Article: Lucasfilm Announces New Animated Series: Star Wars Rebels

Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

This seems pretty cool, hopefully Disney will let it shine instead of stumble a la Tron Uprising. The inclusion of Ralph McQuarrie concept art is a fantastic idea.

Why can't they show us at SDCC first?!? Oh man! Fall of 2014, hurry up.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    This seems pretty cool, hopefully Disney will let it shine instead of stumble a la Tron Uprising. The inclusion of Ralph McQuarrie concept art is a fantastic idea.

Why can't they show us at SDCC first?!? Oh man! Fall of 2014, hurry up.
    My only thought on it is . . . they need to really really knock this out of the park. It'll be a huge sign of what disney's plans are for the franchise. If it's good, current fans will be happy, and hopefully it brings in new ones.

If it's bad . . .

Well . . . Disney has, what, 4 billion reasons to make it good, right? It better be good . . .

This is a good idea. Alot of potential here. Its a good opportunity to capture both OT and PT fans. I'm looking forward to more information.

The article I read said that Clone Wars is getting a sixth season. This is contrary to anything we've already read and heard. Any truth to this or was it an author mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    The article I read said that Clone Wars is getting a sixth season. This is contrary to anything we've already read and heard. Any truth to this or was it an author mistake?
    It must be a mistake - I've been looking at the coverage of this news from various websites, and there are lots of errors like this to be found. There's still the bonus content coming, and it sounds like it will consist of at least three multi-episode arcs (meaning at least half a season's worth of content), but there has been no official word on when or how it will be released.

I commented on this in the forums, but I'm very happy about this new show.

I read it on Yahoo.

The Clone Wars have always had a much better reputation in the "Star Wars" fan community than the first three episodes, so there's a lot of excitement surrounding this new series. If nothing else, it will tide fans over as "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" prepares for its sixth and (presumably) last season and the wait for Episode VII in 2015 begins.
    - Robert Chan Yahoo! TV

Yahoo! is not always the most reliable source of news.

Anyways, I'm pretty optimistic about this new show. I especially love how they are going back to Star Wars' visual origin in determining the look for this series.

That same Yahoo article mentions "Uncle Ben and Aunt Veru" so it's not really that well-written. I suspect the author on that article was referring to the "bonus content" episodes that have not yet publicly revealed how they'll be released, but they're not actually a 6th season.

I thought so as well, just wanted to check.