Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Alpha wasn't in TCW since they didn't want to have everyone's name starting with an A - Anakin, Ahsoka, Artoo, Alpha. So he was basically turned into Rex.

I really do want to see how the clones are integrated into the Imperial army - this show would probably be the best place for it.

The budget for the live-action show was the reason it stayed on the shelf for so long. Then again, it was mainly because Lucasfilm didn't have the budget and didn't want to have to compromise by working with another company - maybe Disney would have the cash? As I mentioned elsewhere, even though these series would take place in the same 19-year span, they seem like they would be dealing with different topics and characters. (Though if it follows TCW's lead, it will jump all over the place.)
    I always thought Rex was cool but if he is intended to be Alpha then suddenly he became that much cooler in my eyes. I always wanted to know what happened to him and Ventress after the events of Obsession. I think TCW always kind of focused around the clones and other characters as well but mostly I saw it as a story through the eyes of the clones and Asohka. With folks who worked on TCW on board and how they set up the makings of the rebellion in TCW, I'd find it difficult to believe they wouldn't be tying it all in. I'm sure they'll wanna throw in some new stuff so it doesn't seem "same old" and keep it fresh but TCW was very successful at doing that throughout it's entire run and fans really embraced those characters. I wasn't into TCW at the begining and felt some stuff was a bitter pill to swallow. Like it would have to be it's own continuity if you included all the novels, comics and the earlier animated stuff. How can Obi-Wan and Anakin be everywhere at once? Thankfully they moved away from that and focused on other characters. Also bringing Darth Maul back completely diminished the events of TPM in my eyes. Anyone read Darth Plagueis? But I learned to let go, relax and enjoy the ride cause even the stuff I thought was ridiculous was being executed.rather well. In short, I can't wait for the new series.

SDCC is a week before CEII, but is Dave going to be there? He was one of the first guests announced for CEII, and he'll have to have something to talk about other than the Clone Wars bonus content. The fact that he and Kennedy are both going to be there leads me to believe they'll show off some goods in Germany. And it would be a cop-out to the fans to say, "Welp, we already showed everything last week! Too bad you weren't at Comic Con!" It would also be a show of good faith to the core SW fandom, since literally every big-ticket item they showed at CVI has been cancelled by this point. No matter what, I'm sure we'll have some information before the summer's over.
    They could road-show it, but it sounds like they're going to skip SDCC for this and probably for Filoni as well - first time that'll happen in 6 years, I think, between Avatar: The Last Airbender and SW:TCW. I wonder if they'll bring it to the D23 Expo a month later though.

A show set between ANH and ESB would be cool for sure. I've just been interested in the between-trilogy period for quite a while, and after it seemed like Disney wanted to move completely away from the prequel storyline, this would be welcome news to me. And this would be a great way to occasionally tie up remaining TCW plot points where it makes sense - I would love, for instance, to check back up on Mandalore and see how things have changed under the Empire. They could also possibly reconfigure some of the lost scripts from TCW seasons six through eight.
    I guess, but I think it'll need strong foundation to really work or it'll be trying to hit too many targets at once, whereas between ANH and ESB there's already a foundation in play. Also, the dark times can't really have any victories for the rebels, or ANH's crawl won't make sense, so that'll be difficult to make a show around.

Did you not like the crossover vibe from the final TCW season five arc? I thought it was handled very well there.
    Nah, the AOTC to ROTS crossover? Not really, it just felt more of the same from TCW to me, not a strong pull towards ROTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    I like that the series might rely on the McQuarrie designs. I would still like to see the fan-made anime-style Tie Fighter series. I can't seem to find the link to it, though.
    Yeah, McQuarrie is a great starting point, although I hope they're not too slavish to it, there's a reason the Y-wing art and the Death Star art changed so much.

The TIE Fighter anime was pulled by its creator because it was supposed to be a work in progress shown to a few people. Someone else took the video and added sounds and music (see the link in the 2nd post): http://www.sirstevesguide.com/showth...rs-anime-video

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Is this basically a semi-official canceling of the mythical live action series?
    No, that was already semi-officially canceled when Lucas said it was too expensive to produce on a weekly basis series. Disney has said that they aren't likely to make those produced scripts, BUT that they aren't saying no to the idea of a live action series, just probably not THAT one.

I really do want to see how the clones are integrated into the Imperial army - this show would probably be the best place for it.
    IMO, they should phase the clones out during this period, they're aging out and it's clear the Imperial troops of the OT are people, not clones (different heights and builds, less talented at warfare). Perhaps switching to "volunteers" that are really just conscripts would be the way to go.

