Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    I must have missed some Scout Troopers somewhere. Most of mine are POTJ, this one has more articulation. The Vader is different from any of the loose Vader's I have as well, more soft goods, blaster bolt hand and Han blaster, plus I don't have a loose Biggs, so these were money well spent for me. I've been out of the game too long.

On the flip side I kinda like the smaller cards, though the bubble on the Scout Trooper I got was poorly attached, literally half of the bubble was separating from the card. Fortunately I was planning to open it anyway.
    So you missed out on the 2006 Biker Scout on the vintage card? That figure was rereleased several times over the years.

I bought the 2006 Biker Scout on the vintage card, he's still on his card.

Interesting that he's been released so often. I MAY have a couple extras that I picked up, but they are all still on their cards.

Okay, I have at least a half a dozen of them...still on their cards and inside the protective case.

I have a slight issue with OT imperials and self-control. In fact, as I am going through my loose figures I realized I have more than a dozen of the Scout Troopers from POTJ. That is, more than a dozen of each version, clean and dirty (or blasted). hehehe
    May the force be with you.

Saw the Padme and ceremonial Luke 3 3/4-inch figs for the first time today, as well as Biggs, the scout trooper and Anakin. Thought the paint jobs on Padme and Luke could've been better, especially round the joints.

This evening I picked up the variant Biker Scout at TRU - all previous versions I'd seen had the white straps near the hip pouches, but this one has black stripes, more like the Speeder Bike version. Not the most thrilling of variations, but there it is.

Is anyone else seeing problems with the bubble attachments?

I have seen a ton of these with poor bubble attachments, peeling, pulling from the card or just plain not fully attached!

I wasn't aware of the white/black strap variants, I just checked mine and the straps are black.

Is anyone else seeing problems with the bubble attachments?

I have seen a ton of these with poor bubble attachments, peeling, pulling from the card or just plain not fully attached!

I wasn't aware of the white/black strap variants, I just checked mine and the straps are black.
    I haven't seen this in the stores, but Yakface posted a video that shows, if you shake a Black Series figure, the bubble will fall right off the card. I tried it with the Biker Scout I bought, and sure enough, it separated from the cardboard after a few good seconds of shaking. To be fair, I don't think anyone should be shaking them that much - even standard shipping and handling should be fine. But I wonder if it will be a problem for carded collectors down the line.

We've all seen evidence that some store employees are less than gentle with figures, though.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

This problem is much more pronounced than I have ever seen. Some of the bubbles are clearly attached well, as seen by a much darker line of glue, while some of them have the darker line around just part of the bubble. Those are the ones that separate. If you pull on these they lift right off the card with no damage, but when you get to the darker partion the card paper tears.

I will post up some pictures tonight to show what I am talking about, but it looks like Hasbro is not using enough adhesive around the bubbles, so only part of the bubble sticks to the card.

This WILL be a problem for carded collectors.

I have seen this bubble issue, I even reported it earlier. They aren't using scored plastic or cardbacks so the smooth-on-smooth connection isn't grabbing as well as it should, and the adhesive isn't attaching uniformly -- letting air in and drying it out before it can fully adhere to the cardback.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

This WILL be a problem for carded collectors.
    Or, it will drive up prices for MOMC With Enough Glue figures.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."