Article: Sideshow Collectibles Darth Vader Deluxe Sideshow Exclusive Edition Pre-orde

"SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Hmm, so what are the thoughts on this piece? Also, it seems very odd that the description doesn't mention the light-up chest box and belt boxes while an image does, is that a dropped feature?

I ultimately cannot see where $250 is going here, nor can I afford 10% for a non-refundable deposit. The chest box is woefully too small in their pics, leading to the stomach area looking blank and weird. The helmet sculpt doesn't look quite right. The undersuit material looks too thick or stiff or something. The unmasked portrait is only shown from the side and looks off. I guess I'm just not seeing where the money is going, this is literally twice the price of the previous figure but doesn't look twice the quality, and I simply cannot commit yet to a non-refundable deposit on an item that may not live up to what I want from it. I will wait and see how it looks at Comic-Con before deciding, and I guess if that means not getting the exclusive severed hand then that's a risk I'll have to take.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Hmm, so what are the thoughts on this piece? Also, it seems very odd that the description doesn't mention the light-up chest box and belt boxes while an image does, is that a dropped feature?

I ultimately cannot see where $250 is going here, nor can I afford 10% for a non-refundable deposit. The chest box is woefully too small in their pics, leading to the stomach area looking blank and weird. The helmet sculpt doesn't look quite right. The undersuit material looks too thick or stiff or something. The unmasked portrait is only shown from the side and looks off. I guess I'm just not seeing where the money is going, this is literally twice the price of the previous figure but doesn't look twice the quality, and I simply cannot commit yet to a non-refundable deposit on an item that may not live up to what I want from it. I will wait and see how it looks at Comic-Con before deciding, and I guess if that means not getting the exclusive severed hand then that's a risk I'll have to take.
    I eagerly await your thoughts on it at Comic-con, man!

I'm interested. And since (due to distribution) I've largely given up collecting hasbro's figures, I'm starting to think that maybe one major purchase from a company like side show a year may be more enjoyable. I don't yet have a good darth vader, so if this guy turns out to look better in person, which sometimes happens, I may bite the bullet and plunk down the cash.

I've only spent a grand total of 30 dollars this year on star wars figures, and at least from what I know of the upcoming figures later in the year have a very low interest.

So . . . if Comic-con shows him to be worth the cost, I may have to inform my wife that lord vader will arive, probably as my only christmas present.