes?
    - they pull a J.J. Abrams Star Trek and have Han Solo Prime travel back in time to meet his younger self altering the time line and then they have the spin-off movie with young Han Solo from that.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

....or....he's killed in the beginning of the movie by the new "bad guy" and Luke and the Solo children have to avenge this new "Rise of the Sith" for three movies....and Ford collects a fat check for a day on the set....