Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I talked to the girl at the kiosk in Disneyland the other day for a while, she says that there are barrels upon barrels of parts in the back, it seemed to her like it wasn't going anywhere. She also showed me that the tops of the kiosk displays open up to put parts back in, which made mining for my parts way easier.

I will be all over this kiosk on June 14 when I chaperone Grad Nite (which is really more Grad-Day, since it begins at 9AM). I'm excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    I will be all over this kiosk on June 14 when I chaperone Grad Nite (which is really more Grad-Day, since it begins at 9AM). I'm excited.
    Killer! If I can, I'll try to jump down there and get you the annual pass 20% discount.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Killer! If I can, I'll try to jump down there and get you the annual pass 20% discount.
    You are a gentleman, good sir. I'll be there until 3AM that night and then a school bus ride back to LA. I hope to be in bed by 5AM, but that might be too generous.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    You are a gentleman, good sir. I'll be there until 3AM that night and then a school bus ride back to LA. I hope to be in bed by 5AM, but that might be too generous.
    JEEEEEEZ that sounds awful being there all night with them kids until 3am. What time are they expecting to get you guys there, really at 9am? I've noticed on prior visits that some classes do an organizing staging early in the day and regroup every few hours, while others just run willy-nilly all day until the park closes and they kick out us regular folk.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

We are in the "willy-nilly" camp. The kids are asked to be at school at 7:30AM to board the buses. I'll be there between 7:00-7:30, so my day is pretty long that day. Grad Nite days used to be longer for me. For years, I'd finish the Thursday of work at around 6:00PM, so home to shower and change and come back to work for the kids to start mustering for the overnight trip to Disney. We'd get back to school at around 7AM and I'd work the whole day on no sleep, since going to Grad Nite (unpaid, I might add) was not an excuse to miss work. That Friday would usually be graduation, so after work, I'd go to the ceremony until late in the evening. I'm typically the designated driver for the post-graduation teacher dinner/drinking session afterwards, so I'd go quite a while without meaningful sleep.

Ugh, how did they expect you guys to cope with that??? 7:30am to 5am the next day seems brutal, at least you're not trying to do some crazy organizing thing.

My schedule is going to be tight, there's a chance I won't be able to make it, the day before is my dad's birthday, the day after is my cousin's wedding (which is, I kid you not, 2 miles up the street from Disneyland), and Sunday is Father's Day, so I'll try to make time to get down there but I can't be sure until we get closer to the date. It'd be cool to hang and do a few rides though.

No worries, JT. Your offer is very generous, but Disneyland is not exactly around the corner from you. I would feel selfish making you drive all that way.

Well, I didn't get an annual pass so I could NOT go.

Picked up some more droids, got 8 now, which means I have all the hats. Malibu Stacy? Yes.

Anway, I noticed an odd thing about the white with purple R2 bodies, the long thin doors running down the sides have a thin painted outline but only on the top half (both sides, evenly), That's obviously not supposed to be that way, the catalog shows the outline painted all the way as it should be, but I've seen other collectors' figures that have the same defect, so I'm wondering if that's a line-wide thing, I bet it is.