Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    JediTempleArchives is reporting with a rumor list that the ever-excitable Paul says is the real deal.

*Vizam
    *Darth Plageuis
    *Stormtrooper (Episode IV)
    *Clone Trooper (41st Legion)
    *Commander Neyo
    *Merumeru
    *Mace Windu (The Clone Wars)
    *Luke Skywalker (Jedi Training)
    *Yoda (Jedi Training)
    *Wedge Antilles (Snowspeeder Outfit)
    *Darth Vader (Episode III)
    *Snowtrooper
    *Toryn Farr

The ROTS-themed figures make sense in the wake of the cancelled 3D release - two more clone updates in the gray-patterned 41st Legion trooper and another crack at Neyo, prominent Wookiee warrior Merumeru, Darth Plagueis, and the first ROTS Vader since 2005. If true, I would be excited to see a more-articulated Wookiee warrior this time around.

Vizam would be the first figure from the 1998 POTF2 skiff guards cinema scene to finally get a resculpt. I would have preferred a never-before-made skiff guard instead, but this should be cool.

A new Dagobah Luke and Yoda would be awesome, and so would a snowspeeder Wedge. I hope Toryn Farr finally makes it out, since people have been asking about her forever. I'm not sure what a new snowtrooper would bring to the table after the already-awesome VTAC version, but maybe this will be a commander or a version with ball-jointed legs, either of which would be very welcome.
    Vizam, that's not terrible as an idea, they already have enough parts to do it - the deck gun, the head and hands (although I actually don't like that head much, it has some proportional issues and the sculpt is a tad soft) - and the POTF2 version is showing its age.

Stormtrooper Ep IV would be nice if it was an all-new sculpt, it's been begging for a more accurate sculpt for some time now, but that's going to be in the helmet which is the easiest place to get it wrong.

41st Clone, that's either all white, green with white, or white with gray. I'm betting it's not all white or they wouldn't bother with the specific designation. Green and white has been done before, but looks much better than white with gray. I'm not thrilled about this, but if it's on the new body I'll take a look.

Neyo again? Remember back in the day when this was a rarity, and now there's several? Yikes. Too much clone burnout, they really need to keep that in check.

Merumeru isn't that interesting to me, but it's not unwelcome. I do think this is looking a bit too prequel-heavy after Hasbro admitted audiences are not buying prequel product as much anymore though.

Mace Windu (The Clone Wars), ugh, go away, these. None of these are selling that well.

Luke Skywalker (Jedi Training), I'm satisfied with POTC version, but its articulation is dated. If they don't do better than that figure in every way though, it's going to a real disappointment.

Yoda (Jedi Training), ditto.

Wedge Antilles (Snowspeeder Outfit), that'd be nice, especially if they released his Snowspeeder to go with it. Then we'd need a Jansen figure too.

Darth Vader (Episode III), super ultra mega pass. Worst incarnation of Vader ever, even worse than the white one.

Snowtrooper, gonna be tough to outdo the previous figure, but the head could use a better, more movable helmet that's not reliant on a removable gimmick we don't want. Something with a high post deep into the helmet though, not like the VOTC Stormtrooper where it's a giant ball right above the shoulders.

Toryn Farr, ha! That'd be hilarious if they finally do this, I'd given up on seeing it ages ago. Kinda makes me think this list is bunk though, just because there's not that much OT and this isn't a figure I can imagine Hasbro doing at this stage.

The ROTS-themed figures make sense in the wake of the cancelled 3D release - two more clone updates in the gray-patterned 41st Legion trooper and another crack at Neyo, prominent Wookiee warrior Merumeru, Darth Plagueis, and the first ROTS Vader since 2005. If true, I would be excited to see a more-articulated Wookiee warrior this time around.
    Makes sense, although I think there's no way Hasbro would HAVE to do figures based on the canceled 3D release, they knew way in advance it wasn't happening for ROTS, well before the development schedule would have forced that.

