Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    The official site now has their write-up about Chopper – or, more formally, C1-10P (note how the "1-1" looks like an "H") – plus the same video and images, in addition to a shot of the Saga Legends Chopper figure. The figure looks pretty simple without any dirty paint wash, and hopefully the arms can at least fold out, even though this is a simple figure.

The article mentions that the show takes place four years prior to ANH, which is a little different than the five years mentioned at NYCC – well, I believe Hidalgo said it was 14 years after ROTS, so maybe they truncated the timeline or something? It was probably just a ballpark estimate anyway.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

HothBricks posted an image of the minifigures from the Ghost Lego set – it's really only two character reveals, but it confirms previous reports.

Zeb Orretios is a purple alien in a yellow outfit – another Lakers reference perhaps? He's either a Tarnab (like Senator Mot Not Rab or taxi pilot Rayno Vaca) or based on McQuarrie's Chewbacca concept, so I wonder if he's going to be the show's substitute for Chewie. I like his Spanish-sounding name.

Hera Syndulla is a green female Twi'lek. As has been said before, Cham Syndulla was the rebel leader on Ryloth, so it makes sense that his daughter (or niece, or whoever she is) would carry that spirit. She wears brown and orange, a very '70s choice that should fit in with the OT visually.

Kanan Jarrus, whose name has also been seen spelled "Kannan," includes a lightsaber, but the character has been blacked out presumably for a bigger character reveal later. If there's a Jedi in the crew, it's obviously Kanan. Rumors suggest that Kanan would be unaware of his or her Force abilities until finding a holocron with relevant information, which I think would be far preferable to a Jedi who survived Order 66 – obviously you can't stop Force-sensitive children from being born, so maybe finding them is part of the Inquisitor's role.

The fourth character is the Stormtrooper, and we've already seen their new design. It looks like the minifig is a little stylized with a more exaggerated "frown" on the helmet, so I guess this line will follow the show's designs like The Clone Wars sets also did.

Lucasfilm Animation released six propaganda posters today that they'll be mailing to 2500 recipients tomorrow. Here is a compilation of all six, with larger versions being distributed to various sites and collected on the official Star Wars Twitter feed. They're all pretty awesome! I hope they release these as posters at some point.

And now we have another official character reveal – Kanan Jarrus, the "cowboy Jedi" played by Freddie Prinze Jr. and the star of the show. He was young when Order 66 happened and has been laying low, forsaking his Jedi past during the rise of the Empire. I'm sure people will be bothered by another Jedi being alive, but it looks like they're going about it in an interesting way. He also has the "thunderbird" logo (or whatever it's going to be called) on his shoulder that eventually morphs into the Alliance logo (sorry, Marek family – your crest's no good here!).

Looking at various comments on Facebook and news sites, some have pointed out that his backstory, outfit, and name are very reminiscent of Kyle Katarn (with a little bit of Saw Gerrera thrown in there for good measure). It's also been noted that this is the first Latino leading character or actor in Star Wars – after Jimmy Smits, I don't even think there are any others...?

This other article on USA Today has a few quotes from the crew on the tone of the show and that sort of thing. Nothing particularly illuminating but it's good to keep hearing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    He also has the "thunderbird" logo (or whatever it's going to be called) on his shoulder that eventually morphs into the Alliance logo (sorry, Marek family – your crest's no good here!).
    Only if the show doesn't get cancelled.

Here's what I don't like so far. The Inquisitor and Kanan can never met. If the Inquisitor fails to capture Kanan, then Vader will just mop up. And if they never met... whats the point of the main characters?
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

And here's Ezra Bridger! He's a 14-year-old street smart pickpocket – I'm even picking up an Aladdin vibe in his character design. Evidently he has some Force abilities – he doesn't know it's the Force, perhaps similarly to how Harry Potter was able to occasionally use magic at a young age without knowing what it was. While I'm sure some people will groan that there are now two Force-sensitive people in the main crew, it will be interesting to see how the life of a Force-sensitive person develops (as they're not just going to stop being born) when there's no structure of the Jedi Order.

The accompanying video also shows several new pieces of concept art, including an AT-ST. There's even a clip of the animation model with hair flowing, something they were trying to do on TCW but rarely did.

I was originally annoyed by all of the Force-user characters in this show, but kids these days think of only three things when they think of Star Wars: lightsabers, lightsabers, and more lightsabers. So, obviously we are going to have lots of lightsabers swinging around in any new Star Wars media. It's probably best to just accept that fact and stop being bothered by it.

I do like a lot of what I've seen so far. That alien Zeb guy looks really cool and I think Ezra looks like an interesting character as well.

My excitment for the show is slowly building. When's the actual premiere?

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I was originally annoyed by all of the Force-user characters in this show, but kids these days think of only three things when they think of Star Wars: lightsabers, lightsabers, and more lightsabers. So, obviously we are going to have lots of lightsabers swinging around in any new Star Wars media. It's probably best to just accept that fact and stop being bothered by it.

I do like a lot of what I've seen so far. That alien Zeb guy looks really cool and I think Ezra looks like an interesting character as well.

My excitment for the show is slowly building. When's the actual premiere?
    There's no confirmation yet. Of course, the one-hour special premieres on Disney Channel sometime this Summer/Fall before it goes to Disney XD. Other than that, the haven't said anything.

But today they did reveal two new short trailers, so that's something:
    http://www.sirstevesguide.com/2014/0...lers-revealed/

We've also learned that another new character on the show is a female who wears a Mandalorian helmet n the same style of Bo-Katan and the Nite Owls. Evidently her name is Sabine, which is a little close to Satine. I wonder if they'll address what happened to Mandalore after we last saw it on TCW or if she just uses the gear.

I'm not bothered by the Jedi since the two characters explore two different ideas of post-Order 66 Jedi - a survivor and a newborn - so there are lots of interesting ideas they can explore with both of them. I don't want Sabine to just feel like a lady Boba or anything, though. I was pretty surprised to see her on the packaging at the Hasbro event.

Anyway, I like both the weapons we've teen for Ezra - a seemingly customized/scratch-built lightsaber and an electric slingshot similar to the Nightsisters's bows. They're new and familiar at the same time, which seems to be the goal for a lot of this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    While I'm sure some people will groan that there are now two Force-sensitive people in the main crew, it will be interesting to see how the life of a Force-sensitive person develops (as they're not just going to stop being born) when there's no structure of the Jedi Order.
    The kid makes more sense than the adult, since you can't stop force "users" from being born. I do like the hire of Freddie Prinze Jr. as the voice of Kanan.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Why's the kid have a slingshot that throws blaster bolts?
    Tommy, close your eyes.