Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Joel Aron posted a link to a gallery of shots he's taking of the Lucasfilm Animation team around the time of their exit, which happened on Friday. There are many, and they are haunting, and they are sad - particularly those of Dave Filoni. Aron describes it thusly:

Over the last few days of the week, I setup a single light in my office and turned two black design boards around for a backdrop. My plan was to capture everyone I could in the building from every team. Nearly all of them were in their final hours of working for Lucasfilm. I wanted to remember all of them, and give them all something that has us all in the same place forever.
    How thoroughly depressing.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Wow, that is a serious bummer there. And Filoni's eyes have sadness in them.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I just stopped looking after several pics. And brought to you by... the happiest place on earth?
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

LucasArts has been Bambi's-mom-ized.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    At least that's something, please keep us updated on anything that comes from that appearance.
    According to a recent Facebook post, Dave will appear on tomorrow's RebelForce Radio (barring another cancellation, but it should be fine now). I don't know if I'll be able to listen tomorrow or Saturday but I'll post any and all relevant details when I do.

IGN reports that the RebelForce Radio interview states that Dave is staying with Lucasfilm Animation, thankfully. He said:

"At this point, I am involved in some early production discussions and exploration of what we’ll be doing with Star Wars animation in the future, which is really exciting for me and I have some friendly faces around me, of course, that are helping me on the project. So it’s a transition time, as I’ve said before, and I think it will lead to an exciting time and hopefully I’ll see things grow again."
    I hope this means some of the Clone Wars team is with him as well - Joel Aron, Kilian Plunkett, maybe writers like Christian Taylor or Charles Murray. I mean, sheesh, it'd be nice to know that they didn't fire EVERYONE at the company.

That's good to hear, albeit confusing. Disney really needs to issue a clear press release on this matter, is Lucas Animation closing or not? Is Star Wars tv going to Disney TV animation studio or not? My guess is that Disney is hiring Filoni into Disney TV animation, and are closing the Lucas Animation studio and its cutting its Korean arm adrift.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

And that is why there are Koreans trying to attack the United States.

Meanwhile I would love animation with the classic characters.

They should do post return of the jedi to plug the original characters before the sequel trilogy
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

The interview was quite well done, and Dave seems optimistic about the future. I have to toot my own horn here, because there was only time for one listener question, and they picked one of mine and mentioned my name! It's around the 1 hour, 12 minute mark if you want to hear it. I asked, if you knew going into it that it would only last five seasons, would you have done anything differently? Dave said no, he always planned on making it until they told him to stop, and he hopes to be able to have a part in telling the remaining stories somehow at some point. He made the point that it would have been hard to have a better ending than the series did, and that they were indeed sort of thinking that these episodes were going to be able to also function as a series finale. He noted that he would rather have people wanting more than wishing it had ended sooner, which is fair.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    That's good to hear, albeit confusing. Disney really needs to issue a clear press release on this matter, is Lucas Animation closing or not? Is Star Wars tv going to Disney TV animation studio or not? My guess is that Disney is hiring Filoni into Disney TV animation, and are closing the Lucas Animation studio and its cutting its Korean arm adrift.
    They didn't really touch on how Disney's animation team figures into this, but the way Dave describes it was like any other TV show coming to an end - when it's done, the crew is disbanded. The gist that I got was that Lucasfilm Animation is still an entity, just currently a significantly smaller one (as it was when The Clone Wars was just in the planning stages) that he hopes will grow as the new project goes forward. But there were no specifics on any of this other than to say that he will remain and so will some of the other people at the company, particularly since George put them in place originally and trained them for the last eight years to be able to tell Star Wars stories. He mentioned Joel Aron and Kilian Plunkett by name, but didn't say anything about their future there, though I would assume that they're safe given their call-outs.

He didn't give particulars on when and how the bonus content would be released, or how much or what it would contain, though the Clovis arc will be released (it was originally bumped when things were moved around this season - it would have resulted in too many episodes, from what he said in another interview). The team is "making sure these stories count" and making sure they're well-produced, and while the episodes don't wrap up everything in a bow, they will answer a few big questions satisfyingly, according to him. Order 66 and how the clones' autonomy plays into that will be addressed, as seen in the preview clip (he also confirmed that the two new Jedi there were based on unused Sith witch concept art). He said the information on the bonus content will be released at the right time, when it will have maximum effectiveness. Maybe this means a convention appearance or something? It was unclear, so I hope he does it at Celebration Europe.

They also discussed the last two arcs of the season. One of the most interesting parts was how he addressed the Satine/Bo-Katan relationship, saying he developed a backstory for them that became one of his favorites. He didn't go into too many particulars, but likened it to Game of Thrones. Basically, Bo-Katan didn't agree with Satine's pacifism, but as Satine rose to power she didn't want it to be public knowledge that she had a sister who had joined Death Watch as that would look bad for her politically, so Bo-Katan wasn't in Satine's life for a time, which is why Obi-Wan didn't know of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    He didn't go into too many particulars, but likened it to Game of Thrones.
    So the Jedi were all constantly having sex with their sisters and b***hing about winter?
    Tommy, close your eyes.