Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I actually thought Abrams did a good job of incorporating the elderly Leonard Nimoy in the 2009 Star Trek reboot. So, hopefully he will have the same amount of restraint for Harrison Ford and allow Han Solo to keep his dignity intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malakite View Post
    - they pull a J.J. Abrams Star Trek and have Han Solo Prime travel back in time to meet his younger self altering the time line and then they have the spin-off movie with young Han Solo from that.
    At least with SW we're safe from something that dumb just because time travel is not in that universe.

Quote Originally Posted by jedibear View Post
    ....or....he's killed in the beginning of the movie by the new "bad guy" and Luke and the Solo children have to avenge this new "Rise of the Sith" for three movies....and Ford collects a fat check for a day on the set....
    Oh boy would that bug the crap out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I actually thought Abrams did a good job of incorporating the elderly Leonard Nimoy in the 2009 Star Trek reboot. So, hopefully he will have the same amount of restraint for Harrison Ford and allow Han Solo to keep his dignity intact.
    Nimoy and Spock didn't keep their dignity intact, why should Ford / Solo? The writing really undermined Nimoy's appearance in New Coke Trek, he did alright with the material for a retired elderly actor, but the material let him down I think.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I still haven't watched that because of the knowledge that Spock bangs Uhura. To me, that's like changing the Bible so that Jesus is a stripper.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I still haven't watched that because the knowledge that Spock bangs Uhura. To me, that's like changing the Bible so that Jesus is a stripper.
    Yeah, and it's pretty much just as classy as it sounds, too.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I still haven't watched that because of the knowledge that Spock bangs Uhura. To me, that's like changing the Bible so that Jesus is a stripper.
    Well, they didn't actually have sex, they just made out in a turbolift. Of course, it was obviously meant to suggest a sexual relationship. I did think there were one too many jokes about Uhura's "talented mouth" in the film, however. Those portions of the script felt like they were written by a horny college freshman.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    At least with SW we're safe from something that dumb just because time travel is not in that universe.
    Not yet anyway.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Well, they didn't actually have sex, they just made out in a turbolift. Of course, it was obviously meant to suggest a sexual relationship. I did think there were one too many jokes about Uhura's "talented mouth" in the film, however. Those portions of the script felt like they were written by a horny college freshman.
    They suggested the hell out of that sexual relationship to the point of excess. And the "talented tongue" stuff was just more fuel to the fire that they made a movie which has no interest in women as people. Look at Uhura's outfit, how is it that this movie is made decades after the original show and yet is less modest than those micro-skirt outfits? At least TOS had full-length sleeves, actual shorts, and darkly-tinted tights for the women in those uniforms; the new movie's babydoll sleeves confirmed that women had no real place on the ship, they were now just Hooters waitresses.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malakite View Post
    Not yet anyway.
    I hope that never comes to pass.

I dunno. I'd like to see time travel just so Han Solo can kick Cade Skywalker's arse.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I hope all the expanded universe stuff is ignored in the making of the sequel trilogy.

I dunno. I'd like to see time travel just so Han Solo can kick Cade Skywalker's arse.
    Instead of time-travel, just use "frozen in carbonite again" and pull a Buck Rogers.