Hybrid View

ROTJ 30th Anniversary What Figures to be Made or Redone

Hi,
    Not sure if it should go in this area or under the Darth Vader packaging or somewhere else. With Star Wars May the Fourth Be with You on May 4 I watched ROTJ. With this being the month of the 30th anniversary of Return of the Jedi, it got me thinking which figures from ROTJ should be done or redone. Below are my thoughts. Feel free to ad your thoughts as well but only figures from ROTJ since it is the 30th anniversary.

My number one figure from ROTJ that needs to be done or redone is:
    Leia in combat poncho the vintage kenner figure is the best version we have so far. The 1997 one with speederbike is OK at least it has bendable legs to ride the speederbike. Also the 1997/98 Toy R Us coin figure no leg articulation. The 2007 vintage line figure was down right terrible. Had a bad face sculpt, figure seemed over sized and the gun was not to scale and poncho was too dark in color. Overall it was a very disappointing figure. Would be cool to see it in a 6 inch format in the Black Series as well.

Next would be Luke in Endor Battle Poncho
    Vintage Kenner figure best version so far of this figure. The versions in the modern area 1995 to present was the 1997 figure with speederbike and the Millennium Coin figure no articulation. Also the 2006 saga figure. That figure came with a blaster like the original Kenner version but was a different design/type of blaster. Needs a better sculpt looked too bulky and the poncho color was off.
    I am surprised with it being the 30th anniversary of Jedi that they would not redo these two figures since they were last released in 2006 Luke Endor and 2007 Leia Endor. Updates are severely needed.

Some of the Kenner vintage figures are much better than their counterparts of today like vintage Jawa and the vintage Yoda.
    Last edited by indyjones1981; 05-08-2013 at 01:36 AM.

Never Before Made
    *Cane Adiss
    *Sim Aloo (Imperial Dignitary) - One of the few remaining vintage updates.
    *AV-6R7 - An Imperial droid barely visible on the bridge of the Executor.
    *Sgt. Doallyn - Preferably in the skiff battle outfit, since Bane Malar more or less scratches the "guy thrown by Chewbacca" itch for me.
    *Shasa Tiel - Ishi Tib in Jabba's palace.
    *Ewoks - All the vintage updates are now done, so how about some more unique-looking ones like Brethupp or Greemon. I'll also gladly take a few Nippet repaints as accessories.
    *All remaining skiff guards
    *All remaining speaking Rebel pilots
    *All possible astromech droids - especially the bartender on Jabba's sail barge, who has a cool mostly-white dome

Resculpt
    *Emperor Palpatine - We don't have a great, modern ROTJ Palpatine. The TVC TPM Darth Sidious is amazing, and the LC ESB Palpatine would be great if not for the monkey-eyes face (or the cheap soft goods), so reuse the body but fix the soft goods and sculpt a new head.
    *EV-9D9 - A resculpt a la BG-J38 would be sweet.
    *Spirit of Yoda - The only one we have is the blue soap bar from 1998, who doesn't fit with the 2004 Obi-Wan or 2007 Anakin.

Retools
    *Luke Skywalker (Jabba's Palace) - The body of the Blu-ray deleted scene figure with a properly-parted hairstyle (could use the Endor Capture figure's head if the necks were compatible) and a correct cloak.
    *Darth Vader (Redemption) - The 2010 TVC figure with the 2012 TVC Emperor's Wrath version's right arm, which has the proper battle damage for this scene. They should redo ESB/ROTJ Vader like they did for the ANH version, but I'd still at least like to get a great version for the unmasking scene.

Quote Originally Posted by indyjones1981
    Next would be Luke in Endor Battle Poncho
    Vintage Kenner figure best version so far of this figure. The versions in the modern area 1995 to present was the 1997 figure with speederbike and the Millennium Coin figure no articulation. Also the 2006 saga figure. That figure came with a blaster like the original Kenner version but was a different design/type of blaster. Needs a better sculpt looked too bulky and the poncho color was off.
    There was also the version released in the Battle for Endor battle pack, which was basically a 2007 TAC Luke with the 2006 TSC Endor version's gear. Overall it was better than the 2006 version, but might not be quite what you'd like to see.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Mr. JabbaJohnL

Great list. I forgot about the Battle for Endor Pack. That Luke as you said is basically a 2007 TAC figure with existing accessories from the 2006 figure of Luke. Not what I was wanting. I want a resculpt that is better done and has a better poncho color wise and that comes with just his green lightsaber since he never carried a gun in jedi except when he used the force to take one off one of jabbas henchman. The Kenner vintage figure is still the best version. You are right about the Emperor. I forgot to add that one to the list of a vintage figure that is better than any modern counter part from Hasbro in any form. Thanks.

I want the Smiley Face stormtrooper from the Death Star army lineup (awaiting the Emperor) matte painting.
    "That's what Sheev said."