Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    A few more notes about the experience, there are clearly parts they had more and less of at the time and all-new parts so they warrant discussion.

At Disneyland, the singles are $12 or $13, and the doubles are $19.95.

I didn't even know of the existence of the R9 heads until I got home, that makes the R9 droid factory figure an exclusive figure overall, very frustrating that I didn't know to look for that part.

The domes have been modified to accept the hats, and upon building my R7 droid the first one I had the dome's central core broke off of the dome, leaving it stuck in the droid body. This is obviously less than ideal, and I worry all the domes are eventually going to fail in a similar manner.

The R8 domes are also I guess exclusive to the store, I got one of those.

The legs are pretty rubbery, mine splayed in package immediately.

Using some research and some eyeball time, this is the list I came up with of parts, it's the checklist from my smartphone for my personal list of haves and haven'ts (so I can pick up my pieces over time, the "v" marks are how my phone outputs the checklist):

1. [ ] Pirate hat
    2. [ ] Yoda hat
    3. [V] Indy hat
    4. [ ] Goofy hat
    5. [ ] Red mickey hat
    6. [V] Blue mickey hat
    7. [ ] Dark blue mickey hat
    8. [ ] Orange mickey hat
    9. [ ] Black mickey hat
    10. [ ] Green mickey hat

1. [ ] Blue r9 dome
    2. [ ] Green r9 dome
    3. [ ] Red r9 dome

1. [V] Blue r8 dome
    2. [ ] White w black r8 dome
    3. [ ] White w orange r8 dome

1. [V] Silver r7 dome
    2. [ ] Black r7 dome
    3. [ ] Orange r7 dome

1. [ ] Black r6 dome
    2. [ ] White w purple r6 dome
    3. [ ] White w orange r6 dome

1. [ ] Black r5 dome
    2. [ ] White w red r5 dome
    3. [ ] White w green r5 dome

1. [ ] Green w white hex r4 dome
    2. [ ] White w purple hex r4 dome
    3. [ ] White w blue hex r4 dome

1. [ ] Orange clear r3 dome
    2. [ ] Purple clear r3 dome

1. [ ] Red r2 dome
    2. [ ] Silver w green r2 dome
    3. [ ] Silver w orange r2 dome
    4. [ ] Silver w red r2 dome
    5. [ ] Silver w blue r2 dome

1. [ ] Black mid leg
    2. [V] Green mid leg
    3. [ ] Dark blue mid leg
    4. [V] Blue mid leg
    5. [ ] White mid leg
    6. [ ] Red mid leg

1. [ ] Red leg pairs
    2. [V] Blue leg pairs
    3. [ ] Dark blue leg pairs
    4. [ ] Black leg pairs
    5. [ ] White w red leg pairs
    6. [ ] White w purple leg pairs
    7. [ ] White w black leg pairs
    8. [ ] White w blue leg pairs
    9. [ ] White w orange leg pairs
    10. [ ] White w green leg pairs
    11. [V] Green leg pairs

1. [V] Blue w white r7 body
    2. [ ] White w black r7 body
    3. [ ] White w orange r7 body

1. [V] Green r2 body
    2. [ ] Dark blue r2 body
    3. [ ] Black r2 body
    4. [ ] Blue r2 body
    5. [ ] Red r2 body
    6. [ ] White w purple r2 body
    7. [ ] White w blue r2 body
    8. [ ] White w green r2 body
    9. [ ] White w Black r2 body
    10. [ ] White w orange r2 body
    11. [ ] White w red r2 body

Here's the pair I made, note that I put an R2 body on the R7 head, that was because there are no green R7 bodies and I wanted it to be a color that worked with the Indy hat best.

Name:  1365875509849.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  93.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Hey, what do you know! It's at Disneyland now after all! Guess who's going to be asking for some favors?
    Ok, I'm going back again in 2 weeks, so consider what you intend to be interested in, and the sooner the better because I won't be able to front you the funds if it's a lot.

My annual pass discount was $4 off the $20, after tax that came to $17.24 for a 2-pack.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thanks for that checklist JT! I guess I'll be getting R9 heads.

