Hybrid View

Article: Disney Survey Asks About Star Wars-Themed Land in California

Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The 2 most likely choices for this would be either gutting half of Tomorrowland which has been really lagging in interest aside from Space Mountain and Star Tours, and utilizing that (the Innoventions attraction is giant waste of space that draws few visitors anymore); or carving out the Hollywood Backlot section which is low on attractions and could use an extension. There are also a few small spots on both Disney California Adventure and Disneyland which could be transformed from backstage space to a land, but neither are prime locations - the ranch next to Toontown and some industrial space behind Cars Land. Then again, there's Magic Way next to DCA which is just a low-usage public road right now, that could work too.

I haven't been to Disneyland since 2009 so I don't know how much has changed (especially with Cars Land), but I think that putting this in California Adventure would definitely drive more traffic there. Then again, it might be confusing if they tried to separate it from Star Tours - you're right that Innoventions is just a space-waster at this point. But if they put too much Star Wars stuff in Tomorrowland, they'd have to change the name to Alongtimeagoland.

Either way, this is pretty exciting and I hope they move forward with it.

My dream of flying in a snow speeder around an ATAT as a rollercoaster is coming to fruition.