Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Remember when some of us were worried those '78-style figures would be ordered over the regular ones by stores because they're cheaper, and no one would buy them and they'd pegwarm hard, but only a lucky few would find the other figures because stores, being stores, would assume the lackluster performance of the "Dollar General" line represented a lack of interest in Star Wars altogether?

Yeah, who's laughing now? Okay, not me, because it would be nice to see some real Star Wars figures.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Remember when some of us were worried those '78-style figures would be ordered over the regular ones by stores because they're cheaper, and no one would buy them and they'd pegwarm hard, but only a lucky few would find the other figures because stores, being stores, would assume the lackluster performance of the "Dollar General" line represented a lack of interest in Star Wars altogether?
    No, I don't remember because I backed off from collecting in late 2006 and have only bought a few things here and there, I'm just now getting back into the game and my collecting has radically changed.
    May the force be with you.

One of my WMs was in the middle of a reset the last time I was there. Hoping the new stuff will show up after that project is done.

Other than the same old ships in new packaging, nothing at TRU.

Yeah, who's laughing now? Okay, not me, because it would be nice to see some real Star Wars figures.
    I don't know if it's fair to judge the performance of the new lines when they're only just starting to hit. From what I've read, Target has already run through its first allocation of TBS figures and will be getting more soon, and Walmart and Kmart are still resetting but products there are just starting to trickle in. I believe TRU still needs to reset as well, even though some stores have gotten in the figures. I assume we'll have a clearer picture of what's going on in about a month or so.

To be honest, we don't know if the 5-POA lines are selling well or not. If they were produced in gigantic quantities, then they could conceivably pegwarm AND outsell the "premium" line at the same time.

One of the Walmarts that had reset the SW pegs to a small area re-reset as of last night and things were in much better shape. They didn't have any more DTF figures, and they still had several Quinlan Vos figures, but they had two pegs for 3 3/4" Black Series and four leftover figures from the first wave. Still no space for vehicles or 6" figures though.

My TRU still has a few Yarnas, now down to $2.48 but in packaging so ratty it looks like it'd give you a disease.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Walmart actually had these in stock today. I bought the Scout Trooper, Biggs and Vader.

I saw them all and easily passed. They're boring. I want new figures if I'm paying ten bucks. Or at least major league improvements.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I must have missed some Scout Troopers somewhere. Most of mine are POTJ, this one has more articulation. The Vader is different from any of the loose Vader's I have as well, more soft goods, blaster bolt hand and Han blaster, plus I don't have a loose Biggs, so these were money well spent for me. I've been out of the game too long.

On the flip side I kinda like the smaller cards, though the bubble on the Scout Trooper I got was poorly attached, literally half of the bubble was separating from the card. Fortunately I was planning to open it anyway.