Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

3 3/4" rumors - Vizam, Merumeru, Plagueis, Toryn Farr

JediTempleArchives is reporting with a rumor list that the ever-excitable Paul says is the real deal.

*Vizam
    *Darth Plageuis
    *Stormtrooper (Episode IV)
    *Clone Trooper (41st Legion)
    *Commander Neyo
    *Merumeru
    *Mace Windu (The Clone Wars)
    *Luke Skywalker (Jedi Training)
    *Yoda (Jedi Training)
    *Wedge Antilles (Snowspeeder Outfit)
    *Darth Vader (Episode III)
    *Snowtrooper
    *Toryn Farr

The ROTS-themed figures make sense in the wake of the cancelled 3D release - two more clone updates in the gray-patterned 41st Legion trooper and another crack at Neyo, prominent Wookiee warrior Merumeru, Darth Plagueis, and the first ROTS Vader since 2005. If true, I would be excited to see a more-articulated Wookiee warrior this time around.

Vizam would be the first figure from the 1998 POTF2 skiff guards cinema scene to finally get a resculpt. I would have preferred a never-before-made skiff guard instead, but this should be cool.

A new Dagobah Luke and Yoda would be awesome, and so would a snowspeeder Wedge. I hope Toryn Farr finally makes it out, since people have been asking about her forever. I'm not sure what a new snowtrooper would bring to the table after the already-awesome VTAC version, but maybe this will be a commander or a version with ball-jointed legs, either of which would be very welcome.

If they make Plagueis, I'd like to see young Palpatine and Darth Tenebrous. Torryn would be more than welcome. Other than that, pretty heavy on the resculpts.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Vizam is good news and kind of an interesting choice. Especially since Hasbro once said that they were more interested in focusing on all-new Skiff Guards and not resculpts of POTF2 figures. But of course, we all know better than to try to hold Hasbro to their word on anything.

I'm still excited about the idea of seeing an updated Vizam and hope that we might see an updated Barada and Klaatu sooner rather than later.

Of course, there is also the possibility that this is another case of mistaken identity. Remember when they thought that Giran was Wooof and that was the reason they gave for making Giran first? If that is the case, then there is really only one other Nikto from the Skiff Battle that hasn't been made yet: Vedain. But whether it's Vizam or Vedain, I'd gladly buy either one.

Merumeru seems promising and hopefully he's VOTC Chewbacca quality. Otherwise he's a pass for me.

I'm also interested to see what they have planned for the Stormtrooper and Snowtrooper. I'm assuming they will be mostly rereleases but might have some new parts to them. The only way I'd buy a new Snowtrooper is if they ditch the clonehead and just give us a solid sculpted helmet. That would require them to retool the neck ball-joint, but that's fine. I just want Hasbro to start phasing out cloneheads under the helmets of OT troopers and maybe we can finally put that bit of unpleasantness behind us.

Plagueis is the only one that excites me. I hope they give him two different heads, battle-damaged with breathing apparatus, and normal.

So is their an official image of what Plagueis looks like now? Because I've seen one image and he looks like Humpty-Dumpty on SlimFast. Hardly a menacing look for a Sith Lord.

This looks pretty menacing.

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/ima...n_Plagueis.jpg

Not sure why he's fighting the Foot Clan though.

I'm interested in Vizam, Toryn Farr, Plagueis, and Luke.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    JediTempleArchives is reporting with a rumor list that the ever-excitable Paul says is the real deal.

*Vizam
    *Darth Plageuis
    *Stormtrooper (Episode IV)
    *Clone Trooper (41st Legion)
    *Commander Neyo
    *Merumeru
    *Mace Windu (The Clone Wars)
    *Luke Skywalker (Jedi Training)
    *Yoda (Jedi Training)
    *Wedge Antilles (Snowspeeder Outfit)
    *Darth Vader (Episode III)
    *Snowtrooper
    *Toryn Farr

The ROTS-themed figures make sense in the wake of the cancelled 3D release - two more clone updates in the gray-patterned 41st Legion trooper and another crack at Neyo, prominent Wookiee warrior Merumeru, Darth Plagueis, and the first ROTS Vader since 2005. If true, I would be excited to see a more-articulated Wookiee warrior this time around.

Vizam would be the first figure from the 1998 POTF2 skiff guards cinema scene to finally get a resculpt. I would have preferred a never-before-made skiff guard instead, but this should be cool.

A new Dagobah Luke and Yoda would be awesome, and so would a snowspeeder Wedge. I hope Toryn Farr finally makes it out, since people have been asking about her forever. I'm not sure what a new snowtrooper would bring to the table after the already-awesome VTAC version, but maybe this will be a commander or a version with ball-jointed legs, either of which would be very welcome.
    Vizam, that's not terrible as an idea, they already have enough parts to do it - the deck gun, the head and hands (although I actually don't like that head much, it has some proportional issues and the sculpt is a tad soft) - and the POTF2 version is showing its age.

