Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

2012 Wave 1 - The Phantom Menace

The figures have been revealed for a while now, but Sandtroopers has carded images of all 12. I'm still not a fan of the logo, but the cards look nice otherwise.

It almost looks like Qui-Gon has a flared blade. The non-light-up Movie Heroes and Discover the Force versions don't have flares, so it could just be the photo, but it's possible.

I have no idea what the phallic accessory is that Darth Sidious has; it doesn't look like his lightsaber.

The Naboo Royal Guard shouldn't have the Character Debut sticker, though the last one was the specific bearded soldier, so maybe they're counting the shaven one as a different character?

It's interesting that they chose the TPM image of Quinlan Vos for the card art, basically confirming that the background extra was indeed him. I hadn't actually seen that close of an image of him before, or maybe I'm forgetting it.

Looks like Maul comes with a complete unlit saber, and two lit halves. As with Qui-Gon, it looks like the blades are flared. I'm glad they're not just reissuing the Evolution Maul here.

By and large, the figures look great. I'll be getting Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and Maul to keep carded. Maybe Ben Quadinaros too, if the mood hits me.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Crikey, that "Character DEbut!!!!11!!!!" sticker is just plain old ugly.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Now I see why we get the cheapo version of the Battledroid in the Movie Heroes line. That's gonna be expensive to army build this one.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    Now I see why we get the cheapo version of the Battledroid in the Movie Heroes line. That's gonna be expensive to army build this one.
    I would wager that the new BD will be in the movie heroes line within 2 years. It's just a matter of being able to wait that long....
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Crikey, that "Character DEbut!!!!11!!!!" sticker is just plain old ugly.
    And I don't think the Naboo Royal Guard is a "character debut." See the hard-to-find final wave of E1 figures.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Sandtroopers now have the loose photos up... looks like Sideous' prop is in fact his saber hilt, Qui-gon does not have a flared saber while Maul does. There also seem to be some soft goods nightmares as Sideous' robe seems to be out of control while Maul's is so frayed it looks like he's wearing fringe. On a side note, the Padme and Jar Jar in the movie heroes line look like winners (both are SA as far as I can tell) and probably should be in this wave but just got bumped.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Thankfully, Bantha Skull got confirmation that Jar Jar is still coming on a Vintage card later in 2012. Maybe the fanboy furor over it is what will cause the apocalypse. I'm so glad he wasn't just bumped into Movie Heroes after all; that's definitely one I want carded.

And yeah, the Character Debut sticker isn't the greatest thing ever, but at least they're differentiating that at this point, since I know a lot of people have issues keeping track at this point.

Thanks for the news about the Vintage Jar Jar. Hopefully he won't be impossible to find. As I want two.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I hope they just don't repack the Movie Heroes one for the Vintage Line.

Someone in the Yakface forums got the new TVC Darth Maul and posted several pictures of it. The horns are really fat, and the communicator is sculpted to his wrist instead of a separate piece, but other than that it looks pretty stellar. No flared blade, but I'll gladly take the ball-jointed hips over that, honestly.