Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Ezra Bridger? That's an amazingly human name. (Not sure of the context of Ezra, but "Bridger" seems a lazy nod to the way this should bridge the trilogies.)

Early to complain, and I'm not, I just expected a name that sounded more Star Wars, less Indiana Jones or American Graffiti.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Ezra Bridger? That's an amazingly human name. (Not sure of the context of Ezra, but "Bridger" seems a lazy nod to the way this should bridge the trilogies.)

Early to complain, and I'm not, I just expected a name that sounded more Star Wars, less Indiana Jones or American Graffiti.
    Early to complain? You?! Why, that's never been known to happen.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Bridger sounds no less out of place than Luke and Ben to my ears. An interesting take on the name as well, "bridging", but probably way off the mark.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Not sure of the context of Ezra
    Ezra was an Old Testament era scribe in Israel who led a large group of Israelites back to Jerusalem after their captivity at the hands of the Babylonians. The Babylonians were defeated by the Persians in 539 BC and Cyrus (the king of Persia at the time) allowed the Israelites to return to their land. There were three main groups of Jews who returned to Jerusalem, the first led by Zerubbabel in 538 BC, the second led by Ezra in 458 BC, and the third led by Nehemiah in 445 BC. I believe Ezra is the one who reestablished the temple worship led by the Levitical priests and ritual sacrifices after their return. Zerubbabel was the Persian appointed king over the reestablished Israel (but he wasn't a part of the Davidic line) and I think Nehemiah was the first governor of Jerusalem after their return from exile. Ezra is traditionally credited with having written the books of Ezra, Nehemiah, and 1 & 2 Chronicles in the Christian Old Testament and the Jewish Tanakh.

Not that that has anything to do with Rebels, mind you. Most likely they picked the name because they just liked how it sounded.

I actually like the name because it does have a very OT (Original Trilogy, not Old Testament, in this context) feel to it. Also, it's not filled with apostrophes like most of the lame EU names.

Ezra? Know what would've been cooler? Alternative Bridger. Better than Ezra.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Entertainment Weekly has yet another photo of the Inquisitor and some stormtroopers running down the halls of what appears to be the Death Star (or something with the same design). Some of the details on the troopers' armor looks like it's painted on instead of textured - it's an interesting style both similar to and different from The Clone Wars, and I'd like to see more soon. Also note that the Inquisitor's lightsaber only has one blade ignited and one half of the ring seen in the previous image.

The print version has a few lines of an interview with Kinberg, though nothing earth-shattering.

MakingStarWars.net reported on some information found in a Lego catalog that includes some more character names:
    *Ezra Bridger
    *Kannan Jarrus
    *Hera Syndulla

We've already heard about Ezra, and some other toy leaks have mentioned Kannan, but the most interesting is Hera Syndulla. Cham Syndulla was the Twi'lek freedom fighter who fought to liberate Ryloth in Seasons One and Three of The Clone Wars, so there's undoubtedly some kind of a relation there. Cool!

EDIT: Dave Filoni has revealed another new character Chopper, the old astromech droid! He looks like a McQuarrie-style R5. It also looks like R2-D2 will be in the series, as the site includes character key artwork for both droids. The video includes Dave, art director Kilian Plunkett, animation supervisor Keith Kellogg, and concept artist Amy Beth Christianson talking about the new droid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    EDIT: Dave Filoni has revealed another new character – Chopper, the old astromech droid! He looks like a McQuarrie-style R5.
    That name sounds familiar. Wasn't one of the Clone Troopers from The Clone Wars also named Chopper?
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malakite View Post
    That name sounds familiar. Wasn't one of the Clone Troopers from The Clone Wars also named Chopper?
    Yup. It was a clone stationed on Christophsis in "The Hidden Enemy" who would cut off Battle Droid fingers and keep them as mementos. Hasbro even made a figure of him. Maybe since TCW named a main clone after an old droid (Rex), the new show will name a main droid after an old clone.

I like how this series so far seems more influenced by the original trilogy than any other iteration of Star Wars.