Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Cool Star Wars: The Clone Wars w/ "The Lost Missions" on Netflix - March 7th!

Well... now we know how those lost 13 episodes will first debut for us in the U.S.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Coming To Netflix, Including "The Lost Missions"

The Galactic Republic, Disney/ABC Television Group, Lucasfilm and Netflix Inc. today announced the highly anticipated debut of the sixth and final season of the Emmy Award-winning series Star Wars: The Clone Wars exclusively to Netflix members in the U.S. and Canada on Friday, March 7. Accompanying the 13-episode new season dubbed "The Lost Missions" will be the entire Star Wars: The Clone Wars saga, which includes several director's cut episodes never seen on TV as well as the feature film. This multi-year agreement also makes Netflix the exclusive subscription service for the entire Star Wars: The Clone Wars series.

In these eagerly anticipated episodes of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, some of the deepest mysteries of the conflict between the light and the dark sides of the Force are revealed. An intrepid clone trooper discovers a shocking secret, Anakin Skywalker's closest relationship is tested to its limits and what Master Yoda discovers while investigating the disappearance of a Jedi could forever change the balance of power in the galaxy. Fans will not only be able to watch the thrilling finale, they'll be able to see more of The Clone Wars than ever before as Netflix will also stream the director's cut of seasons 1 – 5.

"Star Wars is one of the most iconic franchises of all time and this series joins a long line of Disney content that Netflix members are and will continue to enjoy for years to come," said Ted Sarandos, Netflix chief content officer. "The Clone Wars marks an important moment as Netflix welcomes more and more first-run content from The Walt Disney Company and its subsidiaries.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars is the first time any Star Wars content has been available for Netflix streaming members. The deal follows a recent announcement from Netflix and The Walt Disney Company to bring multiple original series based on Marvel characters to the service in 2015. Netflix will be the exclusive U.S. subscription television service for first-run, live-action and animated movies from the Walt Disney Studios including titles from Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Disneynature and Lucasfilm beginning in 2016. Netflix members can currently enjoy a wide range of Disney, ABC Entertainment Group and Disney Channel films and TV shows across the 41 countries where Netflix operates.
    "The Lost Missions" Clip from Netflix: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_jcl8wxSEI
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

This is such exciting news! It's so great to finally have official confirmation, and the fact that it will debut all at once is spectacular – I'm glad it's over a weekend. This also backs up everything we've heard from the German notes, with these arcs (spoilers ahead):

*Order 66 Discovered – 4 episodes
    *Rise of Rush Clovis – 3 episodes
    *Jar Jar and Mace Windu – 2 episodes
    *Mystery of Sifo-Dyas – 1 episode
    *Yoda and the Voice of Qui-Gon – 3 episodes

Of course it's great to hear Liam Neeson back again as Qui-Gon, essentially for the scene we never got in ROTS! I'm thrilled that we'll finally get more answers about Order 66, Sifo-Dyas, and Force spirits, the latter two of which have been some of the biggest unsolved PT mysteries. Even the Clovis episodes looked good from clips shown years ago (when it was going to be part of Season Five), seeming to deal with the relationship between Anakin and Padmé and how much Obi-Wan knows about it.

For those that don't have Netflix – not only is it totally worth it in the first place, but you could always try the free trial to check these out. I'm also glad that Netflix is opening up the whole series to a wider audience.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

This is great news. I hope they include a function to play the series in chronological order.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

JediNews posted a scan of the latest Insider, which confirms the episode descriptions we've been seeing. And check out the trailer if you haven't already.

In a way, this feels like the end of the prequel era, especially with so many episodes finally tying up loose ends. It's bittersweet for me, but I'm excited to see these stories since they look and sound incredible. It looks like they might even explain midi-chlorians in an interesting way! Dave previously said that there's a nice send-off for a PT character, and I believe he was referring to the Jar Jar episodes – looks like Jar Jar might have a love interest, and I hope they give him some good closure here.

I can't wait for next week!

