Tamashi Nations 1:6 C-3PO

Rebelscum did a video review of the figure:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPps-zvUdW8

The review is pretty thorough, the reviewer speaks with a deliberately slow cadence - it is the sort of thing that drives me crazy, but I understand why she's doing it.

I don't like this packaging at all, the box graphics don't look premium, and having the figure sit under a standard plastic cover in a styrofoam tray is absolutely unacceptable - this is a high-end item, it should be in premium velvet-lined cardboard or high quality plastic, not cheap and breakable styrofoam.

I didn't realize this was intended to be specifically ANH C-3PO, the metal is too matte for that look I think.

Rebelscum claims the figure is in perfect scale to the Sideshow and Hot Toys lines, yet they show 3PO standing taller than Sideshow's Boba Fett, there's also a Hot Toys Luke Bespin which is about the same height as 3PO, and they show Sideshow's ANH Obi-Wan and Captain Antilles with 3PO and both are taller, then they show 3PO next to Sideshow's Tusken Raider and the Tusken is the same height as 3PO as well -- I guess the new prometheus and armored bodies are significantly underscaled compared to the original buck body and the body Hot Toys is using. So Sideshow is at fault for the scale issues and Tamashi Nations got it right for the older Sideshow body and the Hot Toys body, that's so frustrating, I hadn't realized it was so bad.

I'd like to hear how strong the arm pistons feel, if they'll hold up over time under a clumsy-handed collector.

I'm curious why none of the review images show the arms closer to the body, perhaps the figure can't get them as close as they were in the movie, or perhaps the reviewer simply doesn't prefer that pose.

The commlink is unpainted silver plastic, what an odd thing for Tamashi Nations to mess up after so much other goodness.

The removable limbs is an excellent addition to this figure, I'm surprised they didn't highlight this on the convention circuit.

Overall, I'm still not seeing $400 I can part with, but I'm glad it's not $250-$300 or I'd be trying to make it work.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I noticed that the lady in that video was reading the text from a card or a prompter, but I don't understand why they didn't have her read through it all at least once before hitting the record button. She talked like someone who had never ever heard the name "C-3PO" until she read it off the prompter.

Anyways, it looks like a nice enough figure, but it's just too far out of my price range to even consider. Also, I've been burned too many times on these "premium" 12" figures that aren't really all that accurate to the onscreen character they are supposed to represent. I spent $180 on that 12" Real Action Heroes TIE Fighter Pilot a few years back and I wasn't happy with the figure at all. Same with the Sideshow Gamorrean Guard that I spent $120 on, that was nowhere near as cool as the $10 Hasbro TVC figure.

Maybe it's just because I spend so much less on Hasbro's toys that I'm less critical of them when Hasbro goofs something up.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I noticed that the lady in that video was reading the text from a card or a prompter, but I don't understand why they didn't have her read through it all at least once before hitting the record button. She talked like someone who had never ever heard the name "C-3PO" until she read it off the prompter.

Anyways, it looks like a nice enough figure, but it's just too far out of my price range to even consider. Also, I've been burned too many times on these "premium" 12" figures that aren't really all that accurate to the onscreen character they are supposed to represent. I spent $180 on that 12" Real Action Heroes TIE Fighter Pilot a few years back and I wasn't happy with the figure at all. Same with the Sideshow Gamorrean Guard that I spent $120 on, that was nowhere near as cool as the $10 Hasbro TVC figure.

Maybe it's just because I spend so much less on Hasbro's toys that I'm less critical of them when Hasbro goofs something up.
    I didn't want to comment on her performance too much, but yeah, her reading was stiff and awkward. I suspect she wrote the review and was speaking slowly to make sure it was easy to follow though. But a practice runthrough would have been nice.

I tried to warn you guys on the Gamorrean Guard, that was an obvious pass. And Medicom was premium only when there was nothing on the market to compare it to, and even then it really didn't seem like they were trying all that hard. This on the other hand at least looks like they put in the effort to get the measurements of everything accurate and replicated at 1:6th. Still won't get me to think about parting with enough money that I could also use it for a running car though.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.