The budget for the live-action show was the reason it stayed on the shelf for so long. Then again, it was mainly because Lucasfilm didn't have the budget and didn't want to have to compromise by working with another company - maybe Disney would have the cash? As I mentioned elsewhere, even though these series would take place in the same 19-year span, they seem like they would be dealing with different topics and characters. (Though if it follows TCW's lead, it will jump all over the place.)
    Lucas had the money, he just didn't want to lose his own money on the series, he wanted someone else to pay for it so he wouldn't be carrying all the risk.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    I guess, but I think it'll need strong foundation to really work or it'll be trying to hit too many targets at once, whereas between ANH and ESB there's already a foundation in play. Also, the dark times can't really have any victories for the rebels, or ANH's crawl won't make sense, so that'll be difficult to make a show around.
    The Clone Wars told a ton of varied stories, many of which didn't really have anything to do with the war itself, and I felt it was successful in doing so, so I'm not worried about that. This show can start out with showing Vader and the 501st continuing to hunt down and destroy the Jedi, there are lots of interesting ideas to explore there. They can show the criminal underworld growing stronger and more unruly, with characters from Jabba to Boba to Greedo to even Han and Chewie coming in to play. They could do more Droids-style adventures with R2-D2 and C-3PO. I assume they'll devote a good amount of time to showing how the various pockets of rebels formed, and they can explore many groups from all around the galaxy. And they can have skirmishes between the Rebels and Empire that don't go too well for the Rebels - they are the underdogs, after all, so I'd like to see them portrayed as such. I really don't think they'll have trouble coming up with stories for this time period, and it can all be tied around the idea of why the rebellion needed to be formed in the first place.

Nah, the AOTC to ROTS crossover? Not really, it just felt more of the same from TCW to me, not a strong pull towards ROTS.
    I was talking about how the final arc had designs heavily influenced by the Death Star, showing the Republic moving towards being an even more militaristic entity, so crossover from the PT to the OT.

IMO, they should phase the clones out during this period, they're aging out and it's clear the Imperial troops of the OT are people, not clones (different heights and builds, less talented at warfare). Perhaps switching to "volunteers" that are really just conscripts would be the way to go.
    Dave has said that he felt that the OT stormtroopers weren't clones, so you're probably correct that that's what we'll see. But even as the clones get older, I assume they'd at least be around for a while after ROTS, and I'd like to see what happens to them both as a whole and individually - particularly Rex, Cody, and Fives.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Dave has said that he felt that the OT stormtroopers weren't clones, so you're probably correct that that's what we'll see. But even as the clones get older, I assume they'd at least be around for a while after ROTS, and I'd like to see what happens to them both as a whole and individually - particularly Rex, Cody, and Fives.
    I wonder if they would hire Karen Traviss to pen some stories about that...
    "That's what Sheev said."

I wouldn't be surprised if Disney took this opportunity to start retconning some of the plot points from the Prequels with the eventual goal of just pushing the Prequels out of the Star Wars continuity altogether.

Even if they don't go that far, I see them writing stories around the OT as if the Prequels had never happened.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Disney took this opportunity to start retconning some of the plot points from the Prequels with the eventual goal of just pushing the Prequels out of the Star Wars continuity altogether.

Even if they don't go that far, I see them writing stories around the OT as if the Prequels had never happened.
    "As if millions of screen shots suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly edited. I'm not sure this would be something terrible to happen."

I think, of all my beliefs in the Star Wars mythos, the one thing I figured would never happen was a rewrite of existing events in the films. Messing up stuff with odd choices, ones I wouldn't have made? Sure. But a full-on ret-con? That makes SW just another film franchise, not a modern, collective fairy tale. And that IS something terrible that'd happen.

I don't think anything like that will happen in this show. Dave is a big fan and proponent of the prequels, so while obviously the show will eventually move towards ANH, it won't jettison the PT completely.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part.

Anyways, even if they don't try to push the Prequels out of continuity, of which I'm referring to Disney not Dave Filoni specifically, then I think they might at least downplay those films' significance as the years go by.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Yeah, like a From the Journal of the Wasn'ts... the PT was how Palpatine manipulated the history of the galaxy to report "that was how it happened," but in true Clue fashion, we get alternate endings until the real true one is revealed. There's your 12-film SW saga right there!

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Yeah, like a From the Journal of the Wasn'ts... the PT was how Palpatine manipulated the history of the galaxy to report "that was how it happened," but in true Clue fashion, we get alternate endings until the real true one is revealed. There's your 12-film SW saga right there!
    "Journal of the Wasn'ts" is my new favorite quote.