I wonder if they've changed the plastic they're using. I got a total of 4 at D-world last August. 2 of them my sons have been playing with non-stop. Taking them apart, putting them back together, smooshing them in ways only a 5 and 2 year old can do and nothing has broken or warped at all. I really wish they'd just sell these as multipacks online as well.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Thanks for that checklist JT! I guess I'll be getting R9 heads.
    Yeah, makes it difficult not to, right? I'm going back in a week or so, but I may have to make a separate trip up there just for droiding.

Quote Originally Posted by mtriv73 View Post
    I wonder if they've changed the plastic they're using. I got a total of 4 at D-world last August. 2 of them my sons have been playing with non-stop. Taking them apart, putting them back together, smooshing them in ways only a 5 and 2 year old can do and nothing has broken or warped at all. I really wish they'd just sell these as multipacks online as well.
    I think the dome that broke might have just been poorly glued, hopefully they keep holding up and your kids keep having fun with them.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Picked up an R9 blue head, put it on a blue R2 body with white & blue legs and a Yoda cap. Paired him with an R4 white with purple dome & legs on a white & orange R2 body and a Goofy hat. The Goofy hat fits the R4 awesomely, the ears dangle where they fit snugly on the R9.

My checklist is growing stronger, and I saw no evidence of "blue vs dark blue" parts, so it's possible the list I found was incorrect about those.

The R9 head is nice, a different look but not as alien as the R8 head. The R9 has a lot of the same elements as the R2 head, but with the "teeth" in a cutaway low on the dome. The R9 is a bit shorter than a normal astromech dome as well.

There's actually no "dark blue" pieces, but there are pieces that are more predominantly blue than white. Here's a scan of the poster, which is accurate, though some of the colors vary slightly from reality due to the quality of the scan.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	droidfactoryposter-667x900.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	27350

I'm also going to finally PM you my list in a second.

Revised list (mine are the checks)

[ ] Pirate hat
    [V] Yoda hat
    [V] Indy hat
    [V] Goofy hat
    [V] Blue mickey hat
    [ ] Red-orangey mickey hat
    [ ] Black mickey hat
    [ ] Green mickey hat

[V] Blue r9 dome
    [ ] Green r9 dome
    [ ] Red r9 dome

[V] Blue r8 dome
    [ ] White w black r8 dome
    [ ] White w orange r8 dome

[V] Silver r7 dome
    [ ] Black r7 dome
    [ ] Orange r7 dome

[ ] Black r6 dome
    [V] White w purple r6 dome
    [ ] White w orange r6 dome

[ ] Black r5 dome
    [ ] White w red r5 dome
    [ ] White w green r5 dome

[ ] Green w white hex r4 dome
    [V] White w purple hex r4 dome
    [ ] White w blue hex r4 dome

[ ] Orange clear r3 dome
    [ ] Purple clear r3 dome

[ ] Red r2 dome
    [ ] Silver w green r2 dome
    [ ] Silver w orange r2 dome
    [ ] Silver w red r2 dome
    [ ] Silver w blue r2 dome

[ ] Black mid leg
    [V] Green mid leg
    [V] Blue mid leg
    [V] White mid leg
    [ ] Red mid leg

[V] Green leg
    [ ] Red leg
    [V] Blue leg
    [ ] Black leg
    [ ] White w red-orangey leg
    [V] White w purple leg
    [ ] White w black leg
    [V] White w blue leg
    [ ] White w orange leg
    [ ] White w green leg

[V] Blue w white r7 body
    [ ] White w black r7 body
    [ ] White w red-orangey r7 body

[V] Green r2 body
    [ ] Black r2 body
    [V] Blue r2 body
    [ ] Red r2 body
    [ ] White w purple r2 body
    [ ] White w blue r2 body
    [ ] White w green r2 body
    [ ] White w Black r2 body
    [ ] White w orange r2 body
    [V] White w red-orangey r2 body

There's actually no "dark blue" pieces, but there are pieces that are more predominantly blue than white. Here's a scan of the poster, which is accurate, though some of the colors vary slightly from reality due to the quality of the scan.

Name:	droidfactoryposter-667x900.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	27350

I'm also going to finally PM you my list in a second.
    Excellent, I didn't know there was a catalog like that, I was going based on the findings of others and my own sightings with my original list.

