An oral history of the Star Wars Holiday Special

At Mental Floss, they have an oral history of the infamous Star Wars Holiday Special:

http://mentalfloss.com/article/72863...oliday-special

Ugh, the writers were brought on board because they worked with mimes, that explains what's so very wrong with the Kashyyyk segments.

It sounds like Charles Lippencott of LFL is ultimately who is responsible for it being as bad as it is by picking a unique director from outside the system, one that couldn't handle the type of work that was being done and left partway through. Oddly, his completed scene is arguably the best live-action scene in the special, the Cantina torch song.

Poor Carrie Fisher, she wanted to sing that Life Day song... and she's so bad! I've heard her sing since and luckily she is better, but man... that was the low point of a show made up of low points. At least they cut the singing Luke Skywalker number.

Lucas wrote the Boba Fett animated script, and was the one who decided it should be based it off Moebius' art style! Wow, that's crazy, that alone shows more vision than the prequels.

I wonder if someone else had cut it together might if have been watchable. I doubt that though.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

Kylo Ren - came from Space Brooklyn, although he moved to Space Williamsburg before it was trendy.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Lucas wrote the Boba Fett animated script, and was the one who decided it should be based it off Moebius' art style! Wow, that's crazy, that alone shows more vision than the prequels.
    And here is today's uncalled for and unneeded PT bashing moment, today brought to you by JT!

Hey, not my fault the movies are bereft of life.

Kylo Ren - came from Space Brooklyn, although he moved to Space Williamsburg before it was trendy.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Where "text" & "friend" are (n) & "fail" is (v)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Hey, not my fault the movies are bereft of life.
    How can you say that? Midichlorians ARE life! And political discussion? Regulations? Hugging one's mom, and falling in love (with some pretty smooth pick-up lines, too)? Clones growing in tubes?

This is why SW films really should have about 3 years in between, as it helps to weed out some issues. Too much too soon, leads to the Dark Side. Avoid the Emperor's comment: "You want THIS. Don't you?" And follow Qui-Gon's: "We will be patient."
    Too late; I already copyrighted these parodies: Rogue Juan, Rogue Won, Rogue Huan, Rogue Wan, Rogue Obi-Wan, Rouge One, Rogue Wand.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    How can you say that? Midichlorians ARE life! And political discussion? Regulations? Hugging one's mom, and falling in love (with some pretty smooth pick-up lines, too)? Clones growing in tubes?

This is why SW films really should have about 3 years in between, as it helps to weed out some issues. Too much too soon, leads to the Dark Side. Avoid the Emperor's comment: "You want THIS. Don't you?" And follow Qui-Gon's: "We will be patient."
    Life creates them, makes them grow.

I'm sure they would love to get you to show up every year for 2 SW films, give them time, soon enough it'll be every week a new Marvel or SW movie.