Hybrid View

Article: Lego reveals 1,990 piece Lego Ewok Village

"SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

That is awesome. I have 2 vintage Kenner Ewok villages in my Battle of Endor diorama. One I actually had fully set up and am making reparations to.

The LEGO set is modeled after Kenner's. It takes me back to the good 'ol days.

I remember I got my Ewok Village playset as a Hannukah present. It was not a surprise. I wanted it, so my mom drove me to Sears (where they had a nice toy section back in the day comparable to Target's in modern times) and she purchased the playset for me.

My dad was gone during the holidays that year, off on a mission. So it was just me and my mom and my cat.

We set up the Ewok village in the middle of the living room and lay on the floor and played with it, adding all the Ewoks.

My mom sewed the string through the net trap because Kenner recommended "An adult assists you with this."

I think we sold my original playset, and the two (loose, complete) ones I have now I purchased later when I decided I wanted to build my dioramas.

Part of the reset I want to do with this display is to replace my hand-painted background poster art with 1) an actual clip from ROTJ of Vader's shuttle landing on the docking platform and the AT-AT in the background (picture only - my case looks better WITHOUT an AT-AT toy in it, though I use 4 AT-ST's (Chewie having stole one) and 2) a forest side with the background art blending an actual redwood forest with an overlay of images of the KENNER TOY EWOK VILLAGE photo-shopped in at the correct size and placement to blend in with my physical toys, so that my Ewoks' toy tree home looks even larger than with the two playsets combined. (I don't want to use mirrors because I don't want repeated Ewoks seen - I have enough to make them all different - AND I want Jedi Luke appearing in the background seeing the 3 Jedi Spirit / Ghosts - blue Jell-O versions since they don't make a Yoda spirit figure I think - plus the blue Jell-O is classic nostalgia from almost 2 decades back of the new modern collection -hard to believe, huh?)

Anyway for you LEGO fans, this set is awesome and you will no doubt derive a lot of enjoyment from having it. It's complete with very nice figure choices and the added decore to the village goes beyond what KENNER even did back in the day. I'm going to have to embellish my playsets when I re-set them.

So for all an Endor AT-AT or the AT-STs and speederbikes in the scene could be worth [and someone with more room could add the Tyderim (mine has to sit on a detolf for my Endor 12" just beyond this display)], the EWOK VILLAGE is the heart of any Endor scene. AT-ATs, AT-STs, and even Speederbikes are also in Hoth displays. But only Endor has the Ewoks!

I was recently given an incomplete Ewok Village playset from a friend looking to get rid of a few things, and it's awesome - I've thought to since I saw photos of it a long, long time ago. This does indeed look like it was based on the Kenner playset, which is just too cool.

I don't really have the room or money for LEGO thanks to my Hasbro obsession, but this one will be very difficult to pass up.

Normally, I'm not a big fan of how organic objects, like trees, look when built with Lego bricks, but those trees actually look really nice. The whole set has a lush, foresty feel to it which is surprising for a Lego set.

This looks pretty good, but not 1900 pieces good (which usually equates to $200). On the other hand, not like there's an alternative out there.