With TCW gone, Hasbro should do a "best of the best" exclusive pack

The Clone Wars is gone, sadly. Hasbro has put the brakes on the expression as well. But what if they did a "best of the best" or "best figures hardest to get" exclusive multipack? What should go in it?

For me, it starts with Seripas, a great-looking figure that simply wasn't findable. Honestly, had the expression continued they could have done a set of just bounty hunters with like Bossk, Boba v2, Aurra Sing, Seripas, Embo, Cad Bane v2, IG-86, Hondo, Cato Parasiti, and the Nikto Guard (I know he's not a bounty hunter, but he looks enough like one). But it didn't, so we have to ask ourselves, if there's just 1 more pass at this, what figures should be in it?

Here's my list of figures I consider top potential for a set like this, excellent figures or ultra-rare figures that looked good:
    Seripas
    Armored Savage Opress with lightsabers (the Target battle pack release was missing his sabers)
    Ventress
    IG-86
    White Magnaguard (w robes, robed head, and non-robed head)
    Firefighter Droid (painted in regular battle droid colors maybe?)
    Thi-Sen
    Droideka? (I like this figure)
    Cad Bane v2 w/ Todo-360
    Hondo Ohnaka
    Embo

I'm on the fence about Darth Sidious, one of the rarest figures in the line but without removable gear he's not really in the show much.

Do we need to include Aayla and Hondo? I think they got easy to find re-releases already, but if not they'd be on my list.

For a clone, I say Cmdr Bly, he's got a lot of good stuff going on and was I think hard to find. Or perhaps Cmdr Jet but with a different big weapon.

So, what do you guys think? What would be in your set?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    So, what do you guys think? What would be in your set?
    All I know is that all the droids should be in a "Heroes" package, and the "Droids" one should have at least one alien character, courtesy of Hasbro's logic.

I'll have to ponder this one, but I'd probably put in a Hondo, Seripas (or Embo), and two others (Oh, really Bel-Cam? To complete a 4-figure set, you'd include 2 more than the 2 others listed? Brilliant! )
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    All I know is that all the droids should be in a "Heroes" package, and the "Droids" one should have at least one alien character, courtesy of Hasbro's logic.

I'll have to ponder this one, but I'd probably put in a Hondo, Seripas (or Embo), and two others (Oh, really Bel-Cam? To complete a 4-figure set, you'd include 2 more than the 2 others listed? Brilliant! )
    Home run! It can be any size pack you want though.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Here are, I'd say, the hardest-to-find figures from the line:

*Gha Nachkt
    *ARC Troopers (from Battle Pack)
    *Commander Bly
    *Darth Sidious
    *Commander TX-20
    *Commander Stone
    *Firefighter Droid
    *Magnaguard (white)
    *Mandalorian Warrior
    *Seripas
    *Ahsoka (Scuba Gear)

I don't know how interesting a pack that would be, though. Luckily I have every Clone Wars figure - Seripas was the only one I had to get from eBay (after stupidly passing on him the one time I found him, thinking he'd stay around), and apart from the 2013 figures, I found everything at retail.

For a less collector-focused, more general-themed couple of sets (to perhaps be released alongside a Season Five DVD release, or the bonus content, or even a Blu-ray set of all five seasons), here are some ideas:

*Anakin Skywalker (2013)
    *Ahsoka Tano (Season Three)
    *Captain Rex (2013)
    *Cad Bane with TODO 360

*Obi-Wan Kenobi (2013)
    *Commander Cody (2012)
    *General Grievous (2010)
    *Battle Droid (2013)

*Darth Maul
    *Savage Opress
    *Pre Vizsla
    *Asajj Ventress

*Yoda
    *Mace Windu
    *Kit Fisto
    *Commander Colt

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Firefighter Droid (painted in regular battle droid colors maybe?)
    The 2013 Battle Droid is very similar to this - my case only arrived yesterday and I haven't been able to compare them, but the articulated arms are similar to the Firefighter Droid's, if not identical. Many of the 2013 figures should probably be released somehow.

You're correct that both Hondo and Aayla got re-releases. Neither were pegwarmers the second time, but they were much easier to find.

"Should" doesn't mean will. I know the teams are mostly made up of fans, but they always seem surprised by things like, "Yeah, you know that figure that you showed at Comic-Con, the one that never got released in this country? Yeah, we all kinda want it."
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Gha Nachkt
    Really? Even though it's about 2/3rds as tall as it should be and already had a wide release in its battle pack? I'm a little surprised by this being the first on your list. What about him do you find a draw?

On the other hand, the original's paint is so bad that it really couldn't hurt to try again.

Commander TX-20
    Yeah, I meant to put this on my list as well.

Seripas was the only one I had to get from eBay (after stupidly passing on him the one time I found him, thinking he'd stay around),
    Ooops! I did that with the ultra-rare final Galoob Action Fleet wave. At the time I could have sold each one for $400 if I had been so inclined.

The 2013 Battle Droid is very similar to this - my case only arrived yesterday and I haven't been able to compare them, but the articulated arms are similar to the Firefighter Droid's, if not identical. Many of the 2013 figures should probably be released somehow.
    I didn't realize. No US release means it doesn't exist to me.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    "Should" doesn't mean will. I know the teams are mostly made up of fans, but they always seem surprised by things like, "Yeah, you know that figure that you showed at Comic-Con, the one that never got released in this country? Yeah, we all kinda want it."
    Of course they likely won't, but it's still fun to discuss anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Really? Even though it's about 2/3rds as tall as it should be and already had a wide release in its battle pack? I'm a little surprised by this being the first on your list. What about him do you find a draw?
    It's not that I think the figure is particularly great - it's just that it was quite rare. This was released alongside the Scramble on Yavin IV set that gained much more notoriety, but I recall them being about equally difficult to find for a lot of people (though I found them both at retail). The secondary market value shot up, and though eBay auctions don't look to be selling, the prices are still high. He's really only first on the list since he was the first figure on the list to be released.

Along the lines of this thread, I've been wanting to start one about realistic Clone Wars figures that I'll put up shortly either here or in The Black Series section.