Vizam would be the first figure from the 1998 POTF2 skiff guards cinema scene to finally get a resculpt. I would have preferred a never-before-made skiff guard instead, but this should be cool.
    Like who? He's the last "face" guard I think.

I'm not sure what a new snowtrooper would bring to the table after the already-awesome VTAC version, but maybe this will be a commander or a version with ball-jointed legs, either of which would be very welcome.
    More range of motion in the head and arms would be my choice, ball-jointed hips would be a thing too although I don't feel like this figure needs it. The Commander should be a separate figure though, it's not an army builder but a one-off character.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Of course, there is also the possibility that this is another case of mistaken identity. Remember when they thought that Giran was Wooof and that was the reason they gave for making Giran first? If that is the case, then there is really only one other Nikto from the Skiff Battle that hasn't been made yet: Vedain. But whether it's Vizam or Vedain, I'd gladly buy either one.
    Vedain is so much less visually interesting than Vizam, and without a new Skiff to pilot, I wouldn't want him.

Merumeru seems promising and hopefully he's VOTC Chewbacca quality. Otherwise he's a pass for me.
    Definitely a requirement, I agree.

I'm also interested to see what they have planned for the Stormtrooper and Snowtrooper. I'm assuming they will be mostly rereleases but might have some new parts to them. The only way I'd buy a new Snowtrooper is if they ditch the clonehead and just give us a solid sculpted helmet. That would require them to retool the neck ball-joint, but that's fine. I just want Hasbro to start phasing out cloneheads under the helmets of OT troopers and maybe we can finally put that bit of unpleasantness behind us.
    IMO, they shouldn't ditch the neck ball-joint, just the heads that go over it. Resculpt the trooper helmets to plug deeply over those existing pegs, creating a hollow for it to move around, it'd be much more natural in its range of motion yet not such a pain in the butt, it'd be a lot more like the Sideshow 12" figures that way. New helmets that sit at a proper height and move like a head should and look better and don't come off when you look at them funny, that'd be fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    The original list has since been updated to include an AOTC Battle Droid, presumably based on the TVC version. I was looking forward to this release since I love the TPM version, so I do hope it's back on track.
    This is surprising in no way at all. I wonder if they'll release it clean or with light weathering, I think the red looks better with weathering but they are factory-fresh in the movie.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I want to see some of the human guards, even if they're not technically "skiff" guards. Fozec probably being the #1 on my list.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I want to see some of the human guards, even if they're not technically "skiff" guards. Fozec probably being the #1 on my list.
    They're also not aliens, which I think takes away some of the cachet of the figure. I don't disagree, but I understand why aliens are more likely to happen than those, in this case.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Vedain is so much less visually interesting than Vizam, and without a new Skiff to pilot, I wouldn't want him.
    Yeah, I kind of agree, without a new skiff that can actually hold the proper amount of skiff guards, then it's pointless to make Vedain right now.

Vizam is actually my favorite outfit of all the Niktos from the Skiff Battle, so I'm happy with the choice.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Neyo again? Remember back in the day when this was a rarity, and now there's several? Yikes. Too much clone burnout, they really need to keep that in check.
    There was the version from the rare Treachery on Saleucami battle pack, which was then re-released in Saga Legends and repainted with less battle damage as a generic Saleucami trooper in TLC. So really there's only been one Neyo.

Wedge Antilles (Snowspeeder Outfit), that'd be nice, especially if they released his Snowspeeder to go with it. Then we'd need a Jansen figure too.
    Jansen came out in an Evolutions set in 2008, so your prayers have been answered five years ago.

Darth Vader (Episode III), super ultra mega pass. Worst incarnation of Vader ever, even worse than the white one.
    Word is that this might actually be crispy Anakin. A version with a medical capsule and better paint would be killer.

Toryn Farr, ha! That'd be hilarious if they finally do this, I'd given up on seeing it ages ago. Kinda makes me think this list is bunk though, just because there's not that much OT and this isn't a figure I can imagine Hasbro doing at this stage.
    JTA later revealed that this list was all from Walmart's computers, so it seems pretty legit.

