Hybrid View

San Diego Comic Con 2013 - parking online

SDCC'13 has finally put parking online. Where to look for the CORRECT link, you might ask? Not their website. Not their facebook. Not their twitter. Not the last year's pages on either their site or the permit store website. No, that would be sane. Instead, Comic Con waits 27 minutes after the information went up on the Ace Parking twitter page and then link not to that, but to their own website's page that merely links to it.

Here is the correct page:

www.thepermitstore.com/cc/open-sales/

Anyway, hope you guys get your parking permits if you need them. I was able to get my convention center passes for all 5 days after a grueling 30 minute battle with their server and then more time getting them to spit out of my printer.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Parking is 100% gone. The Convention Center, the Hilton, the Petco Tailgate lot, the Petco Campus lot, the MTS garage, the Parkade, even the little lots over half a mile away that are super expensive and only offer Thursday and Friday... all gone. Last year I didn't get notice until 12 hours after they went up, and I still got the Hilton next to the convention center. This year, just 2 hours later and EVERYTHING is gone. And each day had a $5.95 permit fee on top which is I think triple what it was before; the convention center was $10 a day plus $5.95 per fee, the Hilton went up to $12 a day and the fee, the other lots are now MORE expensive than just buying local parking when you get there with that fee, it's insane.

That's bonkers, San Diego needs to get their facilities in order, they need to offer parking for at least 15,000 cars (they currently offer 5k and half of those are for exhibitors), they need another wing added onto the convention center to offer more tickets, they need to build a walkway over Harbor drive and the railroad tracks. There's a ton of things they need to do, and yet it's 2013 and they've not even kept their promises about keeping private parking and hotel costs down while they look into expanding the convention center by 2015.

It's no surprise anymore why Wondercon Anaheim sold out this year, don't have to worry about dealing with that mess.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.