Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

3 3/4" rumors - Vizam, Merumeru, Plagueis, Toryn Farr

JediTempleArchives is reporting with a rumor list that the ever-excitable Paul says is the real deal.

*Vizam
    *Darth Plageuis
    *Stormtrooper (Episode IV)
    *Clone Trooper (41st Legion)
    *Commander Neyo
    *Merumeru
    *Mace Windu (The Clone Wars)
    *Luke Skywalker (Jedi Training)
    *Yoda (Jedi Training)
    *Wedge Antilles (Snowspeeder Outfit)
    *Darth Vader (Episode III)
    *Snowtrooper
    *Toryn Farr

The ROTS-themed figures make sense in the wake of the cancelled 3D release - two more clone updates in the gray-patterned 41st Legion trooper and another crack at Neyo, prominent Wookiee warrior Merumeru, Darth Plagueis, and the first ROTS Vader since 2005. If true, I would be excited to see a more-articulated Wookiee warrior this time around.

Vizam would be the first figure from the 1998 POTF2 skiff guards cinema scene to finally get a resculpt. I would have preferred a never-before-made skiff guard instead, but this should be cool.

A new Dagobah Luke and Yoda would be awesome, and so would a snowspeeder Wedge. I hope Toryn Farr finally makes it out, since people have been asking about her forever. I'm not sure what a new snowtrooper would bring to the table after the already-awesome VTAC version, but maybe this will be a commander or a version with ball-jointed legs, either of which would be very welcome.

If they make Plagueis, I'd like to see young Palpatine and Darth Tenebrous. Torryn would be more than welcome. Other than that, pretty heavy on the resculpts.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Vizam is good news and kind of an interesting choice. Especially since Hasbro once said that they were more interested in focusing on all-new Skiff Guards and not resculpts of POTF2 figures. But of course, we all know better than to try to hold Hasbro to their word on anything.

I'm still excited about the idea of seeing an updated Vizam and hope that we might see an updated Barada and Klaatu sooner rather than later.

Of course, there is also the possibility that this is another case of mistaken identity. Remember when they thought that Giran was Wooof and that was the reason they gave for making Giran first? If that is the case, then there is really only one other Nikto from the Skiff Battle that hasn't been made yet: Vedain. But whether it's Vizam or Vedain, I'd gladly buy either one.

Merumeru seems promising and hopefully he's VOTC Chewbacca quality. Otherwise he's a pass for me.

I'm also interested to see what they have planned for the Stormtrooper and Snowtrooper. I'm assuming they will be mostly rereleases but might have some new parts to them. The only way I'd buy a new Snowtrooper is if they ditch the clonehead and just give us a solid sculpted helmet. That would require them to retool the neck ball-joint, but that's fine. I just want Hasbro to start phasing out cloneheads under the helmets of OT troopers and maybe we can finally put that bit of unpleasantness behind us.

Plagueis is the only one that excites me. I hope they give him two different heads, battle-damaged with breathing apparatus, and normal.

So is their an official image of what Plagueis looks like now? Because I've seen one image and he looks like Humpty-Dumpty on SlimFast. Hardly a menacing look for a Sith Lord.

This looks pretty menacing.

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/ima...n_Plagueis.jpg

Not sure why he's fighting the Foot Clan though.

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Droid View Post
    This looks pretty menacing.

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/ima...n_Plagueis.jpg

Not sure why he's fighting the Foot Clan though.
    So, what's the deal with his nose? Does he have one or does he not have one? In the images where he doesn't have a nose, he looks acceptable. In the images where he does have a nose, he looks hilariously goofy.

He doesn't.. He's the same species as San Hill, the banker guy in AOTC who's apparently from Georgia or Alabama.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'm interested in Vizam, Toryn Farr, Plagueis, and Luke.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    He doesn't.. He's the same species as San Hill, the banker guy in AOTC who's apparently from Georgia or Alabama.
    The longer the amount of time since you've actually watched the movies, the more outlandish your recollections get.

I think bigbarada was asking because some depictions of other Muuns sometimes have noses and sometimes don't. It didn't look to me like San Hill had one, but I believe the Genndy microseries started the trend of needlessly giving noses to Muuns. He doesn't really have much of a nose on the cover of the novel, but who knows what they will use as the basis for the figure's design.

The original list has since been updated to include an AOTC Battle Droid, presumably based on the TVC version. I was looking forward to this release since I love the TPM version, so I do hope it's back on track.