Makes sense, although I think there's no way Hasbro would HAVE to do figures based on the canceled 3D release, they knew way in advance it wasn't happening for ROTS, well before the development schedule would have forced that.
    ROTS 3D was announced last August at CVI for a Fall 2013 release, and it takes 12-18 months to plan and release a figure, so I assume they were at least working on several ROTS figures for the then-planned 3D release that they just decided to release here anyway. The 3D releases were only cancelled in January, so the figures would have been pretty far along in development at that point. Obviously their other plans for ROTS 3D are still evident in the lava packaging (dictated by LFL, but still) and things like the Birth of Vader set and Class II Ani and Obi starfighters, not to mention the new Saga Legends line that so far has included only AOTC and ROTS figures.

You said you don't really want Vizam, but I still display the old skiffs and one of them needs a pilot, so he would be my first choice. Yotts Oren would be a good choice as well, and so would the orange-and-blue-clad Weequay. The remaining ones are humans, which seem fairly unlikely to varying degrees.

JTA also listed a Theed Hangar Pilot. If it isn't a black or female pilot, then I don't know why they would bother so soon after Ric Olié and the generic white pilot didn't exactly fly off the shelves - especially since their ship was almost impossible to obtain and only now showing up at discount retailers.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Likewise, get some human guards in there and mix it up a bit. Fozec has been on their list if memory serves so he's a possibility at some point. I'd like Nizuc bek (sp?) aswell because he showed up in a lot of shots and he was in the palace and the barge I think.

Interested in Vizam, Toryn farr, Dagobah Luke possibly, yoda possibly, Snowspeeder Wedge and the snowtrooper (if its the commander) from this list.

FlyGuy chimed in on the list and added the TLC A-wing Pilot and a ROTJ Luke, the latter of which they assume is an error for reasons I don't understand (the UPCs for both Luke figures are unique). Hopefully the ROTJ Luke will be a Jabba's palace version with a good cape, or maybe an Endor version.

EDIT: JTA says that the ROTJ Luke might actually be a cheapo 12" figure. Oh well.

If it's the same A-Wing Pilot that they showed last year, based on the 2007 Tycho figure, then it's a pass for me.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

FlyGuy lists even more new figures, all of which are confirmed to be under the Black Series UPC:

Episode IV TIE Pilot
    Episode III Saesee Tiin
    Episode III Clone Pilot Jag
    Episode III 212th Clone Trooper
    Episode III Galactic Marine
    Episode III Emperor Palpatine
    Episode III Clone Trooper 327th

The site also lists an AT-RT with Clone, but apparently it shows up as an AMP'D product, though I thought that line was cancelled.

Anyway, the TIE Pilot and 212th Clone Trooper were supposed to be out in LC2, so it's not surprising to see them here (though hopefully they will have fixed the error of the missing Imperial symbol on the TIE Pilot or done something to make him new).

Saesee Tiin pegwarmed hard the last time he was out - that was probably due to them repacking the ROTS figure for three years straight, and he hasn't been available on a single card since 2008 (aside from the rare TCW version), so hopefully he will do well.

Jag will undoubtedly be a repaint of last year's Odd Ball, which was in turn based off a figure from the Evolutions set that looked an awful lot like Jag. Despite the similarities, there are some differences between the helmets, so it will be good to get a proper version of Plo's assassin.

This line is already getting very clone-heavy, but updates to the Galactic Marine and 327th Star Corps troopers should be cool.

I wonder which version of Palpatine it will be? Maybe a super-articulated version from the office duel, or a revised one from the formation of the Empire? Both have been requested by people fairly often.

I'm glad the TIE Pilot is back out there. Always cool to see more of them. Ideally, I would love to see them ditch the removable helmet feature and maybe retool the legs to allow for ankle articulation. But most likely it's just going to be a new paint scheme.