Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    The only way I see these working for collectors would be to put them on vintage style blister cards to really play up the retro style of these figures. Even if they did that, unless it's something brand new, I'm not buying any. I started buying the new figures because they were an improvement over what I had as a kid. The R2-D2 released in '95 or '96, while awful by todays standards, was so much better than the one I got in 1978 that it sucked me right into collecting. Better sculpts (monkey face leia excepted) and eventually better articulation kept me hooked. There is absolutely no incentive for me to go backwards with collecting.

After seeing Hasbro's hi-res shots, I'm a lot less enthused about these figures. I won't pass final judgement until I actually see them in stores, though, because Hasbro's product photographers are some of the worst I've ever seen. It's like they don't understand the most basic concepts of making their products look appealing to consumers. So, hopefully, it's just the typical ineptitude of Hasbro's product photographers and the actual figures will look better.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    After seeing Hasbro's hi-res shots, I'm a lot less enthused about these figures. I won't pass final judgement until I actually see them in stores, though, because Hasbro's product photographers are some of the worst I've ever seen. It's like they don't understand the most basic concepts of making their products look appealing to consumers. So, hopefully, it's just the typical ineptitude of Hasbro's product photographers and the actual figures will look better.
    Well the latest set of hi-res shots look a lot better than those previous ones. I'm still in wait and see mode, though. I'll buy the Shocktrooper and my impressions of that figure will probably determine whether I continue to collect this line.

Well, I finally got ahold of the new Shocktrooper today and I have to say that I'm pretty impressed with the figure. I was a bit worried that they would look like the super cheap Batman and Iron Man figures made in the same style, but quality-wise, they seem to be equal to, maybe even better than, most super-articulated figures. In fact, I think this figure looks significantly better than the recent TVC Shocktrooper that we got last year.

I'm really excited about the figures coming up next in this line and this might become my default toy line for the foreseeable future. The 6" line looks great, but the price might make them too difficult to justify buying in large numbers. As much as I want to collect most of the 6" figures, the realities of paying $20 per figure might make that financially irresponsible. As for the "premium" 3.75" SA figures, I haven't seen much from that line that piques my interest at all. I'll get Vizam for sure, and whatever other Skiff Guard they make, but there is really very little shown or rumored that gets me excited about collecting again. Now if they announce a new Skiff, that might be a different story.

Glad to hear it worked out well with your first one.

I keep seeing the Jango and Vader in the Mission Series and I keep being tempted, the sculpts look quite nice and the decos seem pretty decent for the price.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post

I keep seeing the Jango and Vader in the Mission Series and I keep being tempted, the sculpts look quite nice and the decos seem pretty decent for the price.
    I saw the Jango pack in store the other day and definitly found myself tempted. I've yet to find my ideal Jango figure, and the evolutions one + repacks always seemed to skew far to purple for my tastes. I liked the deco on this one, but I'm not sure if i can get myself to bite the bullet on these low articulation pieces.
    ~Umbra: Light is only a shadow cast by the darkness of the stars

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post

Yeah, I'm pretty excited for this line. I've gone through a major purge in my Star Wars collection and I'm down to about 7 action figures from the modern Star Wars line and only one vintage Kenner action figure. So if I buy all the Saga Legends/Mission Series figures that I want just from wave 1, then that new collection will be twice the size of my existing Star Wars collection before the end of August.

The other interesting thing I found out is that the price has a huge impact on what characters I'm interested in. At $5-$6 per figure, I'm going to be open to purchasing a lot of characters (even Prequel and EU characters) that I would never consider buying at $10 or more per figure.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty excited for this line. I've gone through a major purge in my Star Wars collection and I'm down to about 7 action figures from the modern Star Wars line and only one vintage Kenner action figure. So if I buy all the Saga Legends/Mission Series figures that I want just from wave 1, then that new collection will be twice the size of my existing Star Wars collection before the end of August.

The other interesting thing I found out is that the price has a huge impact on what characters I'm interested in. At $5-$6 per figure, I'm going to be open to purchasing a lot of characters (even Prequel and EU characters) that I would never consider buying at $10 or more per figure.
    That's really wild! I can't see doing that with my collection and then coming back for something like this, but they do look good.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I've seen the entire wave of both the single and doubles and I just can't get into them at all. Just not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    I've seen the entire wave of both the single and doubles and I just can't get into them at all. Just not for me.
    What turns you off about them? I can understand the obvious articulation angle, but I'm wondering if there's more.