Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    You all inspired me to reinvest in my local community, specifically a relatively-new comics/toys shop... sorry the Kit is grinless. And none of them will remain MIMP; mainly because the packages aren't mint.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KFCMTCTO.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	27509  
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I always interpreted it as a semi-atmospheric vessel, roughly equivalent to a standard TIE Fighter. Unlike the TIE, which is restricted to vacuum, the shape and engine type of the Cruisemissile would allow to to be equally useful in atmosphere. Nothing states they ever make impact with a target; the little information that exists says they're mainly used to attack Rebel bases (which would usually be on a planet). Since nothing says one way or the other, I figured the opening cockpit was mostly a play feature and the Troopers would only actually open the cockpit at the slowest speeds.
    The Cruisemissile would be a nightmare to take into atmosphere, even if we assume the underside plates seal fully (they don't on the toy), the pilot would be buffeted into jam if he wasn't cooked alive. As for making impact, that's what a cruisemissile does, it's a long-range, high-speed, guided impact weapon.

The only way the ship could operate at slow speeds would be to open its wings, and then the pilot has no information displays, and his chest is exposed to the enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    There should have been a canopy over the pilot's head on the toy however. Or was there?
    No, there's a bulkhead with an air ram on it that closes over him when it's closed, and his helmet is his only protection when it's open. The control surfaces and targeting systems are built into the insides of the wings which face the pilot when closed as a protective shell, which isn't a very good Star Wars concept: virtualized cockpits don't appear in the saga.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.