Hybrid View

Article: Entire Living Room Hoth Diorama with Amazing Fireball Explosions

Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Been waiting to publish this for a few days, it really is quite stunning and I am so envious, yet proud to know there's collectors out there capable and still willing to do this sort of thing. I have to hope those $20 ultra-clearance AT-ATs back in the day helped. The fireballs are the most impressive part, just cotton fluff painted and stuck onto a chickenwire frame set over a CFL light bulb - they look so good, and I find it twice as exciting to know HOW they were made, that something so simple could be so very effective.

AND HE'S MARRIED, NO LESS!!! Next time your wife or girlfriend gives you crap about putting a Boba Fett figure on the mantle...

Those explosions are amazing! I'm going to have to try to make one of those. Maybe I can make a 10-foot mushroom cloud for my front lawn on Halloween.

It looks great and I'm impressed. I want to put my dioramas almost all over my home in every room and I've actually been criticized by friends I have on this site! However I don't want to put too much in any given room and I want my rooms to be functional for my living space. I also don't want to get to dedicate all my potential Star Wars display spacethe to any 1 given scene from the movies, but if Hoth is his thing he did a great job and more power to him
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.