I’ve been behind on my Clone Wars viewings but trying to catch up. I did get the new season on DVD for Christmas…sat down to binge out on a disc or two…but didn’t get past the first episode. So I guess I need to take these in small doses. I think I’m still disgusted by that whole Mortis plot line they made me suffer through, plus some other nonsense: Darth Maul with mechanical legs (which was a running joke for years; didn’t think they would actually DO that), Mandalorian darksabers, Ahsoka’s general existence, etc.

Anyway it is cool that they are finishing off these missing episodes if it ties up some loose ends (but really why couldn’t GLu put the Qui-Gon stuff in ROTS where it belonged). It wasn’t right how they cancelled it before finishing the series. I definitely thought it was time to cancel it but they should have finished it off proper.

So, good news especially if it involves Jar Jar getting some tail.

I hope these make their way to DVD/Blu some time.

Quote Originally Posted by 2-1B View Post
    (but really why couldn’t GLu put the Qui-Gon stuff in ROTS where it belonged)
    Seriously.

One shot of Qui-Gon as a blue ghost, that's all it would take. And if Liam Neeson wasn't available, either reschedule the shot or mess around with an unused scene from TPM and drop him in. (Lucas showed he had no issue re-using sound in the godawful ROTJ blu-ray changes, as well as Qui-Gon's scream in AOTC.)

I still say Obi-Wan reacts to Yoda as if he sees something, because, otherwise, there's no reason to believe this 900-year-old guy is going to send him to a desert planet to train with another dude who's been dead for more than a decade.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Tomorrow is the big day, maybe I'll watch the first episode tonight at midnight. I have some medical imaging coming up tomorrow afternoon so I won't be marathoning it, but I am hopeful to view them all in a short period.

I suggest that we go with a relatively helpful honor-system policy regarding spoilers since on Netflix it's all released at once:
    - first arc and beyond is spoilers in the first week;
    - second arc and beyond is spoilers in the second week;
    - and so on.

That said, don't expect there to be huge spoiler-warnings, guys who aren't watching. Use discretion so as to avoid seeing anything you want left unspoiled.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

From some reviews I've seen online, it sounds like it's a great handful of episodes. I'm hoping to get through all 13 this weekend. I've sadly read a few spoilers but I'm still looking forward to these very much.

As a heads up – if you're watching multiple episodes in a row, Netflix automatically skips the intro; normally that's fine for other shows, but here they also get rid of the fortune cookie and newsreel, so you may want to rewind or exit and choose the episode from the menu if you want to see those while watching more than one episode.

It's also cool to be able to watch new episodes as whole arcs as opposed to chunks of a story spread out over months. They really do flow much better this way, as that's how they were planned.

SPOILERS AHEAD for the first four episodes . . .

Some moments played out longer than they needed to, but I really liked this arc. It was sad to see the last Domino fall, with Fives being gunned down by Commander Fox. His and Tup's dying speeches about the nightmare finally being over were touching. I appreciated the nods to previous episodes as I always enjoyed their storylines in particular; it was a nice conclusion to the threads started in "Rookies" five and a half years ago. Fives got extremely close to discovering the truth and exposing the Chancellor, but he pulled the ol' "hey this guy's trying to kill me!" trick, which we know he'll use to better effect later. There were a lot of well-directed action setpieces especially in the first episode, from the zero-g fight to Anakin and the clones spacewalking, including some interesting long takes. Even AZi-3 turned out to be pretty funny and endearing despite sharing a voice with WAC-47; his line about wishing he had human emotions was well played and cracked me up. Not to mention some canon confirmation that the droid designation numbers are far longer than what they're typically called, as has been hinted at over the years.