Stormtrooper Ep IV would be nice if it was an all-new sculpt, it's been begging for a more accurate sculpt for some time now, but that's going to be in the helmet which is the easiest place to get it wrong.

41st Clone, that's either all white, green with white, or white with gray. I'm betting it's not all white or they wouldn't bother with the specific designation. Green and white has been done before, but looks much better than white with gray. I'm not thrilled about this, but if it's on the new body I'll take a look.

Neyo again? Remember back in the day when this was a rarity, and now there's several? Yikes. Too much clone burnout, they really need to keep that in check.

Merumeru isn't that interesting to me, but it's not unwelcome. I do think this is looking a bit too prequel-heavy after Hasbro admitted audiences are not buying prequel product as much anymore though.

Mace Windu (The Clone Wars), ugh, go away, these. None of these are selling that well.

Luke Skywalker (Jedi Training), I'm satisfied with POTC version, but its articulation is dated. If they don't do better than that figure in every way though, it's going to a real disappointment.

Yoda (Jedi Training), ditto.

Wedge Antilles (Snowspeeder Outfit), that'd be nice, especially if they released his Snowspeeder to go with it. Then we'd need a Jansen figure too.

Darth Vader (Episode III), super ultra mega pass. Worst incarnation of Vader ever, even worse than the white one.

Snowtrooper, gonna be tough to outdo the previous figure, but the head could use a better, more movable helmet that's not reliant on a removable gimmick we don't want. Something with a high post deep into the helmet though, not like the VOTC Stormtrooper where it's a giant ball right above the shoulders.

Toryn Farr, ha! That'd be hilarious if they finally do this, I'd given up on seeing it ages ago. Kinda makes me think this list is bunk though, just because there's not that much OT and this isn't a figure I can imagine Hasbro doing at this stage.

Makes sense, although I think there's no way Hasbro would HAVE to do figures based on the canceled 3D release, they knew way in advance it wasn't happening for ROTS, well before the development schedule would have forced that.

Like who? He's the last "face" guard I think.

I'm not sure what a new snowtrooper would bring to the table after the already-awesome VTAC version, but maybe this will be a commander or a version with ball-jointed legs, either of which would be very welcome.
    More range of motion in the head and arms would be my choice, ball-jointed hips would be a thing too although I don't feel like this figure needs it. The Commander should be a separate figure though, it's not an army builder but a one-off character.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Of course, there is also the possibility that this is another case of mistaken identity. Remember when they thought that Giran was Wooof and that was the reason they gave for making Giran first? If that is the case, then there is really only one other Nikto from the Skiff Battle that hasn't been made yet: Vedain. But whether it's Vizam or Vedain, I'd gladly buy either one.
    Vedain is so much less visually interesting than Vizam, and without a new Skiff to pilot, I wouldn't want him.

Merumeru seems promising and hopefully he's VOTC Chewbacca quality. Otherwise he's a pass for me.
    Definitely a requirement, I agree.

I'm also interested to see what they have planned for the Stormtrooper and Snowtrooper. I'm assuming they will be mostly rereleases but might have some new parts to them. The only way I'd buy a new Snowtrooper is if they ditch the clonehead and just give us a solid sculpted helmet. That would require them to retool the neck ball-joint, but that's fine. I just want Hasbro to start phasing out cloneheads under the helmets of OT troopers and maybe we can finally put that bit of unpleasantness behind us.
    IMO, they shouldn't ditch the neck ball-joint, just the heads that go over it. Resculpt the trooper helmets to plug deeply over those existing pegs, creating a hollow for it to move around, it'd be much more natural in its range of motion yet not such a pain in the butt, it'd be a lot more like the Sideshow 12" figures that way. New helmets that sit at a proper height and move like a head should and look better and don't come off when you look at them funny, that'd be fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    The original list has since been updated to include an AOTC Battle Droid, presumably based on the TVC version. I was looking forward to this release since I love the TPM version, so I do hope it's back on track.
    This is surprising in no way at all. I wonder if they'll release it clean or with light weathering, I think the red looks better with weathering but they are factory-fresh in the movie.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Like who? He's the last "face" guard I think.
    I want to see some of the human guards, even if they're not technically "skiff" guards. Fozec probably being the #1 on my list.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I want to see some of the human guards, even if they're not technically "skiff" guards. Fozec probably being the #1 on my list.
    They're also not aliens, which I think takes away some of the cachet of the figure. I don't disagree, but I understand why aliens are more likely to happen than those, in this case.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.