Article: New Hasbro Mission Series in Hi-Res

"SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

I may buy a few of these if these are the cheep figures being released. My daughter is big into my little poneys, but she DOES also like star wars. We've been trying to find her a c-3po for some time now, and she also loves r2-d2, luke, and leia.

...So of course those are the ones I havn't seen at all yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroleptic View Post
    I may buy a few of these if these are the cheep figures being released. My daughter is big into my little poneys, but she DOES also like star wars. We've been trying to find her a c-3po for some time now, and she also loves r2-d2, luke, and leia.

...So of course those are the ones I havn't seen at all yet.
    It seemed like there were a few other ones shown on display at Toy Fair, but they were mixes of animated and realistic style figures (including a realistic C-3PO with an animated R2-D2), so I assume that's not what will be released. There's also the line of $5.99 single-carded Saga Legends figures coming, but none of the characters you mentioned are in that line yet, either.

I'm a little disappointed they didn't at least use the new Battle Droid sculpt from the 2013 Class I vehicles for this line.

Does Vader have articulated elbows (or at least one articulated elbow)?

I've got to admit, I have no interest in the 1978-style figures, but, if these hit clearance or closeout stores, I might have to get the Vader just for that wicked-looking droid.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Does Vader have articulated elbows (or at least one articulated elbow)?

I've got to admit, I have no interest in the 1978-style figures, but, if these hit clearance or closeout stores, I might have to get the Vader just for that wicked-looking droid.
    I think that's just a crease in his left elbow, not an articulation point, as it doesn't continue towards the back of his arm.

As I pointed out during the Toy Fair coverage, that Seeker Droid - which is based on the droid that looks for Obi-Wan on Utapau, and a smaller version is in Vader's operating room - is the only never-before-made piece in the entirety of the 3 3/4" line this year (at least out of what's been revealed so far). Well, I guess that's less true if you take the Star Tours sets into account, but the newness there consists of repaints and updated versions of characters that we've seen before - one of which is a modified Seeker Droid, actually.