Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Club Jade has a collection of coverage from today's Star Wars Rebels panel at WonderCon. The page also includes a video featuring Hera and Chopper in the Ghost cockpit facing off against TIE Fighters. The character animation is definitely more broad and, well, animated than TCW. It'll take some getting used to, but I like it so far.

They announced that Kevin Kiner will return to score Rebels, which is great news. They played the main theme, which evidently incorporates music from the films. The video has him playing a piece of music that may or may not be the main theme, but it sounds great!

EDIT: Rebels Report recorded the main theme at the presentation and posted it online. It incorporates the Main Theme and Force theme from the films, and I like it a lot – it's very evocative of the original trilogy. It's around a minute long, so I wonder how much of it will be played in the actual show intro?
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

This USA Today interview with Sabine voice Tiya Sircar mentions that a trailer for the series will debut online early Sunday morning and air that evening with The New Yoda Chronicles.

The article also includes a photo of stormtroopers firing their blasters with what appears to be a group of Wookiees behind them. Maybe we'll see the Empire enslaving them, as they did in the EU?

I go over the details of the figures in this thread, but Sandtroopers.com posted a photo revealing some new characters for Rebels.

Cikatro Vizago is a yellow-skinned Devaronian. I wonder if they'll use some of the characterization for Villie here? His apparent partner IG-RM is a droid based on Ralph McQuarrie's concept art for IG-88 (hence the "RM"), which was previously turned into a Legacy Collection figure in 2009.

Wulffwarro and Kitwarr are Wookiees, with the former being large and bulky with the latter being more svelte. Since the photo from the show includes Wookiees in chains, it does indeed appear that we'll see the Empire enslaving or imprisoning at least a few Wookiees.

Also revealed here is the fact that Obi-Wan will appear in the series. So will R2-D2 and C-3PO, which we knew about. I wonder if the Rebels will visit Tatooine or something, or if Obi-Wan is out and a little more active in the galaxy? Obi-Wan could conceivably cross paths with R2-D2 – they could even explain why he doesn't remember owning a droid – but C-3PO could be a bit much.

Empire posted a short preview of the preview, since that's a thing that happens nowadays. Here's a low-quality capture of the Good Morning America clip, showing Kanan wielding his lightsaber against some Imperials among other things.

In this Nerdist interview, Dave Filoni discusses how the lightsabers will look more like the ones in ANH, with thinner blades that quiver a little. They also describe the Inquisitor like Sherlock Holmes:
    N: One of the forces they’re going up against is the Inquisitor. Tell me more about him and creating a villain in this universe. It’s got to be a challenge.

DF: It’s always hard. It’s not just about giving someone a red lightsaber. You have to have such a good reason for doing it. And you have to figure out what makes them tick. To me, the Inquisitor, where he’s different is -maybe this is a big spoiler, you get two good ones today – he’s the kind of guy that can just look at you and from the way you stand, from the way you talk, he can tell where you’re from and what your tendencies are. He kind of analyzes you, takes things in, and knows how to defeat you.

N: So he’s rocking a little Sherlock.

DF: A lot like that. In swordplay, depending on how you counter him, he’ll know where you studied. He understands things. I find that Maul was a very physical villain. He would cut you down out of sheer ferocity. Vader is a villain who’s unique because he’s almost like this indifferent pillar of anger and fear and hate, and the only thing that breaks that is Luke, through love. He’s completely unique in that way. The Inquisitor is more in the intellectual realm. He’s a combatant, yes, but he’s actually somewhat elegant and he likes to dissect you down almost like a game because he’s learning. To him knowledge is power. The more he learns about you, the more he learns about how to defeat you and your friends. And that makes him a particularly nasty kind of spider to trap.
    So I wonder if he's going to play a bit like Thrawn.

Hero Complex confirms that David Oyelowo will be playing Agent Kallus. Oyelowo's involvement in Rebels and/or Episode VII has been rumored for quite a while now, but seeing as how he looks nothing like the character I think it's safe to say he won't be playing Kallus onscreen. Kallus' ANH-inspired '70s style mutton chops are awesome! We've seen the character with his helmet, but now we know that his sideburns match the helmet design. He's described as the Inquisitor's right-hand man and a member of the Imperial Security Bureau. This is Oyelowo's second Lucasfilm role, having played Lightning in Red Tails.

SPOILERS ahead...

The Visual Guide shows Bail Organa's new design, which blends his PT look with the more utilitarian Alderaan designs of ANH. The guide mentions that he loans the droids to Imperial Governor Pryce on Lothal, so maybe they'll be used as Rebel spies?

Also, this image of Cikatro Vizago has been floating around the Internet. He's a Devaronian who was first revealed via a Hasbro upcoming figure list. It's been mentioned that his name roughly translates from Spanish and French to "scar face," which is a cool way to do a nod without being overly obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    SPOILERS ahead...

Also, this image of Cikatro Vizago has been floating around the Internet. He's a Devaronian who was first revealed via a Hasbro upcoming figure list. It's been mentioned that his name roughly translates from Spanish and French to "scar face," which is a cool way to do a nod without being overly obvious.
    Does he have a little friend?
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Entertainment Weekly confirms Jason Isaacs as the Inquisitor! He's best known as Lucius Malfoy from the Harry Potter films but has also done voice work for Avatar: The Last Airbender and other projects. The teaser also shows how the creators don't just want him to be a disposable villain or a carbon copy of Vader or Maul. Interestingly, he taps into the dark side but of course isn't considered a Sith.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Entertainment Weekly confirms Jason Isaacs as the Inquisitor! He's best known as Lucius Malfoy from the Harry Potter films but has also done voice work for Avatar: The Last Airbender and other projects. The teaser also shows how the creators don't just want him to be a disposable villain or a carbon copy of Vader or Maul. Interestingly, he taps into the dark side but of course isn't considered a Sith.
    Does he have two friends who hang around him?
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Lucius, not Draco.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Lucius, not Draco.
    Does he have a son?