San Diego Comic Con 2013 Disaster

So I was on the landing page and clicking away right before 9am.

At 9:02 I got a system error message.

It is 9:15 now.

At 9:10 I started getting a message that there are likely no badges left available and they're sold to capacity.

Yeah, right.

I wonder if there's a conspiracy to make Comic Con a professional trade show only and therefore not allowing every-day cretans in?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

No, it's just awful mismanagement.

One thing that's bugged me the last few years, even more than the shrinking presence of comics (which anyone who knows me knows that I consider a freaking disaster) is the change in attitude. It used to be all about marketing to fans. Now, there are so many people, a lot of the exhibitors have taken more of a "you're lucky to be here, now do as we say!" approach. It looks like this is spilling over more and more into the registration process.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'd actually call this excellent mismanagement.

I'll have find some of the Mile High Comics e-newsletters of its owner/founder's laments about SD *****-Con seemingly trying to remove Comic from the event.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

The problem is that 200,000 people all want tickets now and they want them at the exact same time. The current Comic-Con non-profit board simply isn't equipped to think about how to deal with addressing the needs of so many people, they're stuck in the mindset of 10 years ago when it was 1/5th the size. I meant to send them an email about using a company that is backed by the Amazon servers to handle that much traffic, but it slipped my mind and now here they are, 2 years in a row making a mess of things as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    No, it's just awful mismanagement.

One thing that's bugged me the last few years, even more than the shrinking presence of comics (which anyone who knows me knows that I consider a freaking disaster) is the change in attitude. It used to be all about marketing to fans. Now, there are so many people, a lot of the exhibitors have taken more of a "you're lucky to be here, now do as we say!" approach. It looks like this is spilling over more and more into the registration process.
    Perhaps you'd like Wondercon better, I think this is the last year it'll be in Anaheim. Hopefully it won't rain like it did last year though.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.