I'm a little concerned that the terminology I have been using for "red" and "orange" is really not working, I thought I had a white with orange body because it's slightly more orange than Hasbro's R5-D4 figure, and I thought the red mickey hat was orange, but clearly the orange on the sheet is lighter and closer to yellow than this, making the ones I have red. Kind of annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    I'm a little concerned that the terminology I have been using for "red" and "orange" is really not working, I thought I had a white with orange body because it's slightly more orange than Hasbro's R5-D4 figure, and I thought the red mickey hat was orange, but clearly the orange on the sheet is lighter and closer to yellow than this, making the ones I have red. Kind of annoying.
    On my original list, I referred to them as "yellow" and "red." Both are a little on the orange side - and the poster makes the red parts look full-on orange, which isn't how they look in person - but I think this terminology is enough to separate them. Your list complicates the issue a little bit by using the "orange" label interchangeably. If you wanted to get technical, you could say "yellow-orange" or "red-orange," but yellow and red work for me.

Here's a photo that I believe was posted on Rebelscum early on to show the parts, and its colors are more true-to-life than the ones in the poster scan.

Name:	Disney Droid Factory parts.jpg 
Views:	387 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	27352

Thankfully the various colors have been in only one hue each so far - meaning every blue part matches the others, every yellow part matches the others, etc. - but if/when they introduce more parts, it might get more complicated. For example, early photos (including the photo on the back of the card insert) show light-blue parts that don't exist.

This is the list I used when I went last year, which was correct. Instead of "white and green," I'd just say "green," and when white wasn't the main color, I'd say "all green."

R2 domes
    *all red
    *green
    *blue
    *red
    *yellow

R3 domes

*red
    *purple

R4 domes
    *all green
    *blue
    *purple

R5 domes
    *red
    *green
    *all black

R6 domes
    *yellow
    *purple
    *all black

R7 domes
    *yellow
    *silver and blue
    *black

R8 domes
    *black
    *yellow
    *all blue

R9 domes
    *all red
    *all green
    *all blue

R2/R3/R4/R5/R6/R9 bodies
    *red
    *yellow
    *purple
    *green
    *blue
    *black
    *all blue
    *all red
    *all green
    *all black

R7/R8 bodies
    *blue
    *black
    *yellow

Left legs
    *blue
    *green
    *red
    *black
    *purple
    *yellow
    *all green
    *all red
    *all black
    *all blue

Right legs

*blue
    *green
    *red
    *black
    *purple
    *yellow
    *all green
    *all red
    *all black
    *all blue

*Middle legs
    *white
    *green
    *red
    *black
    *blue

Hats
    *black Mickey
    *red Mickey
    *green Mickey
    *blue Mickey
    *Yoda
    *Indiana Jones
    *Goofy
    *pirate

On my original list, I referred to them as "yellow" and "red." Both are a little on the orange side - and the poster makes the red parts look full-on orange, which isn't how they look in person - but I think this terminology is enough to separate them. Your list complicates the issue a little bit by using the "orange" label interchangeably. If you wanted to get technical, you could say "yellow-orange" or "red-orange," but yellow and red work for me.

Here's a photo that I believe was posted on Rebelscum early on to show the parts, and its colors are more true-to-life than the ones in the poster scan.

Name:	Disney Droid Factory parts.jpg 
Views:	387 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	27352

Thankfully the various colors have been in only one hue each so far - meaning every blue part matches the others, every yellow part matches the others, etc. - but if/when they introduce more parts, it might get more complicated. For example, early photos (including the photo on the back of the card insert) show light-blue parts that don't exist.
    Yeah, I guess that makes sense with the naming. Seeing in person, I definitely thought red was orange and orange was a DIFFERENT orange, which was a problem. The pic there, the red mickey hat definitely looks more orangey to me in person than in that shot whereas the red body and legs don't.

This is the list I used when I went last year, which was correct. Instead of "white and green," I'd just say "green," and when white wasn't the main color, I'd say "all green."

R2 domes
    *all red
    *green
    *blue
    *red
    *yellow
    I definitely don't like that, it's confusing, especially if they add more colors. When I look at them, I want to know the key feature first - base color - and if necessary the accent color second.

This is an extremely helpful thread. I will consult it prior to visiting the park in June for Grad-Nite. I hope the promotion lasts until then.