So now we know what enabled the clones to enact Order 66 – an organic inhibitor chip comprised of cells implanted in the clones when they're stage three embryos, similar to the normal genetic tampering that makes them more docile (and explained by Nala Se as one and the same). Dooku explained it as having been designed to protect against rogue Jedi, so it makes sense that the Kaminoans would go along with it. I liked the space station ring around Ringo Vinda, which was designed for ROTS – it's just too bad they didn't say it was in the Ringo star system It was also cool to see the return of Trench (though no story on how he survived), Obi-Wan's Season One spacesuit (worn by Anakin), Shaak Ti, the ROTS clone pilot uniform for the first time, the ROTS Republic Medical Center where Vader was rebuilt (though the episode guide says it's a different room), and even Bric and El-Les in the background, Jango Fett on a viewscreen, and the visibly older Admiral Yularen getting some dialogue. And the green clone commander working alongside Tiplee and Tiplar, whose figure is coming in TBS later this year, is named Commander Doom as he has a similar paint scheme to Dr. Doom. Oh, and Tim Curry was alright as Palpatine but much better as Sidious; his timing still sounds noticeably different from Ians McDiarmid and Abercrombie, but hearing him as Sidious made it more clear why he was cast.

I'm a little confused as to whether or not the Kaminoans think Tyranus is still a Jedi – or maybe it's Nala Se who knows he's not, and Lama Su thinks he is, based on Dooku's different conversations with them. And given Fives' surprise at any genetic tampering whatsoever, did he know they were made more docile than Jango? Did any clone? I bet it'll be more obvious when I rewatch these, but I hope the Sifo-Dyas episode will shine a little more light on this.

I noticed a rendering error at the end of the third episode – when the additional clones walk into the room near the end of the episode, the gray clone commander's visor pops out in front of other clones' weapons and helmets as they pass by. It looks pretty sloppy and is the first time I've ever seen something like that on this show, so maybe it was an artifact of rushed production.

Also, these episodes were all produced during the Season Five production schedule immediately after the fugitive Ahsoka arc.

I just watched the Clovis arc. They're definitely the best politically-themed episodes the show has ever done and deal with Anakin and Padmé's relationship very realistically.

SPOILERS ahead . . .

I loved the animation and design on Scipio, which is based on similarly neutral Switzerland and Swiss watches. Clovis' '60s-style bachelor pad was pretty swingin', too. These episodes dealt pretty heavily with banking, but were, y'know, actually interesting. The death toll here included Rush Clovis and Teckla Minnau, Padmé's aide who previously appeared in "Heroes on Both Sides" and in AOTC, serving Anakin and Padmé dinner. Shock Trooper Commander Thorn, a Thor reference first mentioned in an Insider several years back, didn't make it out, either (though his red Shock Trooper gunships were awesome). Embo's dog Marruk didn't get a ton of screen time but I liked their interaction when he brought back the hat. I also appreciate how Padmé's wardrobe started on the series with AOTC designs and is ending with ROTS ones. And hopefully on Rebels they design more food than just tomato slices and turkey legs; I'm sure these characters would like to eat something else once in a while. The episode guide says that Fang Zar, the bearded, thickly accented senator cut from ROTS, was also cut from this episode; he then dies in Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader, so the poor guy can't catch a break.

I really like how this arc dealt with Anakin and Padmé's marriage, with her finally not putting up with his violent crap – at least for a little while. For a minute there I wondered if they were gonna have Clovis be Luke and Leia's real father. It's important to show that their relationship wasn't all doe-eyed awkwardness but fraught with tension and resentment, further setting up ROTS. And even though we didn't get to hear all that Obi-Wan knows about the two of them, he does clearly know a lot. That clip was shown back at CVI (and I believe Disney SW Weekends before that), with the Ben Quadinaros poster and all. I translated the poster's Aurebesh, and it actually reads: "The sport's greatest rivalry: Quadinaros vs. Sebulba. We'll sell you the whole seat but you'll only need the edge!!!" Also cool that Anakin's room was littered with droid parts and personal attachments, similar to his childhood TPM bedroom and in stark contrast to the other quarters we've seen on this show.

Also of note is that this arc ended with Palpatine gaining direct control over the banks. So now he has the Nexus hyperspace routes and the banks, and I wonder what they had planned for him next . . . then all he needs is a new apprentice.

As seen with Yoda and Palpatine's older designs and the voice work of Ian Abercrombie, this episode was produced back during production Season Four between Season Five's Onderon and Young Jedi arcs.