D23 Expo unveils Disney Store exclusive figures, con-exclusive R2 & 3PO

I posted this in the news in advance of the upcoming Disney D23 Expo:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/2015/0...d23-expo-2015/

While there are no images yet of the Elite Series Die Cast "highly articulated" figures - I haven't a clue what to actually expect with them - the press release says that the versions of R2 and 3PO are exclusive to the con set, so that'll be a gas to pick up.

There's also the Legion Helmets vinyl art helmets, the 3D-printed Stormtroopers with your head, and more.

And if you need more ways to spend your time on Star Wars at D23 Expo, there's the Star Wars Battle Pod and more:
    http://www.sirstevesguide.com/2015/0...r-wars-events/
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

Kylo Ren - came from Space Brooklyn, although he moved to Space Williamsburg before it was trendy.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I came rather close to buying one of the Disney Elite First Order Stortroopers about a week ago but looking through 5 of them and seeing that all had horrible paint smears on the belts killed my interest. That along with comments I've read on other sites regarding the Elite figures - lack of poseability, top heaviness not to mention I recall how subpar those old SW titanium figures were makes me want to stick with Black Series 6". Imagine that, after years of lambasting Hasbro for QC issues, now that we have alternatives for a few Hasbro SW lines, it turns out they aren't that bad after all...

I received Disney Elite Poe Dameron and Rey + BB8 + lightsaber as presents.

My fears for this line are well founded though it's not so much the screws in the backs of the figure that's the biggest culprit.

Poe looks many times better than the Black Series 6" though still not an accurate Oscar Isaac head sculpt. They tried something interesting in that the white vest is a separate piece from the rest of the uniform. Traditionally, Hasbro has always sculpted the vest as part of the uniform. I don't have Black Series X-wing Luke to compare with but just like with the 6" Bossk, this Elite Poe's articulation is hampered by the straps and tubes on the uniform. Overall, it's not a bad figure but I must deduct HUGE points for how Disney's toy designers handled the helmet. It is indeed plastic and not diecast but instead of having clear plastic for the visor, they chose just to paint it yellow. That in itself is just a minor offense but once you try to place the helmet over Poe's head, you'll find that the visor sits along his forehead and doesn't even reach down to cover his eyes. This I just could not believe...

Now for Rey, I would strongly recommend against purchasing unless you plan to just keep it in box. Head sculpt is not as good as Hasbro 6", especially the wave 3 version. Just like with Poe's white vest, they tried something similar here - the brown parts of Rey's tunic are a separate layer of plastic that goes over the body. The upper arms on the figure I got are very problematic in that there are paint scratches around the shoulders and unsightly lines from improper fusing (upper arms consist of a front part and a back part held together by screws).

It gets even worse...her knee joint is especially unsightly because rather than going with a curved joint, for whatever reason, it's a rectangular one. As for her accessories, the lightsaber seems way too long, kind of reminds me of the POTF2 long saber variations. the backpack, while it looks nice, I'm not able to put on her at all because it relies on circular tabs but one tab won't stay secure in its slot and the other is wedged so tightly, I can't pull it out for fear of breaking it off.

Sadly, BB-8 isn't that great either as it's proportions seem really off to me - body seems way too massive.

Sorry to hear they were all duds, thanks for the warnings. I have to say, this line has been a total bust so far, based on others' reviews.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

Kylo Ren - came from Space Brooklyn, although he moved to Space Williamsburg before it was trendy.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.